Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

smacl wrote: »
    A got a shout from someone overtaking me as I was crossing over onto the dirt track, yourself maybe?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

557246.jpg

A gravel road leading to the Knockanafrin ridge

557247.jpg

Sun on Golden Vale about 6 mins from sunset, it looked way fcuking better if you were there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Sun on Golden Vale about 6 mins from sunset, it looked way fcuking better if you were there!

lovely telegraph pole

benwisken last sunday morning

557257.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I5eeU1UFgoe6JwsWw9atwgTKkdu7jeW1mnfG9XoMpP8-1536x2048.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Dcully wrote: »
    I5eeU1UFgoe6JwsWw9atwgTKkdu7jeW1mnfG9XoMpP8-1536x2048.jpg

Mount Lucas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@ cletus yeah mount lucas

Name the village without searching.

Photos seem easy to add at least

Family of swans I spotted in the Boyne this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Haven't a clue where that is but I'm more intrigued with the ladder bench yoke on the cherry picker platform. Seems to defeat the purpose. I could understand it if it was at its max height. Perhaps he doesn't know how to raise it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Castle Roche outside Dundalk. I'm 200 km into a 300km cycle following the boundary of The Pale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Gold Coast on the Waterford Greenway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Taken at one of the few level spots on an unnamed severe climb to Knockanroe carpark before dropping down to Silvermines in West Tipperary.

Loading photos seems so straightforward now using the Upload Image button 😊

Can't seem to be able to Quote previous posts but that mystery village probably isn't far from the Commeraghs. I came across the Liam Lynch memorial that features in the mural at the end of a great day's hiking. Ardfinnan was one of the local towns.

Wrong mountain range, you were in the Knockmealdowns.

The Comeraghs are close by alright. In fact Lynch's last meeting as commander was in the Comeraghs, in a high up cottage in the Nire Valley.

Newcastle is the village. Just out of shot is the pub where Lynch was brought to after being shot and before the journey to Clonmel hospital.

He was one hawkish man at the end, and was the main stumbling block to a ceasefire.

A local well known politician ended up in trouble following a fracas outside the same pub about 20 years ago which had civil war links

Had meant to say the Knockmealdowns alright. Looked up Newcastle on Google maps and Clashganny also appears as the placename. Is this a typo or does it have two names?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

Toe Head West Cork. Viewed from Sandy Cove. Days like these swimming beats cycling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Few photos from today. Everything just looks so good in the bright sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^ and where be that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Lough Brin in kerry yesterday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Apologies for the late reply, they were taken going over sally gap towards roundwood, and also around the Vartry reservoir outside roundwood.

• Advertisement

^ Lovely Cube, love the attention to detail with the bottles and cages matching the rest of the bike!!!!! That's my OCD in check for the night 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

Sunny south east at the weekend.

Probably the best part of our trip to the Mournes yesterday was this road from the coast heading up to the Silent Valley reservoir. It followed the worst part from Newcastle along the busy coast road to the turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Priest's Leap from the Cork side. Awful going up... awful going down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

taken in what i believe Mercian Pro calls happy valley between the naul and stamullen.

Post edited by magicbastarder on

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RunDMC

Barrow Way.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thought id spin up the hill behind the house in the vain hope it would be cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

Did that last Sept for the first time. Back wheel slipped a few times as road was damp. Great fun when clipped in. Also met a car or two on steep ascent with drop off to side. Thankfully they weren’t impatient and took it easy passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Passage East, Waterford

• Advertisement

I don't recognise the stone wall mb. The Happy Valley is the middle section of the L5085 along the Delvin River and runs on the Meath side of the county boundary.

Advertisement