Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Now we have torrential rain , if I was on my own here I'd go for a walk in it tbh .

If it comes here I'm stripping down to my jocks and sitting on a chair in my backyard

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In the bed in a state of complete undress...reading a novel and my iPad propped up on my chest and very warm with the fan on (my bedroom is South-west facing so is a sun trap) - loving the heatwave - another scorcher of a day here in Dublin 7. 😎☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥

I love the sun and warm weather - but at times I wish it would be a little cooler, especially at night...

Well , did you get to sit out for all the world to see ?😜

I hit flag instead of quote on your post first , sorry!

Yeah, I'm getting a 1 week ban...I'm appealing it now!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

No rain here, yet, Mam. I have the camera drone on standby for the first rain drop, lens set to extra zoom.

I think there's to be more rain during the night , you might be lucky yet !

It's lovely and cool here now , no fan on , windows and doors open , bliss..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stood in torrential rain earlier, in work now, the relief of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I can sniff rain in the air, if you know what I mean. Bringing in the two lines of washing I have out.

• Advertisement

Aye Sardi , I do . Great drying weather though !

Speaking of washing , highlight of the evening is two loads on the airer in the greenhouse 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Refreshingly cool here, no rain or thunder and lightning yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Enjoyed the weather earlier, the relief of that break. Incoming less broken sleep hopefully 😃

26° at the moment, the weather is supposed to break tomorrow evening..will be funny to see rain again

It was beautiful to see. I am not a heat + humidity creature

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Are ya getting a ban for telling us about your nudey bits?!

I'm with MO4, that's no kind of talk around ladies like us.

To thine own self be true

Before downtime kicks in, catch ye all later!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Night Grem. We'll probably be back up and running by Monday 🤭

To thine own self be true

Hopefully it's just down for the time promised 😊

• Advertisement

It's working for me now anyways...had to log back in

Same here, just glad it's not downtime!. Happy once i can post my inane drivel here, gives my OH a break 🙄

I can't get too specific, but I've gotten very sick of peoples attitude to covid recently...a party I was invited to, one group were going to come even though one of their number had covid.. "sure the rest of us are all vaccinated" ...and another gathering last night....a couple's adult son is positive.. living at home..and parents were saying they were going to the party...of course I didn't go to the gatherings....I have no intention of getting sick for other people's stupidity.

Supposedly Tralee has one of the lowest covid cases in the country....I think it's due to the fact that people just don't give a shiny shíte anymore and aren't getting tested......and breathe!!

It's poxy, i see there's a mass protest in an australian city going on and many seem decide to be getting decidedly blase about safety both of themselves and others as you described by those things you experienced, imo we'll be damn lucky not to have another locakdown this year, i always felt it would be next year before we could lighten up at all.

Tbh Grem, I cant see this delta variant leading to a lockdown... Leo already said he expects 4000 cases a day and a couple of hundred hospitalisations...that's won't be a huge stress on the HSE...so no lockdown...but there's talk of a new variant developing in England B.1.621 is it's sexy moniker....there's always a chance that a new variant will be vaccine resistant & the that's the fear for me....

Exactly, we're not fighting it cohesively so resistant variants are the obvious danger.. Frustrating and I for one am tired and jaded but still cautious as I can be..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Rome was fun, some great pizza and beer, and very few masks in sight. But thanks to the champion league final it looks like they will introduce a requirement to prove that you are vaccinated in order to enter indoor restaurants, bars etc on the 6th Aug.

Strange thing is that you cannot add a tip to any card payment, I literally paid for everything using apply pay as I had no Euros, and it was impossible to tip anyone, felt kinda guilty.

Sitting here eating left over Italian pizza, it is so so good.

Leftover pizza never sounded so tempting!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lying in my hotel room with a glorious cool breeze coming through the window.

• Advertisement

The vaccines are our greatest weapon in this pandemic. I overheard 2 people talking recently about not feeling comfortable with outdoor dining. As is their right and I understand all about fear.

Coronavirus will be endemic in this country. We have to learn to live with it though and to trust in science and the amazing vaccines.We have 1300 cases a day yet society is partly open. That is because of the vaccines so another lockdown is highly highly unlikely.

This isn't 2020 it's 2021, and as Paul Reid said the Delta variant is our last (emphasis on last) big challenge.

Advertisement