Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When can we fly to Spain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

You can travel from tomorrow for non-essential reasons as the legislation expires.

Where can I read that info/expiry for myself? I'd like to understand it better.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I am a little confused with this and someone here will likely clarify.
    We are now signed up to EU Covid passport.
    Therefore anyone from EU can arrive with this document.
    However it seems a fully vaccined Irish person who cannot obtain cert has to have a PCR on arrival.

Am i reading this correctly....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

krinpit wrote: »
    Where can I read that info/expiry for myself? I'd like to understand it better.

Thanks!

Sure.

This is the link where it describes the rules, obviously not legal advice but a general guide;

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/travelling_abroad_during_covid.html

But within there is a link to the legislation, look for;

"Health Act 1947 (Section 31A – Temporary Restrictions) (COVID-19) Regulations 2021"

It hyperlinks to the legislation which provides for the sunset clause at Part 1, s. 1(1).

I am a little confused with this and someone here will likely clarify.
    We are now signed up to EU Covid passport.
    Therefore anyone from EU can arrive with this document.
    However it seems a fully vaccined Irish person who cannot obtain cert has to have a PCR on arrival.

Am i reading this correctly....

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Yes

It means you can't travel, even with double jabs and the HSE card.
    So the 2 trips to Aviva stadium were f*ck all use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I swore I read something on here about Aug 12th...
    I know that is 6 weeks from Julu 1 and we need to have the Digital cert in by then
    But I feel like there was some other exemption EU wide until Aug 12- something like they will accept vaccine cards til then but after that if you have not got a digital cert....
    Am I dreaming...?

Edit: found it

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en#timeline

Does this imply that if we Irish haven't got out sheeet together by Aug 12 other EU countries could refuse "other methods" after that?

It means you can't travel, even with double jabs and the HSE card.
    So the 2 trips to Aviva stadium were f*ck all use.

The HSE cert ok to travel to Europe.
    But you will need need PCR to come home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I just read this morning that in Spain people can get the Covid cert the day after the second jab...

The app produces the cert on demand based on the most up to date info. I had my first jab last Wednesday at 18.00. I could produce my cert 5 minutes later showing I'd had one dose, the date of dose, which vaccine etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭beachhead

Yes

You can travel anywhere you like now but need a pcr test to come back home

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

It's not only negative PCR test. You have to have negative PCR test to arrive in country. And after you arrive, you need to do house quarantine to yourself. You can go out after 5th day only for having Covid 19 test from a test center nearby (which is free) or from somewhere else paid. If that result is negative, then you are free to leave your house quarantine.

So you just can't start going out right after your arrive even if you are fully vaccinated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think if you presented that HSE vaccine card anywhere in Europe you would be laughed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭acequion

bonjurkes wrote: »
    It's not only negative PCR test. You have to have negative PCR test to arrive in country. And after you arrive, you need to do house quarantine to yourself. You can go out after 5th day only for having Covid 19 test from a test center nearby (which is free) or from somewhere else paid. If that result is negative, then you are free to leave your house quarantine.

So you just can't start going out right after your arrive even if you are fully vaccinated

But after 19th July the requirement to have a PCR and to quarantine when entering Ireland no longer applies to the fully vaccinated. Is that not correct?

acequion wrote: »
    But after 19th July the requirement to have a PCR and to quarantine when entering Ireland no longer applies to the fully vaccinated. Is that not correct?

Essentially on the 19th you enter without a pcr from the 19th onwards
    In theory right now you shouldn't need a pcr to enter Ireland as an Irish citizen because its not required for other EU citizens and neither is quarantine if they enter with their DCC fully vaccinated

You cannot have easier entry for non citizens than citizens in my opinion and I'd say I'm right

I think if you presented that HSE vaccine card anywhere in Europe you would be laughed at.

We are being laughed at already, didn't they say it at the launch that it happen on July 1st.
    I said that here a couple of weeks ago and was aggressively talked down by other members here.
    We all get what we deserve...

Essentially on the 19th you enter without a pcr from the 19th onwards
    In theory right now you shouldn't need a pcr to enter Ireland as an Irish citizen because its not required for other EU citizens and neither is quarantine if they enter with their DCC fully vaccinated

You cannot have easier entry for non citizens than citizens in my opinion and I'd say I'm right

No your wrong as its happening.
    Why do we put up with this sith... we're eejits....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Confirmation any of the fallowing.

