Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Blah blah RINO, blah blah blah witch hunt, blah blah blah fake news.

Change the record ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"Liz Cheney has been stripped of her leadership roles by the GOP and is a confirmed Trump hater. "

Confirmed how? By voting with him almost 100% of the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I think you really do need to change your name as it should be completely obtuse.

In the first sentence, you stated, "So Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is barring any Trump allies from sitting on a committee investigating the January 6th Capitol protest." This is completely incorrect and you know it. She rejected 2 of the 5 that were put forward and then the GOP pulled their participation so it is substantially different from the "Any" you mentioned.

I am actually surprised you responded as you normally shut down when you get called out on your BS.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm sorry but you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that you have issues with liars. I mean, you can pretend all you like and say the words that you say but their meaning contrasted with your endless fluffery of Trump doesn't lend you much credibility.

Only 97% at last count if I remember correctly. Stefanic was at around 60% if memory serves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Pelosi is a bigoted hypocrite.

She is the gift that keeps on giving for the Republicans.

With her insider trading she has added another string to her bow.

Post edited by MisterAnarchy on

Bigoted against people who contributed to the capitol riots?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

If nothing else what this confirms if anyone actually needed it is that this is a cult of one.

Gaetz and MTG are about as full on Trumpites as it's possible to be , yet they lose 4 times they money they raised on a fundraising campaign.

It's got nothing to do with political viewpoint or ideology - It's a full blown Jim Jones cult around Trump.

The GOP is dead as a political institution.

They've not really cared about Politics for a good while now being only concerned with power , but Trump like everything he has ever touched will burn it to the ground before he's done.

Perversely this might actually be a better thing for the US in the long run (assuming this utterly poisoned version of the GOP is kept away from power for a few more years) in that the final implosion and collapse of the current GOP might lead to the birth of a number of smaller more correctly aligned parties leading to actual choice for more voters , it might also precipitate a bit of a break up in the Democratic party as well.

The "Big Tent" Party idea just doesn't work.

I mean if a "Centre GOP" party - Fiscal conservative but without the Xenophobia, misogyny etc. was to emerge I could absolutely see a Manchin type potentially moving there etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No you're getting it wrong. Because if you apply the current Republican rhetoric, it's the police at fault for crimes committed, not the perpetrators themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You are correct... I misspoke. I wanted to, and should have, said 'some' instead of 'any.' Because 'any' was incorrect on my part. Pelosi is rejecting some members selected by the GOP from the committee, that are Equivalent on the GOP side to some on the Democrats side she has put on the committee. My bad.

And I responded to you because you seemed to want to partake in debate rather than resort to boorish childish personal attacks like others (that were on a function no longer available with the board update) and who deserve no response. But I see you now have also fallen into the rabbit hole. You could have just said I was wrong and explained why and not sunk to what you did, which would have been admirable.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

"And I responded to you because you seemed to want to partake in debate"

Why on Earth would someone want to have a debate with someone like you who immediately stops replying when they are shown to be objectively wrong, or who copies and pastes opinions from elsewhere to make them seem like his own opinion?

Or perhaps because there is little interest in them from the public due to the biased handmaidens of the democrats in the media having viscously demonized them on TV, in print, on the internet and social media... ad nauseam.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Honestly, can you make any statements that don't sound like incredibly biased propaganda? Before it was a range of conspiracy theories. Now you've moved onto just soundbites...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So in your world, even though everyone knows the media is biased and demonises GOP, their supporters all guillable enough to every time simply follow the discredited line.

Yet somehow, 74m were able to see through this to vote for Trump?

Which is it?

Not everyone on the right are political aficionados and merely get most of their information from the mainstream media. And Trump is a much bigger political figure then these two minor characters.

Super. I totally agree. So why did you put down the complete lack of performance of these two to the media when you acknowledge that the media don't have the hold over people that you asserted.

Could it be that this has nothing to do with the conspiracy you want to assign to it and simply that these two don't have much support outside of their narrow base?

Which is it?

