Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

I do think this is doing a great job at Illustrating the stupidly dangerous stuff that Rogan is pushing as fact. Basically nonsense that would generally be confined to the conspiracy forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

glasso wrote: »
    so we're talking about vaccine outcome tracking being carefully tracked and you switch it over to Covid death rate under 50 which I never said anything about being carefully tracked :confused::confused::confused:

that's jokeshop level argumentation really m8

covid death rate under 50 is certainly very low but should the vaccine programme is about reducing the incidence of Covid spread and population immunity levels in the entire population (so the world can go back to normal) as well as eliminating deaths from Covid - but I'm sure that you know that...

Covid has killed millions of people worldwide and ground the world to a halt - vaccines are the way out and not Ivermectin

The outcome of the covid vaccination is unknown.
    Once gain, you can't compare Covid death rate with Vaccine death rate because one id debatable and the other one is unknown

I do think this is doing a great job at Illustrating the stupidly dangerous stuff that Rogan is pushing as fact. Basically nonsense that would generally be confined to the conspiracy forum.

Not only Joe rogan isnt pushing anything as a fact.

You are here trying to convince others that credible biologists are clueless compared to random boards posters

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    The outcome of the covid vaccination is unknown.
    Once gain, you can't compare Covid death rate with Vaccine death rate because one id debatable and the other one is unknown

Well we know for a fact that hospitalisations are dropping from the vaccination. We also know for a fact that countries are happy to pull vaccines if they have any concerns about side effects. So basically no, there's no indication of some sudden increased death rate from the covid vaccine.
    Not only Joe rogan isnt pushing anything as a fact.

You are here trying to convince others that credible biologists are clueless compared to random boards posters

But we shouldn't trust the scientists who are actively doing the research and say more research is needed? You're relying on an argument from authority but ignoring the actual research. It's also a tad telling of Rogan's perspective that he isn't willing to put anyone on to contest the view...

it's hard not to keep coming back to this quote really

https://twitter.com/marklazerus/status/1387110774586421250?lang=en

• Advertisement

I feel like this whole debate started because some of us (me) was saying they went off Rogan because of his nonsense opinions on covid and this debate has gone on to prove that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I feel like this whole debate started because some of us (me) was saying they went off Rogan because of his nonsense opinions on covid and this debate has gone on to prove that

More that people have lost faith in the basic credibility of the mainstream media because they saw that expediency was what drove their reporting.

A few months ago lads like yourself would be parroting the line that COVID being lab made was nothing more than a dangerous conspiracy theory. While Weinstein was pointing out that it was actually a credible theory back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭DaTown

How many 20-year-olds, with no underlining health conditions have died from covid?

Maybe lookout for the occasionally lighting strike.

Bambi wrote: »
    More that people have lost faith in the basic credibility of the mainstream media because they saw that expediency was what drove their reporting.

A few months ago lads like yourself would be parroting the line that COVID being lab made was nothing more than a dangerous conspiracy theory. While Weinstein was pointing out that it was actually a credible theory back then.

Nothing has changed regarding the lab situation. It's still speculation. It took five years for the origin of SARS to be uncovered so I think we'll be waiting a little longer to find out about covid. It is a possibility it came from a lab but I think it's more likely that it jumped species, like every other virus that ever existed. I'm sure humans will eventually be able to create a virus, but I don't think this will be the way we find out about that breakthrough. It will come from a peer reviewed paper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Bambi wrote: »

Lab made is different from escaped from a lab, which is what Weinstein has said is credible theory that needs to be investigated

• Advertisement

Well we know for a fact that hospitalisations are dropping from the vaccination. We also know for a fact that countries are happy to pull vaccines if they have any concerns about side effects. So basically no, there's no indication of some sudden increased death rate from the covid vaccine.

I never said that the vaccine isn't effective nor i said that there is a sudden increase in death rate from vaccines
    No idea where you took that from mate.
    Also, this thread is about the Joe Rogan podcast, not about Covid.
    If you dont listen to the podcast I guess you have nothing to add to the conversation, you might want to move to a Covid related thread

Back on topic

The new podcast with Colin Wright is great, they talked about the controversy of people who believe that sex isn't binary

I never said that the vaccine isn't effective nor i said that there is a sudden increase in death rate from vaccines
    No idea where you took that from mate.
    Also, this thread is about the Joe Rogan podcast, not about Covid.
    If you dont listen to the podcast I guess you have nothing to add to the conversation, you might want to move to a Covid related thread

It's pretty relevant though, he's putting people on who hold controversial opinions. But he's not balancing out the discussion at all. It's just playing to a specific audience.

It's pretty relevant though, he's putting people on who hold controversial opinions. But he's not balancing out the discussion at all. It's just playing to a specific audience.

Thank god for that, he's giving space to people who are often cancelled, misrepresented and lied about

You don't have to listen to him if you don't like him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Then again Mike your against alternative points of view as this and the GB News thread proves! No one makes you watch GB news or listen to Joe and you shouldn't be trying to stop people from listening to them just because you don't agree with them now should you?

Then again Mike your against alternative points of view as this and the GB News thread proves! No one makes you watch GB news or listen to Joe and you shouldn't be trying to stop people from listening to them just because you don't agree with them now should you?

How am I preventing anyone from listening? I'm merely stating that he platforms nonsense. But everyone is perfectly free to listen. :)

This reddit post I think perfectly sums up everything about Ivermectin.

Now I wish to get out of this rabbit hole and never return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Do you mean, you need proof of people who died or who had serious consequences after the vaccine?
    I posted one on FB a while ago and it got censored right away, it was a link to an official news outlet, not a random fake news page

What was the news outlet? Post it here

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Brackwom

One of my favorite podcasts is Edward Snowden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Kyle Kulinski is a good podcast too, #1669.

Pretty sane classical liberal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I enjoyed the recent Quintin Tarantino episode.

He was recently on with Marc Maron but the long format of JRE suited him much better I thought.

Joe Rogan New York Times piece

not a hit job I would say - might be worth a read for some

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/business/joe-rogan.html

some interesting viewpoints

humberklog wrote: »
    I enjoyed the recent Quintin Tarantino episode.

He was recently on with Marc Maron but the long format of JRE suited him much better I thought.

Was very surprised that he wasn't pulled up by the metoo types for admitting he knew Weinstein was rapey.

Was very surprised that he wasn't pulled up by the metoo types for admitting he knew Weinstein was rapey.

it was brought up but he got away fairly unscathed with a few trite comments like

"I knew enough to do more than I did"

Hey, those movies weren't going to finance themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah was a very weird part of the interview. Tarantino saying he wished he could have sat Weinstein down and tell him to stop raping women. Joe tries not to make his guests feel uncomfortable I know but really wished he had pushed Tarantino to say more than just generalities.
    Michael Pollan was interesting in a lowkey sort of way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I wouldn't call him a classic liberal at all. He's a Bernie supporter through and through. I like his videos and analytical skills. He is principled to a fault and in that regard, some of his peers could learn from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I can't read it behind a paywall, but interesting Title "He's too big to cancel" , So they want to cancel him - not surprised the NYT is an authoritarian leftist lying rag ...

Wow, what an informed comment.

"haven't read it but here's my comment."

you can read it without paying a penny - I did and tried again there - go incognito mode or create free account

and that's not what the article says at all.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Worked grand for me, I could read it. It's really badly written and is as fairly aimless as it is harmless. It doesn't do anything other than reach a word count the the journalist so desperately tries to achieve.

That's the one thing that I took from it- "word count".

• Advertisement

Advertisement