Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Timeless watch channel

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'd rather buy a Maurice Lacroix 😮😮(I'm not, but it'd be a better way to spunk a wad of cash😂😂)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Just don't buy it new😲. If I had 3k to burn it would go on an old LWB Land Cruiser. Even the OH agrees with me on this one.

I think Oisin gave me a thumbs up for my comment on the channel. Whatever about the watch, he did a great job on pulling the story together in the video.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I found the vid bloated and pretentious honestly. The musical analogies are streached so thin at this stage (the two planes have different roles, like musical harmoney...look here I am playing the piano...I can play the piano you know....have I mentioned I was in a band in the last 10 minutes?).

The watch is a stolen valour watch, no matter how much Hovis bread music you play Zero West have nothing to do with aviation and pulling on the heart strings to stamp some emotion on a cynical money grab watch with a cheap movement is less than the hard men and heroes of WW2 deserve.

Now reread this comment with me speaking very slowly and in a low tone, give it more weight.

Do you reckon he got paid for it Fitz? The Tudor chrono video was more of an ad than this one IMHO, not trying to defend him or anything, just that I enjoyed watching it.

He said on a Paul Thope stream that the Zero West was a loaned watch he didnt buy, seeing as he has done a different Zero west in the past there must be some deal done for him to be bothered making a 40 minutes vid (over two weeks worth) of this stinky tripe watch. Obviously the demographics and engagement of TTWC's viewers align well with Zero wests cohort of suckers buyers.

Look I like Oisin as a chap, and he has some talent, its just not anywhere near the level he thinks it is. Honestly in the watch collecting world its easy enough be the cool kid and he plays heavily into that erudite, cool, talented, interesting, Christopher Hitchens character, but I get the feeling there is a lot of smoke and mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Was I the only one who noticed his major mistake (historical), where about 6 minutes into the video with the stock B&W footage running and Stravinsky in the background he intones "September 1st 1939 Hitler unleashes blitzkrieg on Poland and two days later Churchill declares war"? Oisín is apparently unaware that Neville Chamberlain was still PM of Britain and Churchill didn't join his cabinet until after war was declared. Then he continues "The attacks are spearheaded by a brand new* airforce.......they swiftly pushed their way across Europe, taking Belgium, Holland and France without much effort.." Granted you can't cram nine months of war into 30 seconds of video but this resumé is ridiculous.

*founded in 1933 and already tested in battle during the Spanish Civil War

Yesterday I cancelled my Patreon sub and today he ups his game.

Pronounce Watch Brand Names with Chloe - French brands, cigars & infidelity. - YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

I don’t count that as upping his game personally.

I do, it's certainly better than opinion videos about Timepiece Gentleman (or whatever it's called) or long boring inaccurate watch promos in 'association' with a micro-brand.

Okay this pronunciation thing has been done to death including a previous video by TTWC but at least we got some views of Venetian life and his interactions with a very attractive French woman. I found it entertaining, which is what I seek in YT videos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

She couldn't be any more French if she tried. 😁

He has gone down a li

Agree. He has gone down a little in my estimation with some of the low rent content he has been putting out. he is going on a lot of low rent live streams also on other watch channels.

They don’t talk about watches on these streams. They talk about each other. A bunch of old women.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

I like his channel but has anyone noticed how much the guy drinks? I saw him on some livestream a while ago and he was slurring to the point of getting cringey, then I think literally next day he posted a quick video and at the end he says now I'm going home to get drunk. Next thing he's posting a video sipping wine while talking about how hungover he is. Is it an image he's cultivating? I know he enjoys the finer things in life, quality wine and whiskey included, but there's a point where you're just an alco who can afford nice drinks.

The French bird thing was letchy and weird, its very obvious from a lot of the comments on the video that a lot of people watching have never touched a woman.. Nj27 I agree when you start to string the live stream stuff together the guy just goes from one all nighter to the next. A lot of inteligent addicts find ways to justify and normalise their behaviours, look at us all on here?? If I were an alco I would go deep into the "fine wine, fine spirits, cigars, livestreams and womanising as those persuits allow me to drink all the time without it seeming abnormal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yeah, now I'm hardly averse to elegantly ruffled insouciant latin lasses in summer dresses playing endlessly with their hair, but I just knew the comments would be interesting. And views of the vicarious vibe would be had. It's part of the whole cold weather man living the dream in Latin climes. Venice a bloody charm for it(esp. in lockdown. Normally it's stuffed with tourists and a bit whiffy). And fair enough, but...

It was this bit at the end where I was like, ah heyore..

Over 18's eh? I can imagine the rush of Archieluxury types rushing to mash their keyboards with unseemly haste. 😂He'll get veiws though, that's for sure. It does smack of cross pollination on social media. Now if it's his current squeeze then fair enough but otherwise...

Does she follow the GAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭scwazrh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I haven't seen his latest videos but the last few have come across as a bit bon vivure, or as my father would say, bit of a Ponce. Oisin hyped the WW2 watch recently, there's a lot of hype in the watch game, blame the game not the player, it comes with the whole luxury goods territory.

Anyhoo, my brother, who has become a diving fiend has tasked me with buying him a diving watch. So I've got skin in the game and have to cut through the hype to get to the goods.

Oisin hyped the WW2 watch recently, there's a lot of hype in the watch game, blame the game not the player, it comes with the whole luxury goods territory.

Very true NJ, the brands are as bad for hype, howlers and BS too, usually supported by watch journos. Watch and motoring journalism would be about the most industry incestuous of that trade, though to be fair the latter has got significantly better and independent in the last few years.

Yer one Chloe looks like she would smell. Would say she had not paid for a drink in years, dirty old feckers would flock to her, the bang of daddy issues off her.....