EU Digital COVID Certificate IN DIGITAL FORMAT, issued by a member state of the European Union.
    It may contain one or more of the following proving that a person:has been vaccinated against COVID-19
    a diagnostic test [NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) /RAT (rapid antigen test)] has been performed and the result was negative.
    has recovered from COVID-19, after having had the disease.

So according to this it's only the Digital Cert which is acceptable? This is infuriating, there's so many different and opposing opinions! Edit to say I have re read and now take it to understand leaving Ireland the cardboard vaccine proof is acceptable. Coming home, the Irish government issue proof is not acceptable on its own? I mean FFS!

So according to this it's only the Digital Cert which is acceptable? This is infuriating, there's so many different and opposing opinions! Edit to say I have re read and now take it to understand leaving Ireland the cardboard vaccine proof is acceptable. Coming home, the Irish government issue proof is not acceptable on its own? I mean FFS!

I know i read elsewhere that Spain will accept confirmation of having vaccine complete.
    It will not effect me personally but i think the Government have treated us very badly on this one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Anyone know if the the cardboard vaccine proof is acceptable for Spain. I know you can't enter the details on the SpTH Spain Travel Health site until after 48 hours before your flight time to get the QR code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

bonjurkes wrote: »

If you are vaccinated you don’t have to quarantine.

If you are vaccinated you don’t have to quarantine.

That's not the official line, self quarantine 14 days etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

You can just get a test in Spain before you come back if the app hasn't been linked on the Irish side when you're due back. TBC whether antigen will be accepted by Ireland when you return. If you were to come back now it would only be the PCR that's accepted.

Yeah I’ll get the test if I have to but I galls me to think that I would have to pay for an antigen test to come home when im fully vaccinated and the DCC should be fully operational by then.

I’ll be delighted if it works out as you say Marine Layer and a WhatsApp photo would do. Or even better if I could sign up digitally from Spain.

Anyway I know I’m very lucky to be able to fly off to Spain so I won’t complain too much!

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Yeah I’ll get the test if I have to but I galls me to think that I would have to pay for an antigen test to come home when im fully vaccinated and the DCC should be fully operational by then.

I’ll be delighted if it works out as you say Marine Layer and a WhatsApp photo would do. Or even better if I could sign up digitally from Spain.

Anyway I know I’m very lucky to be able to fly off to Spain so I won’t complain too much!

Let us know how you get on getting into Spsin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

“ EU Digital Certs will be issued from next week” - https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0706/1233354-covid-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jmcgold

Travelling to spain on 21st July. Booked an antigen test for myself and wife with a crowd called GoSafe48. Does anyone know if tests from this provider are accepted on the Spanish side?

I expect all be ok.
    If you flying to Malaga i can advise on PCR test for return...

A few people were asking where thje Covid test at Malaga Airport.

It is located at Baggage check-in...

What happend boards.ie over the past day or 2. Seems I have lost DM's and posts, for example for the last few days in this forum have been deleted. Seems like the site upgrade didnt go so well:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Hi Folks. Should we be getting worried about the posibility of the 'Digital Cert Emergency Brake' being pulled by the Irish Govt for Spain due to the increasing case numbers over there (now one of worst in Europe). Due to be heading to Lanzarote in mid-August. Fully vaccinated with the Digital Cert. Individual Countries are entitled to pull the Emergency Brake on a country if they want. France & Germany already advising against travel to Spain!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭BobMc

this is what aplies if emergency brake if applied, its just a risk you have to be prepared to take while travelling during Covid

The current advice from the government is to avoid non-essential travel. From 19 July, new advice and rules relating to international travel will come into effect in Ireland.

Travelling from Ireland to other destinations

It is important to check the public health advice and restrictions in place in the country you plan to travel to.

Travelling to Ireland

Passengers arriving into Ireland must fill out a Passenger Locator Form.

Passengers arriving into Ireland from inside EU/EEA (EU + Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway)

From 19 July, subject to the prevailing public health situation, Ireland will operate the EU Digital COVID Certificate for travel originating within the EU/EEA. The DCC will make it easier to travel to and from these countries.

Passengers arriving into Ireland from outside EU/EEA (EU + Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway)

Emergency brake mechanism

To protect its citizens against importation of variants of COVID-19, an ‘emergency brake’ mechanism will be coordinated at EU level to react swiftly to the emergence of a variant of concern or variant of interest.

