Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We landed on Mars... again? [Mod note post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Are you a space fan too, yes? There are so many space fans in the conspiracy forum that people don't seem to realise that it isn't "Astronomy, Space & Astrophotography" forum

Unfortunately for you, bashing the ridiculousness of "space travel" is allowed here, much to the chagrin of all the space fans that seem to frequent these threads. Must be because 99% of space anything is horrifically boring!

However, I have to admit that this Branson, Bezos, Musk war is giving me a good laugh, how people believe they are going to space is beyond me.😆

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But again, you're not really bashing anything. Nor have you actually explained why you believe space travel is ridiculous.

You've only shown that you're not able to answer any questions or state any of your beliefs directly.

So either you are a very dishonest person or a very poor troll.

If you were a troll, you'd have so much more fun leaning into the flat earther thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Do you believe that Branson got into a rocket plane? Where did that rocket plane then go?

What exactly is it that you think Branson did, or didn't, do?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Some more fantastic CGI as Bezos went into space and back again

I sit here with tears streaming down my face. In the space of one fortnight I have witnessed, not zero, not one but two, yes you heard it, two monumental events in human history. In 100 years time people will not be discussing the moon landing, or the Mars rovers reaching Mars. No, they will be discussing the two most important events in space flight history - the Space flight of Branson and the space flight of Bezos. What a coincidence they both happened within two weeks.

I think it's truly amazon what Bezos has achieved today. From the moment he set foot inside the Rivian Electric Standard Utility Vehicle with it's 300+ mile range, 14 inches of ground clearance, it's 3 second 0-60MPH and carbon fibre frame, I knew he was destined for greatness.

As expected, everything was nominal from start to finish. We saw Bezos exceed Branson's achievement last week by both reaching that magical boundary where we go from having full gravity to absolutely no gravity at all at around 220,000 feet, and also passing out the Karman line to rapturous applause from all involved.

It truly was a magical experience. I can't wait for them to show us the retrospective footage from inside the capsule, which for some reason they didn't show live. I will expect to see our, now newly crowned, astronauts floating around without a care in the world just like Branson did last week.

I hope you all managed to watch it live like I did. It was worth taking the day off work like most people in the country did. Why not for such a monumentous occasion?

Link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYsol0Uzv8g&ab_channel=TheTelegraph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Would it be OK with you if I don't hold my breath for this one?

Apart from your personal bitter disbelief and scoffing at the event, it happened, they flew to the edge of space, and returned.

Unless you can explain otherwise..

I don't think you can. CGI? shot in a studio? we've all living in a simulation? you simply can't demonstrate it in any coherent way. All you can do is put on this feigned act. The problem is, this is going to keep happening, this is the beginning of space tourism, these aren't one-offs. So for the handful of people who think the entire space program is faked and those who believe the world is flat - it's going to be a challenging time. Maybe they were wrong all along? Nah, it's the world and science that's wrong

They finally revealed the cabin footage showing the few minutes the newly crowned astronauts spent outside the boundary of where the gravity is:

Look at these complete and utter clowns! 😆

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpiBhOQrtPo

• Advertisement

They are space tourists, of course they are having a great time up there, that's what they went for. Also note the curvature of the Earth in the background across multiple windows, flat-earthers must be scratching their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But again, you don't seem to know how gravity works.

They are not floating because they "Are outside the boundary of where gravity is". No one claims that. That's not how gravity works. This is something you and you alone are claiming because either:

1. You are a very dishonest person and are deliberately misrepresenting things.
    2. You don't know how physics works.
    3. You have trouble understanding English and misunderstood something someone said.

They are floating for the same reason people do in the ISS and on Branson's flight. They are floating because they are in free fall.

Why haven't you answered any posts?

