Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moderators tools down?

Options
  • 21-07-2021 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭

Hi. There are several anti-vaxxers in a couple of the COVID threads spouting absolute nonsense for the last couple of days. E.g., I've just reported one post where the person underestimated the death rate from COVID by a factor of over 30!

The posts have been reported, but there's been no response from mods.

Is this because there are no rules against posting made-up bollocks about COVID; or because moderator tools are broken?

I've not received anything via PM to say "We saw the report, that post is fine", and I don't know what the usual practice is.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Out tools are not "broken", but are incomplete. We, as mods, CMod and indeed Admins, are like everyone else, feeling our way around the site, and working out what mod tools we do have. Features continue to be added, but the main priorities have been addressing some of the more fundamental issues users (including mods etc) are experiencing

I would add that I personally have been busy with a few real life priorities, and have only been dipping in and out of the site since the change. That will improve particularly as I (and indeed other Mods, CMods and Admins) work our own way through some of the changes we are all experiencing

The good news is I can still siteban😃

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Why would someone get reported or sitebanned for understating a figure? Was there a clause before joining a thread that they have to be a statistician or a doctor?

Why not stop reading, ignore instead of a tantrum?

Someone in the gaa/soccer forum got a score incorrect. Should I report them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

You can do what you like.

Personally, if I see someone spout absolute bollocks about COVID, telling people it's grand, just like a cold, misstate the fatalities by a factor of 30, share some (already debunked) thing circulated by "doctors", claiming it's not dangerous, claiming you can't spread it if you don't have symptoms, stating that vaccines are untested, and other such tripe, then yes, I'll report them, and I'd hope that boards, like twitter, facebook, and other social media sites, will take action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

To be fair, there is a massive difference between an incorrect score in a game and spreading misinformation regarding Covid resulting in people dying.

Advertisement