Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Obviously they need to see your face ffs.

North Korea? Talk about hysterics.

Lol :D I love the way the deniers of the removal of our rights and freedoms dismiss any one painting the true picture as hysterics or conspiracy theorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

acequion wrote: »
    Lol :D I love the way the deniers of the removal of our rights and freedoms dismiss any one painting the true picture as hysterics or conspiracy theorists.

If a read that post from one of them deluded Trump supporters it would not surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

py2006 wrote: »
    If a read that post from one of them deluded Trump supporters it would not surprise me.

lol again :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I will add that my travel was weeks ago, so maybe things are starting to get more lax now as we're [hopefully] nearing the end of these farcical restrictions.

As of last week everything the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭saabsaab

My Guy in Spain says that most of the group is is with have now also tested positive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

saabsaab wrote: »
    My Guy in Spain says that most of the group is is with have now also tested positive!

When did they arrive in Spain?

Feria40 wrote: »
    When did they arrive in Spain?

Around 3/4 weeks ago. Tested positive last week.

Just had a few pints here in London (inside!) with a friend of mine heading back to Sydney on Tuesday. Been moving back home over the last few months....family went first and he’s been back in London selling the house and sorting things out.

He’s really worried, as are his peers, about the Australia end game for Covid. Apparently MHQ is being shelved in return for 7 days home isolation for vaccinated people from 7 July (he’s too early so he’s got to do MHQ). But the quota for inbound arrivals is being halved. There are no seats on any flights for weeks (other than through LA, but you can’t transit through US airports due to their organisation in which arrivals and departures mix in the same area)

And because a large segment of Australian society don’t travel, don’t care about the border being shut, and are happy just going to NRL matches etc, there is no desire to take vaccines. These people just don’t feel they need to. Australia will never get to the level to vaccination needed, with massive vaccine lethargy / hesitancy, to open borders. And as there are the inevitable breakouts of covid as MHQ is relaxed, there will be more lockdowns

Meanwhile there are tens of thousands of Australian citizens who can’t get home.

There strategy might have looked the best for many months. But just shows how right we were to not try to implement it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Yeah, lol. You are stating clearly that Ireland is literally North Korea. Which is obviously a ridiculous notion, it’s Ireland. But equally ridiculous is the idea that Ireland is operating under a hugely oppressive and murderous dictatorship. It’s insulting to people living in those conditions and very telling about your entitled attitude.

Were you on social media in your beloved Spain (a country with more than a hint of actual dictatorship history) moaning and getting hysterical about the legal requirement to wear masks outdoors?

Sure they will not be allowed return until they are negative PCR.
    They may learn a bit of cop-on.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Around 3/4 weeks ago. Tested positive last week.

You’re clearly spoofing with this story to suit your narrative. Spain has had lower rates of covid than Ireland throughout the year. You’ve ignored questions and comments from people on the ground here in Spain about your views.

Your fabricated story about a group catching covid in Spain with such a convenient timing from when they got it is bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

My own 2 cents on the digital trammel certificate

Vaccinated people can travel - makes sense, although fully vaccinated is a bit of overkill, 2 weeks after your first vaccine is medically speaking plenty

People who have recovered from COVID-19 within 9 months - makes sense also, 12 months even should be good

PCR test 3 days in advance of flying - it's like breathalyzing somebody on the way to the pub and on the off chance you test positive you're now stuck in your holiday destination at potentially great cost

Not sure how else you'd work it for the unvaccinated though

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Sure they will not be allowed return until they are negative PCR.
    They may learn a bit of cop-on.....

2 weeks post positive test they should be able to contact the Irish DFA for assistance should PCR still be showing up as positive.

I have no idea what kind of holiday this group was enjoying (maybe the original poster said something a few pages back) but "they may learn a bit of cop-on" is a bit harsh without knowing the exact circumstances

Feria40 wrote: »
    2 weeks post positive test they should be able to contact the Irish DFA for assistance should PCR still be showing up as positive.