Government advice will be to avoid travel to a country where the emergency brake has been applied.

If your journey originates in a country to which an emergency brake has not been applied

If you have valid proof of vaccination, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.

If you do not have valid proof of vaccination, you will need to:

• present evidence of a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country
    • self-quarantine
    • undergo post-arrival testing - this will be provided through the HSE

If your journey originates in a country to which an emergency brake has been applied

If you have valid proof of vaccination, you will need to:

• produce a negative result from a RT-PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before arrival
    • undergo self-quarantine
    • undergo post-arrival testing - this will be provided through the HSE

If you do not have valid proof of vaccination, you will need to:

• produce evidence of a negative result from a PCR test undertaken no more than 72 hours before arrival
    • undergo mandatory hotel quarantine
    • undergo post-arrival testing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭ax530

The way case number have gone so high here& Europe recently and especially as I'm hearing of children getting virus think I'm going to cancel the much longed for holiday to Lanzarote, the hotel not reopening until Aug so hard to know how things will work in hotel with restrictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sono

My wife is of the same view as you.

we are due to fly to Malaga middle of August, we have young kids and my wife has started really panicking about getting there and then being stranded or even worse all of us getting very sick while we are there.

both of us will be fully vaccinated but the kids won’t.

I was really looking forward to going but if she doesn’t want to go then we will simply cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭BobMc

And thats the judgement call we all have to make, circumstances are different for all, If you've any lingering doubts and can move it or cancel and get a refund do it, Wont be a holiday if you are uptight the whole time. Weigh up whats happening and go from there, no shame if you dont travel at all, its not for everyone in the middle of all this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sono

Yeah it’s a tricky one, we will be outdoors for the majority of the trip and will keep to ourselves so I think it would be alright but I do have to take her concerns on board too.

this whole situation changes so quickly that it could look a lot better/worse in a couple of weeks.

will reschedule if my wife really doesn’t want to go and hope we get to go later in the year if it comes to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Anyone know if the Canary Islands now require a PCR instead of antigen or PCR from today. Seems to have been a change where antigen is only listed for locals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Hi all,

I'm a resident of the Republic firstly, I've an Irish passport, myself my wife and 3 kids have flights booked from belfast(rollover flights from last year) to malaga on 16th-25th August

We are in our 40s and kids are 11,9,8.

None of us are jabbed!

What is current protocol for people wanting to fly like above, can anyone advise please 🙏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Why are the adults not jabbed?

Surely thats the least you could do for fellow travellers on the plane?

Due to travel to Spain (Malaga) in the morning. I have two negative antigen test reports from Gosafe48. When I print them out the QR code seems very large on the page; about 25-30% of an A4 sheet. Does anyone know how the Spanish authorities process these? Are they OK to scan the QR code off the sheet or do I need to scan the QR code into an app?

In fairness, GoSafe48 rang me directly and got me sorted. If anyone

else has a similar issue, the link to use is

https://scan.yoti.com/index.html

• Advertisement

They don't scan the test result they look at date and negative.

They do scan passenger locator.

I was told they didn't bother setting up scan as it need be changed for DCC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

I would have thought that's none of our business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Plan to fly to Gran Canaria the first week of August.

Hopefully no stupid rule changes happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

I was hoping to travel 1st week of September. Have accommodation sorted, but still haven't booked any flights yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gdforan

We go to Fuengirola every March and Oct but were not there since March 2020 when lockdown started and came home. As we are fully vacanated and got the EU covid travel pass last week I booked the flights . Aer Lingus price Dublin to Malaga was and still is very expensive but got a good deal with Ryanair. You need to make that executive decision very soon about booking flights as flight price's are on the way up.🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks. Yes, I'm going to make a call in next day or so. TBH, I don't care about prices and would pay anything just for a relaxing week!

I’m in Spain at the moment. It is just fabulous. I know the weather is great in Ireland too but it’s just heaven here not hearing constant doom and gloom. People just getting on with their lives. So relaxing

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gdforan

Great you are there and having a relaxing time. I think when the weather breaks here more will look at getting away to the sun.

Do you mind telling how the new Travel doc went both in Dublin and Malaga.

Also does anyone know if there are QR scanners at Dublin arrivals.

Last time i came in it was a mess....

Sorry maestroamado we flew out on the 10th before the DCC so had to get antigen tests

• Advertisement
Advertisement