Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Also interested. As I've booked them for the kids on Friday.

Edit: Thanks to the previous poster for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Flying home from Portugal shortly from Faro airport. Just confirming what others have said. At the boarding desk Ryanair are accepting the govt vaccine cards if you are fully vaccinated. No need for DCC or PCR test.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

How is the algarve? Much in the way of masks and restrictions being reinforced? Thinking about a visit in 5 or 6 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Quags

A friend of mine went to GoSafe48 and said they were amazing. No queues and results inside 4 hours. I will go there before i travel to Croatia and then I believe its nearly €90 in Croatia for a PCR to come back to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ganoga

Hey again everyone.

I completed my covid-19 test with letsgetchecked. for anyone who is considering:

I ordered the test in advance.

Took the test around 10:00am. First scheduled collection with UPS, then completed the test. A driver collected the test at around 10:20. The test arrived at lab 7am next day for processing. Got the results at 13:30 same day they arrived at lab.

It was a RT-PCR test.

If you don't hear from me then I'll be off holidaying, otherwise it wasn't accepted 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I haven’t flown home yet so I don’t know what the Irish passenger locator form looks like. But from what I’ve read the email with the results is perfect.

We didn’t have DCCs coming out and the email with the negative result was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Is that your way of saying you miss my ranting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

everything is open. Masks indoors when not seated. Last drinks in pubs is 10:30, so if you are planning a session you need to start a bit early. If indoor at the weekends you need to show a DGC or negative antigen test, you get them in the pharmacy for €3

some areas are very quiet, but some are very busy. Quinta do Lago is jammed, busier than a typical summer, Vilamoura is ticking over, Albufeira is pretty quiet, but that could all change this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Thanks for the update. We are travelling to Lagos in 3.5 weeks so hopefully all will go well.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Stayed in Alvor for a week, hotel/hotel pool was quiet enough. Beach was busy..main strip with restaurants etc noticeably busier since Monday with places closing at 10.30. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

So I'm flying to Madrid via Ryanair tomorrow. I checked in for my flight 2 days ago but I didn't declare my Covid test results as I didn't have them.

I have my negative results now, is there a way to input this so it appears on my boarding pass?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Make sure you update your Spanish FCS form with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

RE: uploading documents to Ryanair, doing this only means they will appear in the Ryanair app on your phone, which is convenient but not essential for travel. Whether you upload them or not they are not validated or checked until you are boarding the flight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Oh Ireland, you have been a very naughty boy

Yep I've done that already. I've uploaded both my LetsGetchecked report results and the Spanish FCS form to the Ryanair documents section but my boarding passes still says "no Covid documentation uploaded". Will just go in early to the Ryanair check in desk hopefully get that changed

also another one just went to book a Covid test in Seville on the Monday as I'm comin home on the Tuesday but it said all appointments are booked up.

I've had my first Pfizer vaccine jab and obviously the PCR test coming over. What are my options?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

This is less a covid question and rather a brexit one, does anyone know if i can travel from uk to ireland on an irish passport card, has it changed since brexit? I've not been able to find a clear answer on their site and their chat/phonelines are closed

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Of course you can, nothing has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The amount of questions and reports involving Spain are pretty surprising, it's not my choice of destination looking at that map 😃

I'll be heading to a different part of Europe with the paper vaccine record, wish me luck haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭josip

I wonder if Ireland going red will impact our ability to enter any countries, including non-EU ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Wondering this too as going to France in 2 weeks but we seem to be on their green list since June

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Possibly non EU but it won't effect EU block nations.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Went through the airport yday lunch time, wasn’t that busy, had fast track and sailed through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Looking at the Delta outbreak in Sydney and now developing across Australia we are very fortunate to be at the level (and continuing) of vaccination we are, had we have been in the current situation Australia finds itself with a more transmissible variant with previous lockdown methods not working and very low levels of inoculation with the wrong vaccine bets, and us with an open border - It boggles the mind where we would be going or what we would be doing in our country right now.

Off tomorrow on two-week trip to Greece involving 3 Islands, Lisbon booked for a weekend in late Sep, LA for a week in early Nov and hoping to do a Christmas market in Dec either in Austria or Germany. Not half optimistic. 😂

Zero Covid is completely unproven strategy. New Zealand will be next.

I'm off to Greece tomorrow too. Enjoy.

And there goes Eilish again banging her anti travel gong.

No breakdown whatsoever on those numbers. Considering we're not doing any random testing at the airport, how many of these 'travel related' cases happen weeks or months after the travel has occurred. Also weird how vaccinated people seem to become more vulnerable to infection as soon as they go overseas.

More awful propaganda for ISAG masquerading as journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Whats the story on this ?

I've heard no news on this since, presume they voted against it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

I've noticed that masks are being worn outdoors in Spain by the vast majority of locals in crowded areas like city centres. Most of the people not wearing them seem to be tourists. I think the rule is they are supposed to be worn if you can't guarantee 1.5 metres distance but there does not seem to be any enforcement of that rule.

Another thing, I asked a few weeks ago what do I do with my driving license (abroad) that was supposed to expire a couple of months ago but whose validity was automatically extended. The NDLS finally got back to me and they will provide anyone in that situation with a "Driver Statement" which I presume is an official looking letter explaining the situation. As it happens, I didn't need it for car hire, but if I was stopped by the police, I'd definitely want to have it.

• Advertisement

Its this kind of nonsense that will lose the people further. Between this, the HSE today changing the goal posts on herd immunity to 90% and that we shouldn't be looking at Scotland for a sense of what happens next (cases dropped dramatically after the delta rise), its foolishly cherrying picking details.

Clearly they want to villanise travel again so that ireland can shark personal responsibility when some pubs and restaurants are taking the piss at the moment with the pretend outdoor dining and will further take the piss when indoor reopens next week.

Advertisement