Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOARDS GOLF SOCIETY FOTA ISLAND JULY 24 11AM.

Options
  • 04-07-2021 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

fota-island-deerpark-golf-course-FOTA012_185.jpg

https://www.fotaisland.ie/championship-cork-golf-club/

Hi Golfers.

Round 2 brings us to Fota Island.

We are playing the deerpark course which hosted The Irish Open twice in the last few years so ye are in for a treat.

If you have time check out the practice area with full driving range, chipping greens, putting greens, bunker practice.

You will need to check in at the pro shop for Covid tracing and buy tokens for balls. Walk around the lake to the left and follow the path up through the trees.

I have booked seating for 20 in the clubhouse for food. Try to eat with your playing partners please in tables of 4. They are still a bit sensitive regarding covid.

I was hoping to have built up the kitty to subsidize this outing a bit more but having lost a few outings at the start of the year the well is a bit dry.
    I will need €55.00 per person for this one.

I will set up Revolut closer to the time.
    Please make sure to decline on Teamer if something comes up as that is how I determine numbers to pay the course.

That's it for the moment.
    See Ye Soon.

BREAK 80
    Post edited by slave1 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Break80

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/fota-island-hole-by-hole-guide-1.1062094

Lazy B that I am.
    Lifted from the Irish Times from 2002 but it hasn't changed much. A few bunkers less that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Can't wait Captain. Will be first trip back there since Seve's year I think.

Really looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Can't wait Captain. Will be first trip back there since Seve's year I think.

Really looking forward to it

Yep and I was really looking forward to it also but a year late covid delayed communion got scheduled for the same weekend :(
    But now covid has the communion cancelled again!!!!!
    Might just be able to make this one now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Looking forward to this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Cant wait for this! had one of my best rounds on this course on a golfing trip years ago which I actually won! out of about 30 lads.. I probably played my best golf over 4 days but had a savage score in Fota which included an eagle and 2 birdies.. Travelled to the Irish open there on my own on the Sunday and had a great day! So I have very fond memories of the place and cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Snackbox20

Can't wait for this outing. Really excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aleynaa

Hi
    I’m trying to accept the invite to Fota on my email... this leads me to Teamer. Instead of the usual option to decline or accept, there’s no mention of Fota anywhere and it’s just asking me if I want to collect money or register a new team. Anyone else had this problem or have any advice?
    My username on Teamer is Oreo124

Aleynaa wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m trying to accept the invite to Fota on my email... this leads me to Teamer. Instead of the usual option to decline or accept, there’s no mention of Fota anywhere and it’s just asking me if I want to collect money or register a new team. Anyone else had this problem or have any advice?

Hi Aleynaa. Haven't seen this before. Have you got the Teamer app installed on your phone? I find that to be more consistent than the email links.

It sounds like maybe your profile in Teamer isn't logged in. That might be why its asking if you want to register?

Hi

It’s possible I deleted you from Teamer as I recently did a clear out of people you expressed interest but never played or who haven’t been out in ages. Of course it’s possible I deleted some in error

Have you played with us before/ recently? When did you sign up with us?

I was possibly deleted in error. I joined over a year ago but never played with ye before. Is there something I can do on the Teamer app to join up again?

• Advertisement

I was possibly deleted in error. I joined over a year ago but never played with ye before. Is there something I can do on the Teamer app to join up again?

Well then you weren’t deleted in error! ;)

Send me a pm with all the info that’s in my signature and I’ll set you back up later on

Seve OB wrote: »
    Well then you weren’t deleted in error! ;)

Send me a pm with all the info that’s in my signature and I’ll set you back up later on

Great thanks, I just sent you a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one!

A late tee time for me would suit if possible captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

A late tee time would be good for me too please.

Last call on this one Golfers.

I need to notify the course tomorrow re numbers.

If you are on for the outing please accept on Teamer as this is where I will have the final amount of players.

Thanks.

BREAK 80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm out. Cannot change the acceptance on Teamer.

i have 21 confirmed on Teamer.

I have booked for 24 so 3 slots left if anyone sitting on the fence.

BREAK 80.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Really looking forward to this one captain. See ye down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Alanm

Can I get one of the later tee times pls captain?

I'll take an early slot Captain, and can help with cards once I'm in

• Advertisement

Im thinking of staying down on Saturday night after golf for a few beers. Could some of the locals recommend where to stay thats close to a bit of life?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Looking forward to this haven't been there since 2001!

i'm not a local, but if you want a bit of life, its not that far from city centre. somewhere like jurys inn, or maybe an aul air B&B.

Failing that, you could look at staying in Cobh or even Midleton?

Jurys Inn would be fine if you can get it. Plenty of pubs,restaurants doing outdoor dining in the city but you would want to book them. Very little walk in space in any of them. People are going out early with 11pm closing.

Oliver Plunkett St. Cook St. Mc Curtain St. are rocking at the moment but you need to book times.

Henchy's in Lukes Cross or Barrys in Douglas are party central but again book a table for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Can I have an early tee time please

Right Lads and Ladies. Apoligies for the late post but I got sidetracked with the fine weather.

Timesheet for Fota Island is. 11.20 ALEYANAA, SPACECOYOTE, SNACKBOX20.

11.30 OFFALY MEDIC, DOUBLECROSS, BRIAN ROSSITER.

11.40 KILTH, BENNY79, CONCERNED2.

11.50 TIGERWOOD, SEVEOB, SLAVE1,JARRIETA.

12.00 KIERAN, BALLYK, WOODYG, GOLFNUT.

12.10 BREAK80, CHARLIEIRL,ROADRUNNER, ALANM.

Before you drive down the hill to the clubhouse there is an overflow carpark on your left. Park in there and we can do the prizes there after everyone has eaten.

Nearest the pin will be the 3rd a tough par 3 over water. Don't go pinseeking if the pin is right. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU SEE IT.

Longest drive will be 16. Skirt with the bunkers on the right for best results.

I have booked seating for 20 after for food.

€25.00 membership outstanding for those who didn't make the first outing.

Thats about it golfers. Hope ye all have a great day. The course is in top condition and the sun is shining Life is good.

I will be in the door of the clubhouse on the right.

See you down there at the weekend Captain. Looking forward to it.

Where is the range and practice facilities relative to the course?

Space when you park up and walk down to the clubhouse keep left, walk past it and keep walking…….. up past 18th green, through trees on left. It’s probably signposted or something.

might need to stop in the clubhouse for range tokens, I’m not sure, possible you can buy them around at the actual range

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

is the EV charge point close to the course Captain? I've to head to dublin after the golf - 475kms spin for me tomorrow!!!

• Advertisement

Its located at the front of the hotel. Down side is its only 3.7Kw charger!

Advertisement