Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A for €199 on Vodafone - No need to switch number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

Thanks to whoever for posting this. Mine arrived yesterday, less than 24 hours after ordering Bought as a gift for someone. For €99 it appears to be a great phone with really good photos, better than my Samsung.😲

@dball not sure what you are skeptical about. I'm porting my phone from Eir, but I'll move back to a sim only Eir plan straight after the port is complete. Or maybe shop around for another sim only plan.

I don't want to be on a PAYG Vodafone plan indefinitely as its not the best value. But you only need to port a number to get the deal, your not tied into anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Waiting for a SIM to arrive before pulling the trigger but can anyone advise if going for the Redmi Note 10 5G (available for the same price) over this, purely for the bigger screen is madness or justifiable?

i.e How do the other specs for both phones compare? Vodafone website is useless for this type of info.

Is boards full of grandads & grannys or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Pixel would have a better camera and better performance. If looking, the Oppo Find X2 Neo is on sale for €15 more than the Pixel and would be a better phone than both.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089658QHN

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

I ordered Monday evening, got the confirmation email and money taken from my account.

No phone yet

Anyway I can check the order status?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yep, €345 in euro at time of writing. I think it's around €247 now. If you change currency on amazon it will display euros, and not fluctuate, and often works out in your favour, unlike paypal for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭lordsheepface

Ask them on Live Chat. If you haven't got it by now I'd imagine it has been cancelled due to a mystery "technical glitch". This is normally how things go.

You won't get any cancellation email, you'll just see the money refund to your account at some point.

This is the joy of the Vodafone Online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Ordered Monday morning. Delivered today.

Got one single mail throughout giving me an order # immediatly after purchase and that was it.

Did contact Live Chat just to get updates and they were able to provide a tracking number on Wed (2 days ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I'm on my fifth order.

Called support and it's exactly as you'd expect. Nobody can explain why orders are being cancelled. This is basically a faceless organization.

"Technical glitch" we don't know what is going on but we are working on it, please try again in 24 hours.

There is some other issue for sure. Maybe they're out of stock and their system doesn't have stock management?

People have tried with Tesco numbers and it has worked, right? So it can't be that. Maybe it's a credit card issue? I'm going to use another one and we'll see what happens.

Post edited by CyberGhost on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dball

Q: can i stick an Eir Sim only contract sim card in this phone and expect it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Q&A

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

thanks to everyone for responding to queries.

finally placed an order using 48 sim. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

same here. money taken now and no further comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I'm using a previous bargain alert Huawei PSmart 2019. Would this be much of an upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I've a confirmation email but no record of the purchase on my account on their website and no tracking number. Also, no sign of their Online Chat during the day.

Did the troll cancel me?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭cormie

"How much time it took for you to get the status updated to "order received" after placing the order on their website?

did they push you to purchase the credit while you collected your order from the store?"

Doesn't seem to be an option to multi quote on the new boards, but to answer your Q's, I forget what step the collect from store option was at, but it was there at some stage. I collected the same day after ordering it online :) I never checked the status after ordering, I only got an email from them, it arrived soon after placing the order, but that was the only email I ever received. They didn't push me to buy any credit once I got to the store :) Bear in mind, this was for the €199 offer, which although a great deal, is nothing compared to the current offer of €99 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

No confirmation email when ordered last night and didn't bother setting up an account but money taken from the card. Presumably that's a bad sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Possibly. I ordered at midnight and had a dispatched email at 08:15. 1st time trying and used a 48 sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Ordered there now - although I wasted 15 quid on a 3 SIM card - and if the phone arrives I won't be too disappointed at 114 quid. Thanks OP and the poster with the SuperValu deal. Bargain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It arrived! No tracking number or anything. Ordered late on Wednesday and already here. Need a case for it now 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Not to ask a stupid question but... when goingg through the checkout process it wants you to select a montly plan. I assume you don't actually get charged for this each month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

NO, as long as you select a PAYG rather than BillPay plan, there is no implied contract. Theyre not gonna send the Vodafone goons around your house to repossess your phone if you dont buy credit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pick a pay as you go plan. You'll be throwing the temporary sim in the bin anyway so you needn't worry about monthly payments. Just insert your existing sim and forget all about Vodafone ever existing!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dingle1969

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Firblog

Purchased one on Wednesday night, arrived this morning: €199 - had only read the OP... thanks op

Purchased one yesterday morning - €99 - hasn't arrived yet - read further through the thread and found the supervalu rewards post - thanks to that poster too.

I used a free lycamobile sim to switch, just popped it into my phone, gave that number to vodafone to verifiy and entered the code onsite; hoping to have it today / Monday.

Whatever happens will be selling my 8mth old Redmi Note 9 to CEX, and good riddance to it, piece of crap..

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭R11

48 SIM arrived this morning so order placed for Pixel 4a at €99.......gonna switch my broadband over to VF in about 2 weeks, will they be able to see that I'm not using their PAYG Chat Extra plan? It'll be same delivery address...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭donnacha

Folks, my 48 sim arrived. Even though I've activated it for the 'try before you buy' but the number doesn't receive texts/calls - do I need to sign up for a membership in order to get the porting text from Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭donnacha

scratch that request - just took a bit of time to activate

Advertisement