Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

@thomil, nothin worse! Go for a coffee and get a little boost in!

Deskside - on the phone to revenue 😑

Gave up on getting back to sleep at 4:30 this morning and went for a walk at sunrise, a lovely start to the day. Now to hide from the sun for the day 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Does anyone else get shuddering on the site at times ? When I go to scroll up or down , it sometimes shudders as if it doesn't want to move .

Anyhow , birds happily feeding away in the yard , I'm inside looking out at them .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

@IamMetaldave A combination of coffee and music got the blue screen to mostly resolve itself. That new coffee machine is really coming in handy!

Not much happening at work, taking the time to do a little brain dump for my blog and also finish up my HR review for the first half of the year.

Oh, and I love that new Tagging function 🙃

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I had an awful night's sleep and I logged in to 90 notifications, and they keep coming thick and fast. 🙄😏

^Thomil and I today 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Advertisement

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

@Autosport uncover your eyes, you're double posting. 🤣

I only wish I was that slim in real life 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Calling around to a friends tonight...just an alleged random visit...but they have aircon. I might move in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, rotary fan on, toiling away...

In Facebook "jail" for two days for posting up an image on a Gay men's 40+ Group deemed to be "contrary to FB's community standards". 🤔 Saw nothing very revealing about it, but ho hum...

Got some sad news yesterday - my OH's brother in law (his older sister's husband) is now in the final stages of advanced liver cirrhosis from decades of being a "functioning" alcoholic. I don't think I ever remember meeting him without a glass of wine in his hand. My heart goes out to my OH's sister and their three adult children and I do feel very sorry for the brother in law - but he had been warned by doctors many times before about his drinking and chose to ignore them. Now, at 63 he has just a few short months to live. 😓

Making me thoughtful - as I am a recovering alcoholic myself, three years sober later this year and so grateful for my sobriety and my sanity.

• Advertisement

It would be rude to turn up without a few beers so will stop off in the local off-licence which has a walk in fridge. Will do lots of browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

That brought a memory of Crazy Prices, Dundrum...Didnt they avoid having a lot of fridges by having a room at fridge temperature that you walked thru and picked what ever chilled stuff you wanted.

( Also reminds me of a couple of jobs we did for cold stores. -25 dressed in a polar bear suit )

Before my time OD!!

But I do wish we had an Iceland store near us...they were always nipple hardeningly cold inside.

I remember the walk in storage freezers in my Centra days.... you'd come in with a hangover, take some home made sausage rolls from the cold store & walk into the freezer at about -20° and stay for about 20 minutes..... eat the rolls and kill the hangover 😂

@JupiterKid It's always sad to see someone slip away before their time, no matter the circumstances, especially when it happens in slow motion. I won't send hugs, that would just amount to cruel and unusual punishment in this weather, but I'm definitely thinking of you and your loved ones!

Deskside here, burning down the clock. Didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted, my mind just wasn't in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting in a side street close to the Spanish steps, cold beer or two, streets are quiet with some wearing masks.

Sorry to hear your news JK , it’s always sad no matter the reason ((hugs))

Double post earlier was due to the site telling me that my first post didn’t post, 😂😂

Omg

this new boards is killing me! Desktop is not so bad, but I use, or used to use the touch site all the time. It's very hard now.

cannot even catch up, what did I miss???

few days after my dog Alfie died, my old lad died, roaring alco, but only 64, waste of a life.........

Anyway, at least the weather is good! Reminds me of living in the Balkans, pray we don't also get the winters.........😂

Can we edit quotes?

I can't seem to.......

JK, I get what it's like......sad to see a life lost, but a life wasted also.....

I don't think we're able to edit quotes with this new system, bubbly. If it is, I've failed to find out how so far.

Sorry to hear about your old man. I know that feeling better than I'd like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

So sorry to hear that, Bubbly. I really am.

Ah tis ok really, am actually far more upset about my dog, which is very teling!

when will this site be easier to use.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I get that too, Bubbly.

I hope you're coming to terms with the loss of Alfie, Bubbly. I'm sorry to hear about your dad too, feelings can be complicated and unexpected grief can arrive without warning so take care of yourself.

Have ye all learnt how to use the new site?

I'm finding it hard, too hard to find threads with unread posts etc...

I'm so not IT with it.....

I think the new site in the mobile is not user friendly, I mainly use it on my phone, I tend to just leave the site on this page and then when I revisit it tells me if there’s any new posts.

sorry to hear your news Bubbly ((hugs))

There's a very long feedback thread but kaiser quoted a post on the current last page that allows you to get my forums back.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Night owl gal

Home from a day out in Cork, we were celebrating my Mom's 60th birthday 😀 she had a good day, nice to see my sis as well (she's back in Ireland for a while). It is heartbreaking to see a further deterioration in my Granny though ☹️

Now couchside, exhausted

Getting used to the new site

Post edited by Night owl gal on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bed , Netflix - Heist the viewing/listening choice tonight . Night folks .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@bubblypop I'm sorry you're having a tough time lately. Two shocks close together is a blow. Please be gentle with yourself.

Most people I have seen posting are dissatisfied with the new site, myself included. I find it very frustrating and as a result am not clicking in as often. This is my favourite thread and I'd hate to lose the connection but right now, it doesn't feel familiar anymore.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement