Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Same as some other folks - I'm now getting notifications for threads I have nothing to do with and have not bookmarked. I've not changed my Notification settings either so the failed My Forum fix last night looks like it's made things worse.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

@Boards.ie: Niamh

The same as others, I'm getting notifications from a thread I've had no interaction with whatsoever.

In old boards talk, the forum was a followed forum (Richersounds) before the migration and I had posted a thread in that forum sometime last year, but nothing since.

Me too and it's making the site unusable for me as I'm on my phone.

My main posting and browsing was done on the touch site so this is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Dropdown menus? Where are they?

Post counts don't have a format in the thousands. You get 21323 instead of 21,323.

Why all the wasted whitespace and yes, Dark mode would be handy.

Change the like to thanks, and have the people who thanked the post displayed like the last version.

Can't search my or anyone's post history.

How do you add a quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

it's odhran, and his stated goal is to scalp money from the userbase

how he's going to do that with no users is the mystery

tell you what does work, **** works

nice community forming there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Wasn't that what the last shut down for meant to do. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The notifications are a bug since the update, even if you set all your preferences to off you'll still get them.

Niamh is aware and is sorting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,821 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

A total, "duh" moment here.....

When I'm on the last post of a thread, if I scroll down past the Leave A Comment box, the menu containing bookmarks is right there 🙄

HTH anyone else who was driven demented with all the scrolling and clicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Was about to post on the Courier forum but there's no such option on many of the threads. No "Leave a Comment" and the threads are not locked or anything. Have I been banned or just a glitch?

Edit: Checked the whole Online buying & auctions -section and there are no new posts at all because all the threads seem to have no option to post in them. No "Leave a Comment" at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭archfi

Confirmed.

Can't bookmark, can't post, no quote button

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

@stronglikebull Thanks, I know it's a bug rather than user error on my end for that reason. Interestingly it's happening with the Richer Sounds forum just as it is with pleasant Co. Similarly, it's a long time since I posted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

this is beyond painful - posted here yday and now I can't find my post so can't see feedback - no times on the posts, can't search for it and its sooo slow - don't have the time to look - like a needle in a haystack... I give up

somebody over-promised on functionality for the new site and under-delivered. How long can boards.ie afford to bleed users.

If there is a contract with a vendor which needs to be voided before returning to the old platform then this thread is your justifcation to exit without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

"We're making improvements to the site, yaaaaay"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Somebody marked my empty post as spam. :(

Seriously. I didn’t make this empty post on purpose, and I couldn’t delete the flipping thing. Having been on boards in one form or another for over a decade, without a single infraction, warning, or ban, that is weirdly annoying.

Someone seems to be doing it to everyone. I had one flagged as both spam and abuse. Abuse FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭gipi

Thanks to the folks who replied to my comment (back on page 46 or thereabouts) regarding the categories. I'm now on PC, Chrome on Windows, and I'm still not seeing any categories, just the "something's gone wrong" page.

I've logged out and logged in again (and cleared cookies), but it didn't help.

Losing the will to live with this site now, to be honest.

Edit: The categories are displayed if I'm not logged in (just had a brainwave and tested it), but aren't displayed if I am logged in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭archfi

Yup, boards need to wipe them off users 'record' or 'reactions' or whatever they are now.

I think they've acknowledged counting flags against a user is dopey (at least I hope so)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭mossie

How can you actually follow a forum? I'm trying to follow a couple of forums I've followed before but can't see how to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Haha - ah Jaysus. Now my post about being marked as spam has been marked as spam! Ah, mild amusement to get through hump day I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Main issue for me is with search function. It wasn't great on old touch site to begin with, but it was usable and, on occasion, even useful. Now i cant find anything with it at all, it actually seems worse than useless unless i am missing something with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I have turned off all of the notification settings except for PMs and I'm still getting popup notifications about threads I have never interacted with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

2 weeks work. 2 weeks work it's taken and the site is still a virtually unusable mess. Someone, somewhere seriously dropped the ball with this one.

Whether it was Vanilla overselling what they could do or "Boards" not requiring testing prior to migration and go live, it doesn't matter, the whole thing has been an unmitigated disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭maik3n

Is the advanced reply option gone?

Are we really left with just using the post comment box on the bottom of each page?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

We'd all love to know what actually went wrong so we could endlessly discuss it - probably why will never know.

Wake me up when it's all over.

@Boards.ie: Niamh, I've just realised all my notifications are for the Talk to Boards forum - Feedback, Soccer Requests etc.

I've only bookmarked this thread in Feedback and don't get notifications for any of my other bookmarks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The date/times of posts under My Threads /Latest Posts are an hour off (maybe summer daylight time not taking effect?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm not sure you can follow a forum on the desktop site but you can on mobile - then that forum will appear in the Categories page both on desktop and mobile.

So on mobile I had to try and find the forum I want to follow then at the top of the page select it's parent category from the breadcrumbs. The page that lists your forum and any others doesn't quite fit on the screen so either pinch or swipe so you can see the cog wheel on the right hand side - tapping this gives you the option to Follow (or Unfollow).

Example - to follow the Nintendo forum I had to navigate to the Gaming Platforms page first then select the cog wheel on the right.

Now back on desktop (same on mobile) I can see Nintendo in the Categories list:

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement