Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Some main dealers write the radio code, on the driver's side, under a cut out flap of floor carpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

The fog in North Clare came down around 6pm and it was a welcome cool down for the stock alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Reading 30°C in the cab of the tractor here. Very glad of the AC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Lovely white haze in the sky here over east Cavan. Keeping temperature in check, hasn’t crossed 26 so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Car thermometer says 32 here, 29 in gorta bog on the met eirann website. I think we're getting used to it. Some difference in the re-growth on the red clover vs the trad hay meadow.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Not as warm as the other says here but still 22 degrees. Was pulling ragwort for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭kk.man

If it don't rain a good drop down here we are going to be in a serious place.

I don't fancy feeding the wraps apart from the cost, the workload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was talking to 2 neighbouring dairy farmers last night. Both feeding silage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Heavy rain and thunder for the last 10 minutes, and no sign of it stopping, combines and balers have the evening off in south Kildare, and a few hailstones for good measure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭smillingsam

Nice and sunny in Waterford, not as warm as it has been the last week but still around 23 degrees out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭MfMan

Still sweltering here in N Galway, c. 30C. Wondering if the forecasted thunder showers will make it this far; imagine the effect a dash of rain would have on parched ground.

Small thundershower just now. Hoping for a good lightning show at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Bit of a cloudburst here in Clarecastle alas didnt last long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Base price

It's not quite as warm here today @ 27c. Thankfully there is a nice breeze blowing which is also keeping the feckin flies at bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Ground rock hard here with little or no growth.

Hopefully when it changes we only get light rain as a thunderstorm would just run off into the rivers before it got a chance to soak in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Biblical like rain and thunder here for the last hour in North Clare.

Downpour, thunder, lightning, what's not to like 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tileman

Thunder and lightning and only a small shower of rain here. Just when I was unloading round bales into shed. Dry now sgain. Only enough to keep the dust down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭White Clover

The thunder might hopefully keep the weather settled.

• Advertisement

Never before saw the likes of the down pour, or heard such a long never ending peal of thunder. It started so suddenly, the tree branches swirling crazily about. The poor cat managed to run under the car for shelter, then dashing under the car nearest the front door, opened the door for him, he was terrifed. Hopefully that will clear the air. It's nice and cool now, the rain was badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

The 40 bags of cement that I had bought yesterday that I had left uncovered on the trailer 🤦‍♂️

They should be OK - PIL bags - plastic insulating layer between the 6 layer sacks. Get them into shed - spaced out

Could be worse, you could be the owner of the yellow mini with the sunroof open during the deluge 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

We haven’t had a single spit of rain from the 6th June. This farm is split between heavy clay ground and light ground over limestone higher up. Heavy ground is just about starting to run out of steam and the light ground is burnt to a crisp. I baled silage 5 weeks ago and sowed it, there’s not 5cm of grass on it. Never seen me as badly off for aftergrass. Only for the sea mists in the morning I doubt I’d even have that. Funnily enough stock are still thriving well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Grueller

I saw the same here in 2018. Stock hadn't a blade of grass but lay in the heat all day chewing the cud and thrived as well as any year. I put it down to every blade they ate being high dm and no energy being burnt walking or for heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A very muggy overcast day here. No rain yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Grueller

Biblical downpour here. Sitting in the help waiting for it to die off so I can get out and load cattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Dozer1

lovely rain here yesterday evening and into this morning in Limerick badly wanted rivers really quite low and they were warning of water shortages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

Lots of rain here In south tipp yesterday evening and raining again this morning.

Advertisement