Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Treppen

My GPU is due to run out 27th.
    I have to let it expire to do the gold+ultimate top up trick.

Has anyone let their gamepass expire?
    Does it cancel your rewards points or pause them or anything I should know about?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Treppen wrote: »
    My GPU is due to run out 27th.
    I have to let it expire to do the gold+ultimate top up trick.

Has anyone let their gamepass expire?
    Does it cancel your rewards points or pause them or anything I should know about?

I don't think it should affect your rewards points as they aren't gamepass rewards they're microsoft rewards, you just wont be able to do the quests anymore I think.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I had a rewards balance long before I ever had a game pass sub.

Double rewards for quests this month but not sure if it will be UK/US only like it has been in the past. I'd suspect not given it's part of the 20th anniversary thing they have going on this year but we'll see later on I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think it should affect your rewards points as they aren't gamepass rewards they're microsoft rewards, you just wont be able to do the quests anymore I think.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I had a rewards balance long before I ever had a game pass sub.

I think I got a 5 year rewards bonus in the last few months (not that I knew much about it before last year). My game pass is only about 2 years in so that would definitely tie in with the bolded

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Don't suppose we'd get the 6,000 points for MS Flight Sim just by playing it through Game Pass? 😁

• Advertisement

Worth a shot

Tomorrow, I'll unlock a bonus 2,500 for a 50 week streak!

Time sure flies when your busy earning points 😀

I'm actually struggling for two quick achievements to get this week's streak, not had time go looking.

Also how bad is the new site? Getting here was a pain in the hoop and then I wasn't sure how to get to the newest post

Killer instinct : just win a round of survival classic with any character. U can play it on Android touch.

Day of the tentacle is very small game to load onto PC/Laptop then use Welsh Hunter walkthrough.

Yes, new site is pants. I have to use desktop version on phone.

Weekly treasure is there now as is a punch card for 500 points for getting an achievement in one of ten selected games. We've seen that one recently enough I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

Any ideas on a quick achievement for this one?

It's too hot today to put much effort into it 😩

State of Decay 2 maybe, theres one for searching 10 containers, Forza Horizon 4 you get one for arriving at the festival site so 10 minutes to get that one maybe.Be sure to activate the punchcard first, I forgot and and to look for another one. All the games are xcloud enabled so no need to waste time installing them.

ChickenPossible recommends ME: Andromeda. There's an achievement for doing the multiplayer tutorial 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZaC3RBiksM

Thanks for the help lads.. also there's loading up Halo Reach from the Halo Master Chief Collection on the mobile app.. and clicking on the right stick while its loading up for an easy achievement.

This also seems to save you from downloading the enormous 150gb game

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

Anyone with Halo MCC can just go into Reach and into Forge World Map.....achievement pops up after 5 seconds of running around the hanger

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What achievement is that? not sure if I have it already or not.

Just seen this now, it's called "I'm Sorry, Dave"

Thanks, I do indeed already have it. I ended up doing the andromeda multiplayer tutorial one instead, just did it on the phone through the cloud. Very handy.

Thanks for the response, apologies for the late reply but the site is so bad now I've kinda stopped using it, it takes too much effort to get where you want.

Anyway, I've done all the Killer instinct characters. Not sure what the next achievements are on that game - there looks to be a gazillion to get so I expect there are lots more simple ones. So I went for the motor cycle cousin of Day of the Tentacle (which I can't remember the name of) and got 2 achievements after watching the 2nd cut scene. I then saw the 500 point challenge so went for Halo CE and wasted 3 achievements on the first level.

For killer instinct; You've done:

all the player Vs CPU achievements

.....AND ....

Get each character to level 3 in player Vs CPU achievement

....AND....

Win one survival classic with every character achievements??

That's at least 60 achievements!

Full throttle is the name of the game, just look up Welsh Hunter walkthrough

Post edited by Treppen on

• Advertisement

Another easy one for the 500 points is death by shark in GTA V.

It's called Out of Your Depth and only takes a few minutes.

Head towards the pier with the amusements. On the left hand side, under the pier, at the waterfront is a bunch of jet-ski's and a speed boat. Take the boat and head west. If you spot a red blip on the map at any time, that'll be a shark. If not, just keep heading west until the games edge barrier event kicks in. This will kill your engine and your boat will start to sink. Get out of the boat and a shark will have spawned nearby. He might play with you for a few pass by's, but then he'll attack and kill you!

Gruesome stuff and only worth 5G, but you'll get 500 reward points for it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

went online after doing the andromeda to get the 500, then saw the weekly treasure so that was a handy 650 this morning

nope, it seems there is more life to Killer Instinct - although I'm on Lv5 with Jago and I don't remember getting any additional achievement after the first win.

If you go to true achievements you should have unlocked the "Stylish Jago" achievement. Here's the guide...

Colors for each character unlock at Level 3, so go into Survival or any of the fight modes and win 2 or 3 matches, preferably doing some of the fight challenges associated with each character.

Maybe skip that achievement mode and go into survival classic, you only need one fight for each of those achievements also.

Just checked and I have over 100 achievements from killer instinct but I did the Shadow campaign for a bit too

Golf with friends has a good few easy ones like let the time run out on your shot, or whack the ball out of the course.

If you have PC/laptop with windows win 10

100pts

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/dashboard/ENIE_PCXBOX_punchcard_PCGamePass2021_pcparent

Also these can be doubled up on Pc if you've got one.

I'm always looking for easy achievements for the daily ones

Didn't get credit for that one, might get on to them later.

Day of the tentacle is easy with Welsh Hunter walkthrough, bout 50 achievements to be had. It's barely any size so even on an old laptop it'd run fine, like Full Throttle

• Advertisement

There's a quick completion guide for Game Pass games on true achievements. It shows you the games on GP that can be done in a few hours for all achievements. I've been using it for ages to pick the next game for daily achievements 😁

They update it as games rotate in and out of GP too, so it's always up to date 👍

Advertisement