Why keep link dumping this stuff and then running away?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's not about what didn't happen, it's about what did happen and when, which go completely against NASA's imaginary orbital physics and more importantly the real laws of physics (The plot-holes are layering on top of each other for every billionaire that wants to go to space! 😄)

Here's a schematic that shows the timeline:

The red arrow pointing to where they claim "zero-gravity" starts. Despite the fact that "zero-gravity" is an impossibility at this altitude. NASA claim that "Zero-G" is simulated on the ISS and occurs because it travels at 27,576 Km/h at an altitude of 408Km (hence in "orbit")

As with the Branson flight, people who deny that it is faked, make preposterous excuses like "They are falling towards the earth" similar to parabolic flights... please...

This is blatantly disproven by the Bezos footage where they claim they have reached "Zero-g" despite the fact that they are still travelling upwards at speeds exceeding 1000mph LOL 😆

The fact that there are people in this thread defending this stinking fish story just shows what really keeps the deception alive!

So either NASA/spacex/ESA/other governmental space agencies are lying frauds or Branson and/or Bezos are lying frauds. Take your pick! 😂

Read this, it simplifies how it's achieved, if you can't understand this then I guess there is no talking to you.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wired.com/2016/02/the-physics-of-ok-gos-epic-new-zero-g-video/amp

You claim these flights were faked yet cannot produce a single shred of evidence to prove your point, meanwhile many millions watched it live on T.V but apparently that's not enough proof for you.

The Donning-Krueger is strong here.

Momentary weightlessness is possible on a rollercoaster, you realise that correct? Likewise, as discussed, parabolic flights allow longer periods of weightlessness. This is an extension of the same principles. Your entire argument is "I don't get it, therefore it's all fake". With no evidence of the "fakery" you claim is present.

It requires a remarkable level of narcissism for an internet layperson to genuinely believe they know as much or more than the world's astro-physicists and rocket scientists. Yet here we are. Not only that but you think all the evidence you require is your own (very) limited understanding of the subject, with dollops of incredulity piled on. This is something that is very common among people with extreme beliefs. Highly uninformed on the subject combined with an egotistical view that the world revolves around that limited understanding of the subject.

Is this a joke? You clearly didn't even read my post! 😆

Sometimes I wonder if boards has bot accounts... 😔

You didn't read my post either!

No wonder nobody comes to the conspiracy forum anymore - it's filled with auto-posting bots!

No, you're wrong...I did read it. After I stopped laughing I replied with a simplified post in the vain hope that maybe you would be able to understand why you are making a show of yourself.

Obviously it wasn't simplified enough, you have my pity.

I did read your post. You think that because something is going "1000 mph" that it's accelerating. At separation the craft is not accelerating, it's deaccelerating. Watch the launch again, pay attention to the speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyRKGjVEo0M

It's clear you have no understanding of what's happening, and because you can't understand it, you've decided that all space travel is "fake".

• Advertisement

I addressed in the post clearly using supporting evidence how it is a physical impossibility that they used a zero-g simulation in their "space flight". You completely ignored this and linked me to an article on what parabolic flights are!

Regardless of this, they state absolutely nowhere that they are "simulating" zero-g therefore you are accusing them of lying. You think they are lying despite the fact that hundreds and thousands of people would need to keep it a secret?

It's clear who needs to wear the tin-foil hat here Lol! 😆

Your incredulity and lack of understanding are not evidence that the entire space program is "faked".

Asking for the 4th or 5th time, do you believe the Earth is not a globe?

I'll go to Aldi tomorrow, I believe they have some crayons on sale.

Stumped!

I can't believe we've gone full circle and now it's you who are trying to persuade me how they are faking the footage! 😆

Why are you ignoring everyone's questions here?

do they really think that 1000MPH is a measure of acceleration? say it aint so.

One word, five letters, I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

CNN Business - Liars?

Space.com - Liars?

Gadgets360 - Liars?

The Verge - Liars?

CBSNews - Liars?

So many liars according to the people in this thread 😉

Again, why are you avoiding straightforward questions, you wrote in a previous thread that you liked to address questions - but you've done nothing but avoid them like the plague.

Do you believe satellites are orbiting our planet?

Do you believe all 6 moon landings were fake?

How does GPS work according to you?

and so on

• Advertisement

Do they really think that deceleration upwards is the same as acceleration downwards? say it aint so

Advertisement