Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Joe must have pranged Ronan's Merc in the car park today. That's the only reason why he gave his midday show two free blags.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i really thought joe was gonna play simply de best

epic radio compare now to ray on about making a ceaser salad

i dont give a fk u clown

• Registered Users Posts: 32,609 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Absolutely dreadful as usual....inane nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The Joe Duffy Show was a disgrace today and the 10 min of liveline wasn't much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Aye, I'm sure it's the same for every privately run or non funded museum and I am part of management of one. You do your best with little resources and money you have, you can't keep everyone happy and will inevitably get the know all's.

The famine museum is a great visit, as I said earlier I've been there twice in the last 10 years or so. Sure it's a bit rough around the edges and lacking in finding but it's run by a bloke who puts his heart and soul into it and that makes it more personal and richer than any of the national museums or centres. The safe house is great fun too!!

• Advertisement

Listening back to the Patricia part....lol....she sounded langers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 portstorm

Joe needs to find a safe house for ronan. Crazy Patricia is gunning for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Have to say I was impressed by the owner, today's show was clearly intended to undermine and attack this venue based on an opiniated tweet from a professor. Duffy latched onto the provo angle and made a complete fool of himself, even when callers got through he attempted to cajole them into seeing his narrative.

I'm still astonished with all that's going on in the world, Duffy latched onto this non story and continued to dig a larger hole. It was shameful stuff and I hope the show and Duffy sanctioned for what was disgraceful and less than objective broadcasting.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Just listened to the show

Few points

1) Joe has some gaul whinging about a quote from Eddie Gallagher of the IRA and his bizarre views

This man has clearly done his best to be PC, an orange hall, loyalists, etc

2) You will find the Orange crowd and British establishment have some nonsense views regarding the North,

Joe interjected to mention the Orange Order have nothing to do with UVF, except all the UVF paraphernalia, celebration of the UVF and banners of the UVF at their orange halls and marches

3) Fateen upset, it was never mentioned about Eddie Gallagher,

any chance Duffy was upset about the British poppy day never mentioning the Paras were child murderers?

That the 1916 memorial was dedicated to British soldiers who shelled childers in the tenaments?

Why has Joe been so silent about child murderer David Cleary, will he be upset that its not mentioned what he did?

Years ago, Duffy refused to challenge or even allow balance when British soldier Alan Barry claimed Ballymurphy massacre never happened

The man is a creep, a simpleton and a coward

4) Also, Duffy bootlicking his fellow academic due to his own inferiority complex

However, where are these academics when their colleagues publish nonsense regarding gender studies, revisionism, etc?

The most inaccurate and spun historical facts are designed by published writers/columnists not private museum.

5) Furthermore, Joe tried to cover up his bullying by claiming he cared about the accuracy of the history of the North - and starts listing the death stats, what a farce by a pure cretin!

Worse thing is Joe tries to pretend he is the man's friend and hangs the UCD woman out to dry

Such bullying by Duffy

Fishing twitter, blaming the whole conflict on the Provos and implying that this man was one of them

Joe's the biggest amateur of them all

• Advertisement

Joe Duffy : "Obviously the Orange Order aren't linked to the UVF"

From a man who actually claims to be an expert specifically child deaths during the Troubles, is from Dublin (which was bombed by the UVF) and talks down to others

Joe, since you read this thread, there you are, you simpleton :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-25770465.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Looks like I shall have to listen to this episode, could it be true that the Duffster has put his profound ignorance on display once again?? the hero of the working classes who was protesting over the menu in the canteen in trinity when ethnic cleansing of sections of the working classes who happened to be the "wrong" religion was going on only a hundred miles up the road, surely that can't be true, suits you sir with your double chins and faux republicanism, a pure fraud if there ever was one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Don’t forget the red trouser holder uppers!

He did mention on the show yesterday that he could go with a dinner or two less 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he will be still stewing over yesterdays humiliation

a caller is in for it today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

listening to Patricia now, Nell McCafferty after a liquid lunch.

I missed her completely yesterday.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Thinking back,.......how bleedin ignorant did he come across to the museum fella ? I delighted another caller called him out on not having visited it etc

So unprofessional

Really is the Joe Duffy Show nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

more about the Tallaght funerals today. Who will bear the brunt of the blame from Joe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Joe's idea of a diet is to stop putting Chef sauce in his coddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Not only claims to be an expert, but for some reason, he has the names of every one of dose men, women and childers on display on his wall at home.

What a weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The scumbag fraternity must be delighted with all the publicity that Joe is giving them…….isn’t that what they wanted by putting on a big show at the funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Back to the infamous funerals

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,343 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

... and on wi' da show.

Next up, the Bishop and if Joe isn't satisfied, the Pope.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Fadder U?

when is the garda commissioner coming on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Fadder Flashlight on Line 3

Ohhhh the priest is on....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"Joe I'm not going to comment about the funeral in question"

Now watch as Joe will continue to question him on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Fadder yew

Advertisement