Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon bike brakes

• 21-07-2021 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

Just bought my son a new bike in decathlon and noticed that the rear brake is on the right rather than left. Is that wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭cletus

Often French and American bikes (and possibly others) have this configuration

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I've 2 cubes, both like that too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

As above. Had 2 Treks .Both had the Rear Brake on the right. I swapped mine over as I'm just too long in the tooth to learn new tricks.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks for that. I've no idea how to swap them so we'll have to suck it up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ring decathlon and ask them to change it maybe? it can be dangerous if you're not used to that configuration.

• Advertisement

Yeah if you aren't confident to do it yourself get the shop to do it, last bike I bought in a shop here did it for me and even pointed it out to me before I bought it. It is dangerous, I borrowed a french housemates bike years ago when mine was in Joe Daly's for a service and nearly did myself in not 50 meters from the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Decathlon bikes come from France. They'll change it over for you. Ring them in advance though. You'll have to bring it to the workshop in Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I had a few squeaky bum moments over the years locking up the rear wheel on technical descents on hired bikes.

Advertisement