Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

as opposed to Now Ye're Talkin'

This is desktop when on the home page, opera browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Saw that earlier couldn't remember if it was ye're or you're 😄

Attachments on posts from before the migration not showing in lots of threads, has this been reported or is it known?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I am getting loads of notifications of new posts on RicherSounds but see no way of leaving the thread like Unscribe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Where there's a list of threads, like on the homepage etc., the time of the last posts is GMT, not BST

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

I think you mean IST 😉

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

This is kindof an improvement on the other way. When you posted to a thread, it took one to the end of the thead, and you had to wind back to where you where reading, now the new post initially appears on same page as you were reading, but new messages still appear at the end, as will also your reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Didn't know we had our own name for it. 😀

Should have just said Standard Time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's far too easy to accidentally post a blank post.

On mobile, when I click on Post Comment, the post goes up, but I'm left looking at the bottom of the comment box, with the Post Comment button still there and lit up in blue. I've lost count of the number of times I've just automatically hit it again, because I think I haven't hit it properly the first time.

And then you can't delete the blank post (and I've been reported for spam for at least one of them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Here's a related one. A couple of post above, I said this: "At least this should wean a lot of people (me!) off the compulsion to continually check in to Boards. It's just too much of a pain in the arse now!".

Then I realised that the thread title said "no griping", so I went to delete the post. Turns out you can't delete the entire post, just the text within it. Or at least that's what it looks like to me. So: big empty post there...

Post edited by Grolschevik on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Might I suggest Boards get Bugherd installed for registered users - would be far easier to act on the bugs, and you'd be able to see the greater pain points suffered by all users.

Mobile - forum count on first page is right at the bottom so you need to scroll down the first page of posts to get to the <1 2 3> section to pick the last page. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Re your last point..... I think there's a post/page count at the bottom of the first post (or it was there at one stage, why there i have no idea!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Somavar

Before the upgrade I could add links to a reply. After the upgrade it’s saying I can’t. Can you fix this?

It may be because you only have a tiny amount of posts.

On the old siet I think you had to have more than 15 before you could posts links. If I recall, thats been increased to 50 posts as they started getting a lot of spam links being posted and the mod tools aren't sorted yet to clean them up fast enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,515 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When a post (Post A) quotes another post (Post B) in reply, but that post (Post B) was already quoting a post (Post C), Post C remains in Post B even when B is being quoted by A - so you cannot readily see what A is actually replying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Has the "search this forum" functionality disappeared. Used to find that handy with the old forum.

Also Boards has got very slow for me on the laptop.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭thesandeman

@Boards.ie: Mark When I came for a look tonight it appears there there already is a thread just like I wanted (it needs cleaning up).

I only found it I was made to login again for some reason and it appeared on my home page.

You and the others may not be aware of it.

I don't know how to link to it but I'll supply a screenshot.

With a bit of help and editing from your side it might make things easier for members of my demographic to understand and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭thesandeman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭archfi

Post latest update:

• (desktop) times still out by 1 hour on any list page view ie, My Bookmarks, old frontpage, discussions etc
    • (desktop) every list view - no sort options
    • (desktop) (cosmetic) profile - font/whole look is huge, still looks like awful
    • (desktop) profile - no links to poster's posts, liked posts etc
    • (desktop) notifcations - cannot dismiss/mark all read doesn't work
    • (desktop) navigation - still completely borked on every page/view - dropdown/breadcrumbs/jump to's/pagers - on some forums pager completely inactive
    • (desktop) follow/sub to forums - still no way to do this
    • (desktop) mark all read unavailable for threads/forums

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

in amongst all the other problems, the new site is noticeably slower than the old one (Chrome on MacOS).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Mobile site

1. Favourite threads.... when you click a new post notification on favourite threads it doesn't bring you to the new posts it brings you to top of the page.

2. Can't find favourite forums? Have to go to search bar everytime. Could put it quick links?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Mobile site

3. To start a new thread on a forum I have to scroll to the bottom of the page, very inconvenient.

4. It took me way way too long to get back to this thread to find to my post. I couldn't find my recent posts (not autosaved to favourites like before). I tried clicking "activity" because it's so prominent but that is nothing to do with anything useful or personal to me. I tried typing "feedback" in the search and got no results for this forum. I had to go through "Categories" and scroll through very small text to eventually pick out this forum again!!!!! Surely there is an easier way!!

Thanks for the opportunity to give feedback. I really like the site otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭archfi

Latest possible bork: Mods merging threads

Are merging threads working properly?

Posted in 'Vaccine side effects' thread, thread merged as 'Merged: Fatigue after second vaccine', now two threads showing.

Original has correct post count and last poster, Merged thread is saying 1 post (mine) which doesn't appear on either thread btw yet that thread too has full amount of posts.

My comment appears on my comments section of mobile site (desktop I can't view my comments) but is actually not there.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement