Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt to replace Direct Provision with protection system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The slides simply do not mention speeding up processing times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these slides seem to assume that the AS are genuine?

Whereas we all know they are bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Geuze wrote: »
    Here is some more data on the planned end of DP:

It's a presentation from the central Govt to local cllrs:

http://ailg.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/AILG-Housing-Agency-Presentation-25062022-.pdf

See slide 36 onwards.

The AHB is just another body that is funded by the state for the purpose of saying its separate from social the housing fund . What amount are NGO's contributing to housing ? The processing times will not change and its likely to cost more in the long term and effect housing for Irish citizens .

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

There is one African family in Dublin a member of which caused criminal havoc recently. The response of the family- organised protests and a baying mob to shout racist slurs at shoppers in the supermarket he committed his crime in. Brother drives around uninsured. Family attacked gardai who went to arrest him. This family will cost the taxpayer a huge amount by the time investigations play out. Now there’s a family ripe for deportation. The response from the authorities. Move them to a better house.

When the sister was on the radio being interviewed at a protest outside the house in Clonee he died at, a neighbour started heckilng, asking what she was doing there, that she no longer lives there.

The sister replied that she does still live there.

It leads me to think that the powers that be on Fingal council have decided to have these clowns living between two houses.

For a laugh I do keep an eye on the Twitter accounts of one or two white guilt types from D15 who seem to have taken this whole incident very personally. Imagine your life reaching such a point of failure that your primary interests in life is advocating for the rights of a bunch of foreign neer do wells who don't even respect you.

I saw one trans whathaveyou chap posting from the protest at the RDS. Do these people ever stop to think exactly what opinion Nigerian Christians hold about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

When the sister was on the radio being interviewed at a protest outside the house in Clonee he died at, a neighbour started heckilng, asking what she was doing there, that she no longer lives there.

The sister replied that she does still live there.

It leads me to think that the powers that be on Fingal council have decided to have these clowns living between two houses.

For a laugh I do keep an eye on the Twitter accounts of one or two white guilt types from D15 who seem to have taken this whole incident very personally. Imagine your life reaching such a point of failure that your primary interests in life is advocating for the rights of a bunch of foreign neer do wells who don't even respect you.

I saw one trans whathaveyou chap posting from the protest at the RDS. Do these people ever stop to think exactly what opinion Nigerian Christians hold about them?

So why won't you side with these Nigerian Christians you seem to've an issue with esp. as you align yourself, clearly, with opposition to Trans Rights; you do know, on that issue, you're on the same side right?

It's like the abortion question; during Repeal there were a lot of hypocritical Irish Catholics; hating Muslims on one hand, sharing their views on opposition to abortion on the other.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    So why won't you side with these Nigerian Christians you seem to've an issue with esp. as you align yourself, clearly, with opposition to Trans Rights; you do know, on that issue, you're on the same side right?

It's like the abortion question; during Repeal there were a lot of hypocritical Irish Catholics; hating Muslims on one hand, sharing their views on opposition to abortion on the other.

I'm sorry, that's just a mishmash of words. I can find nothing of coherence in there.

In short- I think it's quite funny that a transexual goes to a protest demanding "justice" for a fella who in all likelihood thought transexuals were an odd bunch.

That lad Panti shared the video of the family abusing Gardai in Hollystown. I've never drank in his bar, but I do wonder if these lads showed up in their North Face trackies would they be allowed enter by the doormen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

This has gone very quiet!!!

Is there any feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Gabrielius Landsbergis, Minister of Foreign Affairs, tweeted that Lithuanian gov’t declared state of emergency after
    150 illegal migrants crossed into LT from Belarus and are now housed in tents.

Different countries react differently and solves the housing differently.

https:// twitter. com/GLandsbergis/status/1411031441291550721?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

Willie O'Dea answered me back. It sounds like he's not impressed by the asylum seeker situation either. It's interesting when members of a governing party feel this way. I'd say a lot of td's are hearing all about it from voters. Everyone I know is very unimpressed with the whole situation

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I don't understand why the government wants more asylum seekers to come when we haven't the services and infrastructure for the existing population. It makes zero sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mules wrote: »
    I don't understand why the government wants more asylum seekers to come when we haven't the services and infrastructure for the existing population. It makes zero sense to me

Because many of the same politicians have cushy jobs in Europe in mind when domestic politics looses its appeal or (more accurately) they know they'll fail to be reelected.

On top of that is a very real need for many people in Ireland for approval and validation, and to be seen to be on the "right" side of an issue by our perceived betters (which is also why we absorb the very worst of social media identity politics and crusading like a sponge in this country).

The EU as an organisation doesn't like nationalism or too much independence (witness how some of the Eastern European countries are treated, or even ourselves and Greece when we were effectively blackmailed into accepting the bailout), and it still harbours notions of a federal superstate where national borders mean little to nothing in the longer term. The late Peter Sutherland was a big supporter of this idea, and who was one of HIS biggest supporters? Simon Coveney! Yep, the same Simon Coveney who plans to massively increase the population by 2040 through increased immigration.

Of course, it's not politically correct to even ask any questions about all this, let alone voice any concerns or god forbid an actual objection, but our inability to have a real national debate on the future of this country is something that those of us who'll have to deal with the consequences will very much regret in not even a few decades time.

