Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭plodder

I've noticed that masks are being worn outdoors in Spain by the vast majority of locals in crowded areas like city centres. Most of the people not wearing them seem to be tourists. I think the rule is they are supposed to be worn if you can't guarantee 1.5 metres distance but there does not seem to be any enforcement of that rule.

Another thing, I asked a few weeks ago what do I do with my driving license (abroad) that was supposed to expire a couple of months ago but whose validity was automatically extended. The NDLS finally got back to me and they will provide anyone in that situation with a "Driver Statement" which I presume is an official looking letter explaining the situation. As it happens, I didn't need it for car hire, but if I was stopped by the police, I'd definitely want to have it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Its this kind of nonsense that will lose the people further. Between this, the HSE today changing the goal posts on herd immunity to 90% and that we shouldn't be looking at Scotland for a sense of what happens next (cases dropped dramatically after the delta rise), its foolishly cherrying picking details.

Clearly they want to villanise travel again so that ireland can shark personal responsibility when some pubs and restaurants are taking the piss at the moment with the pretend outdoor dining and will further take the piss when indoor reopens next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Tazz T

It's exactly this. Gearing up for some 'emergency brake' bollix.

Fortunately, there's a good chance that a few countries including the UK seem to be peaking delta wave and it's lower than what the scaremongers anticipated. The next week or so will tell for sure, but undoubtedly the focus then won't be on the UK or other countries coming out of the delta blip, it will be on our rising numbers due to travel and reopening indoor dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I used to think NPHET were incompetent, now I realise they’re pure charlatans. So 800 people had been out of the country (including NI) within 30 days of a positive test, and they’re claiming it’s travel related. Stretching credulity here. This coupled with Philip Nolan’s tweet storm about being transferred from hard surfaces… they are totally anti science and facts, they always find a way to bend the narrative to fit their agenda.

Well it's fecking well for some isn't it? Did ya build the water slide with that lotto win as well?

• Advertisement

Well let's not go nuts now but at least your had something to say on the subject and entered into discussion

Passport card is only valid for eu travel so they could be absolute fuvkers about it but then the cta means we aren't supposed to need anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I read on Twitter that 800 works out at about 6% of cases in the last 2 weeks. Surely that’s something to be cheering about? 94% of new cases are not from travel.

The problem is people read 800 and think the sky is falling in without thinking about what it actually means

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Tazz T

That's the whole point of phrasing it like that, but I'd really doubt that figure. Greece looked at a sample 100,000 random tests at the airports and found just 76 positives. How many people have come through our have airports in the last two weeks? Remember, these are all either vaccinated or PCRd. There would have to be close to a million to get the same results. I bet these figure are for anyone that's been near the airport this year and was infected weeks after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Hi all

Does anyone know if the EU DCC is being accepted on return into belfast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ArturoMorgan

They debated this on Wednesday and they voted in favor of keeping the current law, which states that the masks are not mandatory outdoors in Spain, with the exception of mass gatherings. So the masks are not mandatory at the moment in Spain.

As far as I know there are plenty of people in Spain wearing the mask nowadays anyway but no need to wear it if you don´t want to.

I am Spanish and I will be travelling to Spain this weekend and I am not planning to wear it, never did it here outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭RoryMac

They were saying last week the travel accounted for 10% of cases so according to their figures the number is coming down, that 800 number also includes people that came back from NI and then tested positive which is probably a good amount with a lot of people travelling up North in the last few weeks for breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

There is definetly a push from NPHET that the media are only too happy to row in behind in terms of foreign travel, particularly for unvaccinated. I'd have serious doubts that 800 people who would have tested negative on a PCR less than 3 days before flying subsequently testing positive a few days after returning. It would also be interesting how many on that period went for the day 5 PCR test to end quarentine. If for example 40,000 went for that test and 800 tested positive that would be a 2% positivity rate. If you took a random selection of unvaccinated people in the country and tested them in the same period you'd probably get a similar positivity rate. But as usual they give us half facts to support the narritive they want. I'm going to take it with a huge pinch a salt as I do with all their facts and figures (such as hospitalisations) until we get the full facts of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

You are in for a shock, 95% of people here (I live in Spain) are wearing it outdoors, in fact seems most people that aren't wearing it are foreign.

The media have done a good job of keeping the population terrified here.

My fully vaccinated inlaws are scared to leave the house because of "de delta" !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ArturoMorgan

I know. There is a paranoia in Spain with the masks because of the media. They are not journalists, they are terrorists of the information. I feel quite ashamed about the behavior of the Spanish society regarding this to be honest. I saw pictures of people wearing the mask in the beaches. 🤪

I will not wear it except for packed places or potential risks situations. Just common sense, so underrated nowadays. 

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

I'd say it's fine to use dcc in belfast as proof that you're vaccinated. But belfast will follow uk rules re red and Amber countries, so even if you're vaccinated and have proof of such, you may be subject to tests or quarentine in line with the uk restrictions...depending on where you're flying from

Yes, upload them and just reload / print your boarding card

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Grey Fox

Does anyone know the situation for travel to the USA? I've read the various websites but can't find a clear answer online as to whether people from Ireland are being admitted. I'd like to visit family out there asap.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Still closed to EU travellers. Diplomatic efforts to get them to open up but not there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I saw your man Glynn said yesterday that Pfizer plus 7 days is advised but what is in the regulation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

Hey there guys

just a quick question about Portugal

I got my second phizer appointment scheduled on 30 th july and going to Porto via rynair on 7 th of august.

Is hse card is enough to enter portugal or i need to do antigen test?

The dfa website says you will need an antigen test within 48 hours before the flight or 72 hours for a PCR, if you don’t have a DCC.

Im just assuming you won’t have a DCC as you will only be 7 days post vaccine not 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ThingsSeen

Hey there, will be travelling from Belfast to Spain with Jet2, and a bit confused about whether Jet2 will accept my EU covid cert? Any recent experiences please. I know I will need antigen test on way back, but also wondering how to avoid having to book Day 2 test on return. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Fully vaxxed is only 7 days for Pfizer, OP should have their DCC by then and will be able to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SushiLover31

Hi, I'm going to Ibiza next Tuesday. Now, I'm planning on travelling to Liverpool from Sunday to Monday. As far as I know I only need to be fully vaccinated and to have a travel locator form for each destination. My question is does being in England one day before affect my travels to ibiza??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mermaidhair

Has anyone requested an early 2nd dose vaccine appt from the HSE (25 days fter 1st instead of 28) I want to be fully vaccinated before I fly. Also can I fly on the morning of the 14th day? Or do I have to wait till the 15th day to be fully vaccd. Its the Moderna vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kapu

My wife did. They ignored it. She got it through local GP 21 days after first dose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

I'm now 28 days and still not received my second dose appointment, I've rang the helpline and they said they will only escalate once you are are 28 days plus 5, I know lots getting called on day 25/26

Advertisement