Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE olympic coverage

• 21-07-2021 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

As can be seen RTE already has three reporters in Tokyo.

Will these games be followed by another poor mouth from the authority requesting a license fee increase ?

How many more are due, before we have a repeat of Rio where it descended to one reporter interviewing a colleague.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Are there any decent online feeds that can be watched in Ireland? have found loads of countries with great offerings except poxy Ireland and can't figure out how to have something on a second monitor while working? Would even do a monthly subscription to something if it had non-stop coverage somewhere

Jaysus you're really milking the auld rte bashing if this is what you are going for

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Just trying to highlight the "Junket mentality" at the taxpayers expense.

So who is on a junket? Details please. Like actual honest details that can be verified and not just your opinion.

or are you making this up as you go hoping others will hop on your outrage train?

Check out Eurosport as I know they’re covering the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭Big Ears

If you're into swimming the RTE coverage will seem brilliant. They'll show little else in the first week of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Have you a better option OP ?

You might like to watch some syndicated viewing but personally, and I'd imagine that are are plenty more like me, I like to keep track of how Irish athletes are doing in all sports, what time they're on, updates on their progress etc. You're not going to get that detail on a syndicated stream where the only interviews are going to be of the top athletes and high profile sports.

Plenty to complain about with RTE but for me sending reporters to the Olympics is down at the bottom of that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

You don't have to watch RTE, Go watch BBC only covering the Brits you never know, some times they think the Irish are their own and will cover one or two of them.

Eurosport will have all the streams available so loads of options.

Having them all back in Dublin talking about the sports is a bit pointless, Id rather they sent out someone to get the news on the ground of the main sports. I'm sure they haven't sent someone to cover the skateboarding or surfing for instence.

So what is it OP, Watch on RTE or are you going to watch on other channels? The choice is in your hands.

Advertisement