Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin marathon 2020

• 10-06-2020 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

What do people reckon will happen with the Berlin marathon? Will it be cancelled until same time 2021 or could it be in January or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Would love to be able to answer you, but unfortunately I don't think anyone knows.
    I think we'd all like something 'definitive' at this point - but thats not going to happen for a while.

Back to uncertainty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

I see the Ballot and fast runners registration open for Sept 2021.

Anyone taking a chance that we will have some chance of travelling at this stage and entering?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

bigslice wrote: »

Anyone taking a chance that we will have some chance of travelling at this stage and entering?
    Entered it earlier, hoping by then we will becoming out of all this. If I don't get a place we will hopefully have Dublin followed by Paris the spring after. Fingers crossed.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

bigslice wrote: »

I've entered also. I think I read that 80% of the field will be transfers from 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Didn't get it, just got the email, got it first year and couldn't go due to a family emergency, that's twice now after not getting it, a little gutted, one day..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭event

DIdnt get it either

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭6run28

Didn't get in either..wasn't holding out much hope to be honest with every race in 2021 filled with transfers from 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I am in.

Haven’t had any email yet - good or bad.

I’m in. Please be kind 2021!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

I'm in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

1000 charity places open for Berlin on Wednesday 27th at 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    1000 charity places open for Berlin on Wednesday 27th at 11am.

A different year maybe, but can't see the traveling part of this being easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭tmh106

What do people reckon the chances of Berlin going ahead in 2021?

tmh106 wrote: »

Hard to call,if vaccinations go as planned I can see it going ahead but this whole AZ sh17show has it up in the air. Germany seeing an increase in cases at the moment.
    Have a hotel booked with free cancellation but not booking flights until confidence is a bit higher.
    Would say Berlin and London have better chance of going ahead than Dublin tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I'm not very hopeful, I could see it going ahead is some form but not mass participation.

I'm thinking of signing up for Istanbul, it's on the 7th of November, which even went ahead this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Even if these Autumn marathons go ahead, the mob is determined to extend hotel quarantine for all travellers so it could rule out any travel for any reason for some time yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I have heard it is planned to go ahead but a vaccination and clear PCR test within either 48 or 72 hours of the event will be a requirement. Understandably the expo will be knocked on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

This is looking a bit more hopeful now given the current vaccine rollout, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Wexford1996

Anyone else planning to travel for this? Have an entry but havn't booked anything yet.

• Advertisement

Have refundable hotel booked but not the flights - looking at German rules for entry I think we still need a negative test as well as the Covid cert - it's tricky to understand the rules. Not sure will the races go ahead but I'd say we'll have a better picture in the next couple of weeks.

Yeah it's probably too early to tell. How's training going?

Was going grand until this week, between heat and work not getting out much, had to get up at 5am yesterday to fit a run in 😒. Up to 20 miles on my LR and entered into Antrim Coast HM as a warm up. Using the Meno plan btw - never fails! How is yours going?

It's going ok, I'm pretty fit just lacking on the long runs. Up to 18 miles. I entered Kilbeggan 10 miler in a few weeks. It's hard to find a few races to do in the build up. Best of luck with the training.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I have just had an email from Berlin confirming registration and they will see me on the 26th.

You have me worried now!! Didn't get any email😨!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I see the cologne marathon is gone... Hopefully that's just a local government ruling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Frankfurt cancelled as well.

However, just received an email from the Berlin organisers covering PCR test details for it, so they're still planning to go ahead.

They also say you don't need a PCR test if you're vaccinated, but what they've buried away is that you need your second shot to occur before August 11th, which is ridiculous. To enter Germany, you just need to have your second shot 14 days beforehand. That's definitely going to catch a lot of people out

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

Got the email last night as well, looks like it's auto translated from German so is hard to follow the text. I'm already fully vaxxed so didn't read down through it too much. I see they are doing PCD tests at the expo which is something at least. Very strange that unvaccinated must have PCD test to run the race but only antigen test for the expo, doesn't make sense.

Anyway at least it's positive that the plan is still to go ahead with the race if things don't go to s*!t in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The 2nd vaccine requirement had me running to the vaccine centre pdq. 2nd dose 2 weeks ago and formal letter from NHS to confirm it. Went and booked my flights to Berlin last night.

Just go to avoid actaully catching Covid now..!!

Advertisement