Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I replayed this again last week because I was off work and I wanted to do a NetRunner build.

Firstly, I enjoyed the NetRunner playthrough a lot more than my initial shooty shooty build. Walking into a zone, doing a breach protocol and then using contagion to wipe out the area was gas, if a little overpowered near the end.

Secondly, the game still is crazy buggy. I was hoping that they'd fix some of the issues in the time since my initial playthrough but it still crashed at least once every 4 hours or so which was really annoying. There seemed to be a lot more random street NPC's popping up out of nowhere this time around also. I wonder if this was a deliberate decision to lower strain on the base PS4 perhaps?

Anyways, definitely a flawed game but I'd be lying if I said I didn't really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Game will be back on PlayStation Store on 21st June.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    Game will be back on PlayStation Store on 21st June.

I read there will be a description recommended to play on PS4 or PS4 Pro. I wonder if MS tried to acquire CDPR as an XBox studio over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I read there will be a description recommended to play on PS4 or PS4 Pro. I wonder if MS tried to acquire CDPR as an XBox studio over this.

This is the description
    Here is Sony's full statement on Cyberpunk 2077's return below:

"SIE can confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 will be re-listed on PlayStation Store starting June 21, 2021. Users will continue to experience performance issues with the PS4 edition while CD Projekt Red continues to improve stability across all platforms. SIE recommends playing the title on PS4 Pro or PS5 for the best experience."

I can't see MS or even Sony try to acquire CDPR after all the bad press from Cyberpunk.

Still haven't played it but will probably wait for it to go on sale or just wait for the PS5 version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I can't see MS or even Sony try to acquire CDPR after all the bad press from Cyberpunk.

If they wanted to try, now would be the time.

People's memories are short, they put up a Witcher 4 logo and you will see public opinion slowly change. Especially if they said "Coming: When it's ready" fanboys will read into it and be like, "They learned from their mistakes! All is forgiven"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is the description

Still haven't played it but will probably wait for it to go on sale or just wait for the PS5 version

My PS5 crash log is mostly from November and December with Cyperpunk taking up half of it. Would get 30-60 minutes play time before the system would crash but i was never bothered with starting it up again. After a week of than, i uninstalled it. Was gonna try it with the 2 big patches they promised but don't think the 2nd one released yet, the whole ransom thing couldn't have helped matters. At this stage, I'm just gonna wait for the next gen upgrade. I saw some PC gameplay that looked so much better than my PS5 gameplay, by then there should be some nice QOL additions as well so just gonna wait it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finally started this again, after having issues at launch. Runs much better now, and enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

3.6gb patch out on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I hope not. Really bad for the world to have the Yanks hoovering up independent, especially foreingn, game developers. It's a problem in many other arenas too, with US companies buying up startups to stifle competition or to make disruptive stuff go away before it has a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I feel I won't be reinstalling anytime soon unless we get some dlc.

Enjoyed it but not sure its worth replaying without any new content

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

EoinHef wrote: »
    I feel I won't be reinstalling anytime soon unless we get some dlc.

Enjoyed it but not sure its worth replaying without any new content

Ya id be in a similar boat I finished it ages ago was happy with it didn't have many technical issues but don't really feel that bothered to go back unless there's something amazing added to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm glad I held off on playing it. I still haven't and probably won't until next year at this stage even though I'm dying to play it.

I absolutely love open world games but I knew there'd be no point touching this anywhere close to release. Some of the best in the genre were a disaster at launch as well -Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 76, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

my new vegas save failed around 8 hours in and I never returned

I already know the story and endings so I'll probably never play it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I see this is 33% off on sale over at GOG, you guys reckon its worth €39.99 in its present state.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

On PC yes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I already know the story and endings so I'll probably never play it.

That makes no sense but ok.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That makes no sense but ok.

The game is story based. Let me know if you need more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Anyone have this on PS5? As its back in the store, it's showing in my wishlist again and the temptation is strong. I've somehow avoided nearly everything to do with this to try and keep it new, and there's no confirmation of when the proper 5 version is out. But if there's still issues, I'll hold on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone have this on PS5? As its back in the store, it's showing in my wishlist again and the temptation is strong. I've somehow avoided nearly everything to do with this to try and keep it new, and there's no confirmation of when the proper 5 version is out. But if there's still issues, I'll hold on.

The last time I properly played I was getting crashes every hour or so, but that was a good few months back. I think that issue has been patched by now because the last time I played it I had no crashes. Besides that I don’t think I’ve had any other issues with the game, it plays grand on the PS5 ( for me anyway) I think it’s very hit and miss with some people regarding bugs and glitches.

Afaik the PS5 patch is coming towards the end of the year so I’ll prob hold off until then to finish the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'm giving this another play. Just to see if there were the any side quests I missed. I actually elected to miss out on certain large parts as well. I gave the nomad lady's later missions a pass as I was not that enamored with her nor the emptiness of the 'west'. I gave the car missions the bar lady tries to set you up with a miss as I'm just not a car racing type of chap. And finally, I avoided the Kerry Eurodine missions as I just did not know what to expect. What out of those 3 should I do?

I was going to wait for patch 1.3v before playing it on the PC. I am not much of a gamer - and even less into replaying games I have already finished. So I did not want to start this one until I was sure I could play it through and not regret it.

But I see that the planned patch 1.3 has been pushed out in favor of a 1.23 patch? Is it still worth waiting or would anyone who has finished it on PC recommend starting with 1.23 on PC platform?

I also heard patches have actually removed some game content? How true is that? Missing content - or bugs stopping missions being playable or completeable - are what I most want to avoid.

A guy on reddit reakons the big patch could only be a week away from looking at Steams testing scedule. I say go for it now though. What happens if the patch breaks something? how long with you be waiting then? Meh, not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Can only say from as far as I've played through, but Panam has some great missions. River Ward's story is brilliant gritty detective stuff as well if you are interested in that. Haven't met Kerry yet.

Ah I did like the earlier Panam missions, in fact resuing Panams pal was probably the most memororble in the game for me. i just started to wonder what I was doing in the desert later on. River Ward mission was good. I particularly liked the start of it where we visit the lab and go through the in's and out's of getting the killers memories from his brian. Was there anything after dinner with his wife? I felt it was all going downhill for River and I ran from the dinner invitation.

Anyone come accross a Mike Pondsmith interview yet on his thoughts on the game? Understandable he went quiet straight after release. It's about time now though. I'd love to hear his views and he must be dieing to have a yap.

You definitely need to finish the River Ward story, did you do the barn? The Peralez side quests are pretty cool as well.

Oh I did the barn. I just skiped out on dinner with him and his wife. I might have skipped out of the Peralez side missions, in fact I'm nearly sure I did. That's something for me to look at again.

• Advertisement

You didn't miss much by skipping the dinner but it was a nice closure to the story all the same. What build are you running for your character? I started off trying to be a run and gun type but invested a good bit of time in the Quickhack/Intelligence tree, can nearly take out an entire building of guys now without even stepping foot in the place 😂

Advertisement