This whole thing of the pronunciation of brand names. Of course a french person will say words with a french accent, but I dont really think a American saying Patek with an American accent is strange or improper. Usually putting on an accent and using the sounds of a different language are inserted into english conversations by people keen to show they are polyglots or cultured. Very much like Del Boy. Of course a french person saying these words sounds exotic and luxurious...thats because the sounds are uncommon to our ears, its just normal to them.....When I hear people over egging the pronounciation I think they are trying a bit hard. JJ LaCoot is fine, I know what you mean dude, glottal sounds not needed.

"Yer one Chloe looks like she would smell. Would say she had not paid for a drink in years, dirty old feckers would flock to her, the bang of daddy issues off her....."

I dunno, looks very clean to me and I suspect if she smells of anything it's probably Chanel No.5. I'd say it's not just 'dirty old feckers' who'd find her attractive. I'm sure she gets lots of men offering to buy her drinks but your suggestion that she hasn't bought herself one in years sounds a bit misogynistic to me.

She's got nice teeths BTW. :-)

Hard to disagree. I would cringe at someone putting on a French accent to pronounce brands.

if anyone is in my company please feel free to say “yaaaaaygeeer”. I won’t judge.

This whole thing of the pronunciation of brand names.

Ditto. While it's an interesting aside, that's about it. If I'm nipping off to Paris for the weekend I don't say Paree. If I were nipping down to Oisin's neck of the woods I wouldn't say Venezia. Hell, going way back I wouldn't say Ulius Kaesar(approx) when talking about Julius Caesar, unless I was a thundering pseud. There are a shedload of words in English we use that are very different in their native pronunciations. That goes for French, German, Spanish, Italian etc going the other way. One big reason as his vid demonstrates different languages can have very different sounds not present in other languages and sounds we can find difficulty in hearing, never mind speaking. V/W for native German speakers, E/I for native Spanish and so on. I'm certainly not going to entangle my tonsils or cough up half a lung trying to strangulate local words, because 90% of the time a local will know exactly what you're talking about anyway.

You would buy her a drink ya dirty fecker wouldnt ya :)

She would smell of Cigarettes and vomit is my guess. Teeth not great alignment but they are real at least. Just amazing how fellows cant spot honey traps. Oisin met her plastered one night, her equally mangled. She posts simi naked and erotic photos of herself and food on instagram and describes herself as "Thirsty matador, certified snob". She discussed with Oisin how she is the one married men cheat with...if noticing the alarm bells marks me as a misogynist so be it. Personally I find Old man Oisin fishing for views with some young girl more misogynist, but maybe I am just more jaded with the world.

Wibbs I agree on the pronunication. All I can hear is "Mange tout rodney". Half the time I have to pronounce a watch brand I realise I have never said it out loud before in my life. Maybe if I were an excellent cunning linguist like Oisin I would get the young ladies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I wasn't gonna say smell 😂

But I'll be honest, if Chloe is the class of courtesan, company or lady considered as hot, or even desirable?

I'm quite surprised tbh. Now, maybe she has a voice that would make a lad want to melt into her? I don't know, because I've not watched the Óisin video just trawled her insta.

If she's a prize catch, I've honestly thrown far, far better back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

TTWC has been my favourite YT channel for the past couple of years but its definitely lost direction and gone down hill the last few months. He seems to be going for the "youtuber" angle more and more by discussing shite "community" scandals like timepiece gentlemen and going on endless watch live streams with nobodies to get his ego massaged. The ego in general is out of control and the material isn't backing it up at the moment.

Post edited by redlead on

Not on instagram, so won't be trawling anyone. Though to be fair it's because it always seems to think I'm a bot and blocks me after I register. Seems to be a thing with them I gather. Haven't tried for a while mind you. Though maybe I am a bot? 🤔😮 They're now owned by Arsebook IIRC? No loss, wouldn't give that zuckerburg guy the steam from my etc. Sets the site up originally so he could perve at a distance on fellow college girls. The unblinking freak of nature.

Going on that vid I'd agree with Fitz as far as her ticking certain boxes alright. I popped back into the comments for the swell of thirst like men stuck in the Gobi for a month. 😁 Though one or two were more wary: Not quite sure what i just watched tbh, bar i did feel a tad uncomfortable, like watching someone on a second date....Wasn't quite sure where to look tbh, Chloe exudes many traits, too many. Keep safe guys.

Though making assumptions the other direction is not far off as bad as making the thirsty ones. Both are vicarious to a large degree. And if that was a second date I'd be worried about the first. 😁 Looking back on my own encounters that kinda vibe was like a wasted meeting and first "date", waking up and trying to work out what was going on sober and trying to fill the gaps in convo.

I'd find her look attractive though that Latin/Gallic look I dig so there's that and it's a remarkably common look in other climes too.

Chloe with a fada on the 'e' is looking for a new place to live, says she's a good cook......CT will you be off apartment hunting in Venice?

I have been pronouncing vin wrong all these years, I must have looked like a right Del boy🍷

No, unfortunately I'm well past my sell by date. 😩

Now in my younger days I had this thing for French girls and a particular crush on Francoise Hardy. She was a bit before your time I suspect.

Dont let age come between you. Its you use by date she is interested in, she is not buying.

Francoise Hardy

Bit before my time too, but jaysus yeah.

I have been pronouncing vin wrong all these years, I must have looked like a right Del boy🍷

I ask for vinium rubrum myself. Feckin' peasants. 😁 Never vinia mind you. I consider white "wine" the work of the devil. Jeremy Clarkson has called it "lady petrol" and funny enough in latin it's feminine so maybe they were onto something even then, because there does seem to be a palate gender difference. It always tastes like bitter cider, mixed with wee and vinegar to me. I'd rather chew one of my own toes off than drink the stuff, though the addition of bubbles does help it enormously.