Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - Online check in unavailable

Options
  • 21-07-2021 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭

I tried to check in online this morning when the 30 hour window for my flight to Faro tomorrow opened. I keep getting a message saying online check in is unavailable. Should I be worried, or does it just mean I will have to check in at the airport?

Also, I was planning to fill in the Passenger Locator Form as soon as I had our seat numbers. It wont let me leave the seat number blank. Should I just fill in 2 random seat numbers?

I tried calling Aer Lingus, but I’ve been on hold for almost 30 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Decided to fill in the Passenger Locator Form while waiting. I put in today's date by mistake. I presume I can just resubmit with tomorrow's date? Or do I need to notify someone of the mistake?

I remained on hold for an hour before hanging up. I hope there's no problem with my flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Have you completed the advanced passenger information required for Portugal? This will not work if you use a passport card (they say it won't)

Do you have any children under 3 on the booking? Then cannot check in online

Did you buy the tickets from anyone other than Aer Lingus (Travel Agent, frequent flyer miles, another airline)

If you booking is showing on the website, just go to the airport as normal

Thanks for your response.

Yes, we’ve completed the Passenger Information forms and have received confirmatory emails. We’ve printed off hard copies as backup.

It’s just my wife and I travelling and we are both fully vaccinated. We have our EU digital COVID certs on our phones with hard copies as back up.

Our flights are ‘free’ flights (taxes and charges only) booked through the Aer Club rewards system (based on having spent the required amount on our Aer credit cards). The flights were originally booked for May 2020, then subsequently changed a couple of times. The original flights and the changes had to be applied for by email rather than booked online. I wonder if this is the reason why we can’t check in online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Yup, thats the reason, not sold via the Aer Lingus website so online check in can be a struggle

• Advertisement

In the airport now. Relatively hassle free check in and bag drop process - all automated. We got through security pretty quickly and are now enjoying sandwiches and wine in an almost deserted T1 Airport Lounge.

Advertisement