I have no idea what kind of holiday this group was enjoying (maybe the original poster said something a few pages back) but "they may learn a bit of cop-on" is a bit harsh without knowing the exact circumstances

"doctors differ" i am mature about Covid. I did not get that impression from the post, like you i do not know about holiday...

faceman wrote: »
    You’re clearly spoofing with this story to suit your narrative. Spain has had lower rates of covid than Ireland throughout the year. You’ve ignored questions and comments from people on the ground here in Spain about your views.

Your fabricated story about a group catching covid in Spain with such a convenient timing from when they got it is bonkers

Absolutely not. All true but it doesn't suit you to acknowledge it.

See below
    https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/spains-covid-19-cases-jump-youth-infection-surges-2021-07-05/?taid=60e348a7fdc7d30001f56b6d&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

If you enter Ireland from a red country example Turkey - and are vaccinated - do you still have to quarantine or show a PCR test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

If you enter Ireland from a red country example Turkey - and are vaccinated - do you still have to quarantine or show a PCR test ?

firstly, this would be written somewhere online

secondly, I cant be @rsed googling it, but from memory its a case that you escape the hotel BUT you need to quarantine at home instead.
    You'll also need a PCR test like every other passenger currently entering the state, but this would all be set out on a government website which explains the system

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭talulon

Just want to add some data regarding travelling to <INSERT_EU_COUNTRY_HERE> (in my case Spain). I've been travelling back and forth all year without problems using PCR but this last time I decided to try my luck using those green vaccination cards from HSE.

They were accepted both in Dublin by Ryanair stuff and Spanish authorities after landing, I also saw more people doing the same. (before any anti-travel fan says anything I also had my antigen tests ready to show)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

talulon wrote: »
    Just want to add some data regarding travelling to <INSERT_EU_COUNTRY_HERE> (in my case Spain). I've been travelling back and forth all year without problems using PCR but this last time I decided to try my luck using those green vaccination cards from HSE.

They were accepted both in Dublin by Ryanair stuff and Spanish authorities after landing, I also saw more people doing the same. (before any anti-travel fan says anything I also had my antigen tests ready to show)

The paper ones that are a bit cardboardy with the handwritten details of your vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭talulon

Stheno wrote: »
    The paper ones that are a bit cardboardy with the handwritten details of your vaccines?

The same sketchy cardboards yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

talulon wrote: »

As the DGC is not mandatory EU leaders agreed to accept each country’s local certificate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I was so concerned with getting in and avoiding mhq, now I am far more concerned with getting out for fear that other countries will redlist Ireland in a couple of weeks. The old pandemic merry-go-round.

They are accepting these in Dublin airport ? When was the last time you travelled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 karaoke

Accidental comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

When did hotels change to quarantine facilities?

If covid is here to stay, isn't it time they work on dedicated facilities for quarantining and isolation? Like they had for tuberculosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭gral6

I'd also included all the people infected with Covid in Ireland and their close contacts. They should ne isolated in MHQs for 2 weeks. They are driving our community transmition very high. Unfortunately, they'll have to pay for these quarantine facilities themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭gral6

Great, these MHQs proved again to be total failure,,

Gardaí have launched a major investigation after a female member of the Defence Forces was allegedly raped by a male colleague in a quarantine hotel facility.

The incident is alleged to have happened late on Monday night. Gardaí were alerted to the complaint in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yes because alleged rapes never happened before MHQ was in pace - what a ridiculous comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've stayed away from these coronavirus threads as they became quite heated but have to share this story.

Just picked up neighbours who had a week in the canaries. Two adults (both vacinated) two kids under 12, both had pcr tests.

Absolutely and I'm mean absolutely NO checks at Dublin Airport, Zer, Nada, Nothing.

Arrived in the canaries on a half empty flight.

Everything checked, certs, temperatures and PCR tests for children, infact, a doctor present and insisted she check (with parent present), Temperature, blood pressure etc of each child. When asked was the PCR tests not acceptable, she said she had no idea who the testing company was and they do additional testing regardless. Very pleasant and professional.

Before departure home, both children had a second PCR test in the canaries ( €89 per child), confirmed again at Spanish airport along with parents digital certs.

Arrive in Dublin, not a single check, question, how's your father.

I'm still in shock, spoke to another family I knew on the same flight and exactly the same experience.

WTF is going on, all the panic about certs and children having to be tested in advance, this is just shocking.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement