Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20/21 €50 H2H Draft League

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Best of luck today CSF.

My fpl season has been very average so it’s been great to have something to play for in this every week.

Fair play to Megaphone and Dearg who’ve been out of contention the longest but kept drafting and setting up their teams.
    Best of luck, heavily need luck on my side to overturn it today,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

CSF wrote: »
    Best of luck, heavily need luck on my side to overturn it today,
    well done Trimm let me know how I can send the money. PayPal or Revolut would be best.

Congrats Trimm, eoghan104 did the job for me but I wasn't able to take advantage.

Was a pleasure again, and looking forward to doing it all again next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Cheers yeah I was surprised to lose today especially after my team started with a few goals so thanks to Green and Red for doing the business.

Defo up for playing next year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Cheers yeah I was surprised to lose today especially after my team started with a few goals so thanks to Green and Red for doing the business.

Defo up for playing next year again.

Well done Trimm Trabb

Hard luck CSF, my defence was on fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Congrats Trimm Trabbs!

Delighted to finish off the season with a win over my nemesis, that f*cking Average Team! :cool:

Well done Trimm and commiserations to CSF.

It was a good competitive league and good craic to play every week.

I only beat ‘average’ once all season so I was probably lucky to get as close as I did.

Don’t feel like I’ve learned many lessons, to improve my efforts for next season, but looking forward to draft day already as it’s the best part of the FPL season.

Hi guys.

Going to set this league up again with a few tweaks from last season if you all approve.

First up it will be WTA, winner takes all, again. No debate there.

The 7 participants from last season will have until the 1st of August to accept their place and pay the €50 entry fee.

I think we should have a cap of 8 players and will offer it (the final place) out once the 7 have confirmed their intentions or from the 2nd of August if some of the 7 don’t respond.

The tweaks - as it’s a H2H league I think this should come into play if there is a tie at the end of the season. This season we decided, late on, to just use the classic score to seperate but I’m thinking we can do better than that.

I’m suggesting that in the event of a tie that whoever has the most overall weekly H2H wins is declared the winner. If that is also a tie then their actual H2H’s, against each other, are counted. If it is still tied then the combined scores in those weekly H2H’s will determine the winner.

I have set the draft to start on Tuesday the 10th of August at 10.30pm. This is pretty much the same start time as the last 2-3 seasons so I hope it suits everyone again. Looking at you Green&red.

I have extended the interval between picks from 30 seconds to 60 seconds as someone was unhappy with 30 seconds last year.

I’ll wait a week from now, to give you all a chance to contribute your two cents, before setting up the new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in. The new rules and 60 seconds per pick sounds good to me, 30 secs forced me into some rushed picks late on in the draft last time.

God I do not like this new forum format, I'm unquestionably in though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Yep I’m in too.

So that’s 4 of last years 7 so far.

I should have mentioned that someone else will have to collect the money as I’m in a different currency zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm out guys

Thanks for letting us know early and hope you’re keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I'm out lads best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Hey Guys - sorry I’m going to give this a miss! Ended up trying to manage too many teams last year between the classic league, other drafts, sky sports and bethard so I’m cutting back!

thanks to all for the updates

So that’s all I needed to know to start a new thread.

I’ll start it in the next couple of days.

we have 4 from last year and will be looking for 4 more.

• Advertisement

I’d mentioned it in General Chat thread and remoteboy has express interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Yeah. Stick us down. Sounds like a bit of craic.

Advertisement