• Advertisement

Money, power, virtue signaling, advancing career prospects both now and in the future both within Irish and European political circles or private business and NGO's.

There's a reason we don't deport thousands of failed asylum seekers, it would damage the interests of those involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Best to wait until the whole thing crashes and burns when it proves to be unworkable.

Lets see them talk their way out of that.

Best to wait until the whole thing crashes and burns when it proves to be unworkable.

Lets see them talk their way out of that.

Why do people think the government/political parties will be held accountable? They're not. The Banking crash and all the crap that went along with it... and how many heads rolled? We had expensive tribunals and various investigations to understand how inept and corrupt the whole time leading up to and during the crash, and... nothing.

The politicians, and public servants who push these initiatives are not going to be punished when this goes sideways, beyond a slap on the wrist, if that. There's not going to be any heads chopped. A party might lose popularity for a few years, but they'll be back because the electorate forgives and forgets quite quickly. They know this.

It's not like we had an honest homegrown media to pin them down, and ask the hard questions, demanding answers. Nah. It'll be swept under the carpet, the far right will be blamed, and most Irish will knuckle down under the increased taxes, because there's no other option. And the public will be guilted into believing themselves to be responsible for all the migrants here, and those to come later, because we have it so good. Yup.

Essentially we're screwed until there's enough anger to form alternative parties, with solid support, and genuine long-term interest in bringing about political change. The current system is designed to protect the politicians and public servants, and to have the electorate pay the bill. It's totally messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Willie O'Dea answered me back. It sounds like he's not impressed by the asylum seeker situation either. It's interesting when members of a governing party feel this way. I'd say a lot of td's are hearing all about it from voters. Everyone I know is very unimpressed with the whole situation

You are so wrong about TDs hearing about it. Those people who as you say are “unimpressed” are silent. That is why if you feel like this you MUST write to all your TDs.

TDs and Ministers are only hearing from a very vocal NGO / do gooder cohort.

If you are unimpressed start emailing - NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Pronto63 wrote: »
    You are so wrong about TDs hearing about it. Those people who as you say are “unimpressed” are silent. That is why if you feel like this you MUST write to all your TDs.

TDs and Ministers are only hearing from a very vocal NGO / do gooder cohort.

If you are unimpressed start emailing - NOW!

I have a laser printer, two reams of A4 paper, and dozens of stamps.

I have free time on Thursday.

Should I use post or e-mail?

There are asylum seekers living in their own door accommodation in my small home town.
    No issues at all.
    Everyone gets on fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bubblypop wrote: »
    There are asylum seekers living in their own door accommodation in my small home town.
    No issues at all.
    Everyone gets on fine.

Who's paying for that

Who's paying for that

Who do you think?
    Do you believe there shouldn't be any refugees or asylum seekers here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Genuine asylum seekers are what the system was supposed to accommodate .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Do you believe people who don't have a credible claim to asylum should be swiftly shown the door? I do. Do you honestly believe that's what happens in this country? Is our capacity to absorb everyone who claims to be in need of refugee status unlimited?

• Advertisement

Why can't they change the bit where AS can appeal decisions multiple times in the courts at taxpayers expense?

Personally I don't think they should have any right to appeal, once a decision is reached send them back but the Government are too soft to agree to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Scheme to regularise undocumented migrants may open in November

"It is understood Department of Justice officials are currently examining if undocumented migrants subject to deportation orders will be eligible to apply for the new scheme.

There is a push from some quarters internally to allow migrants who “ran out of road” applying for asylum protection to be eligible for the scheme, one source said."

Note the use of the American euphemism, "undocumented migrants."

A push from some quarters internally? What are these quarters internally? Who voted for these people making this push? One source? Who is this source? How are any of these vague insinuations about sources and quarters internally to be believed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Didn't we have one of these regularisation schemes recently? What's the point if we're not going to draw a line under it after a regularisation programme and start enforcing immigration laws?

It looks like these will be a regular feature of immigration in Ireland, and the penny has already dropped, these will act as a massive 'pull factor' for people seeking to migrate here without the proper permissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

It's a bit worrying to think there will be a pull factor which will put more demand on the already under-resourced housing situation, GPs, hospitals & schools. If we stopped or reduced the foreign aid budget that might help a bit but I think I read that will be increased. Probably more taxes on the way to pay for all of this so nothing new there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

"Regularisation" is another euphemism, implying that upholding immigration law leads to irregularity.

Coveney really is an arch globalist, an absolute reptile of a man. I have little doubt he regards his nationality as European, his Irish identity goes no further than cheering on the goys in the eggball at Landsdowne or Twickenham.

His attendance at Bilderberg and his strong opposition to hotel quarantine says a lot about the man and his motives.

Just when you think they won't make any more stupid decisions they come up with a hair brained idea like including those up for deportation which no doubt they will decide to go ahead with.

We do nothing to dispel the idea that we are a soft mark when it comes to controling who comes through our borders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

So it could end up that it doesn't even matter who you are or where you come from? Just say asylum and say no documents, apply for the scheme and drag it out 4 months and you've a new gaff, free money in the pocket and away you go.

They really can't be that **** thick.

Advertisement