I'm not sure I'm following your train of thought. These two weren't well known to republicans. The media made them out to be Public Enemies #1 and #2. Not many people donated or supported them financially because they weren't well knows and because they probably saw somewhere the media portray them as spawns of Satan.

Insider trading has you upset? Why not the Republicans who did this? It applies to everyone in Congress - who has run congress more often than not this century? Why haven't those Republicans stopped this practice?

Assigning partisan blame to a bipartisan corruption issue.

I'm sorry that causing you to be outed as a plagiarizer and a charlatan from your own posts upset you.

• Advertisement

So Double Standards Pelosi won’t allow two Republicans on the 1/6 committee because they are Trump supporters and she claims they would impact the integrity of the committee.

But she has no problem putting three extremist Trump loathing Democrats on the committee.

Her pick for chairman of the committee, Bennie Thompson. A huge proponent of the bogus theory the Trump presidential campaign colluded with Russia to win the 2016 presidential election, when all of congress already knew was based on a fake dossier paid by Hillary Clinton and the democrats to invent lies up about Trump. And in 2017 he voted to move forward articles of impeachment against Trump for reasons he already knew were based on those lies.

Adam Schiff, the top dog piece of scum in the Congressional Witch Hunt against Trump. He was not only the ranking minority on the House Intelligence Committee, he promoted the slanderous and libelous theories of the Steele dossier and lied to the American people, claiming on the floor of Congress to have proof that it was true and that there was "ample evidence of collusion in plain sight." He later had to admit it was all a lie on his part.

Jamie Raskin who challenged the certification of Ohio Electoral College results for Donald Trump in 2017 because he pushed the Russian collusion lie and was one of the earliest advocates for impeaching Trump on the basis of a bogus dossier he knew was paid to be invented by his fellow party members in Congress.

Yes, the GOP should refuse to take any part in the Trump Witch Hunt circa 2021, and initiate their won investigation to put up against the lies and fiction that will be spewed by Pelosi's Band of Bungholes.

This was your original post in response to the story that they had failed to raise funds.

Or perhaps because there is little interest in them from the public due to the biased handmaidens of the democrats in the media having viscously demonized them on TV, in print, on the internet and social media... ad nauseam.

So, is it your position that it wasn't the biased handmaidens of the democrats in the media having viscously demonized them on TV, in print, on the internet and social media or that they were not well known.

You claim that those that did know of them were made think of them as spawns of Satan, yet that very same media failed to stop 74m voting for Trump.

So either biased handmaidens of the democrats in the media have control over the thinking of people or they don't?

I see you're still copying and pasting content and trying to make us think that it's your own words.

Do you have any opinions of your own at all, or do you just spend your day Googling articles that use big words and copying them just so you can give off some faux intelligence?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Double standards? She proffered a 9/11 style commission where Republicans would have been able to seat an equal number of members.

Double standards? Did any of them engage in or lend support an insurrection?

Where did Schiff 'admit he was lying?' Even the Examiner points out, the allegations aren't false, they simply are at this stage "unsubstantiated."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So Donnie's PAC has received $75m in donations to investigate the rigged election and has spent a total of $0 investigating the rigged election? 😬

Will this be the moment his clapping seals come to their senses and realise all he cares about is lining his own pockets?????

Of course it won't 😂😂😂

No. They'll think he's smart, admire his gumption, pretend to themselves that they knew all along and continue clapping for his owning of the libs by taking money from Trump fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Like his dear leader. Notobtuse is trying to dig his way up from the hole he is in.

Its a bold strategy.

Not that hard if you're untethered from reality.

the donors wont much care, they will be dissonant to the hope that trump wins in 2024.

Trumps not breaking any laws [doing that..], and strictly speaking if he wanted to he could continue to raise cash for the GOP and hold political rallies without running for any office. Ultimately, that's what he wants, almost more than Presidential immunity: to be doted on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I don't like insider trading fullstop, it shouldnt be allowed by any member of congress.

Pelosi is a hypocrite and just as guilty as the people she calls out with her virtue signalling and holier than thou act.

Nobody likes a hypocrite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement