Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft flight simulator

• 17-11-2020 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Any news on this coming to xbox? It has all gone very quiet lately. It came out on pc a few months ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

ShaunC wrote: »
    Any news on this coming to xbox? It has all gone very quiet lately. It came out on pc a few months ago.

It is due to be released on Xbox in 2021, no dates yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

Really looking forward to it. One of the main reasons I went for an Xbox over a PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

topnotch wrote: »
    Really looking forward to it. One of the main reasons I went for an Xbox over a PS5.

Looking forward to it too. Had an earlier version on pc years ago.

Still no updates on the flight simulator release date.
    Are there any joystick type flight controllers available for xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I always had August in my head for series X release date and no idea why.

My pro has a USB controller for pc I would imagine it would also work on series X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Trigger wrote: »
    It is due to be released on Xbox in 2021, no dates yet though.
    The initial trailer said Summer 2021 for the new XBox (probably just meant Series, rather than XBox One) , but you never know with Covid if there are any delays

recyclops wrote: »
    I always had August in my head for series X release date and no idea why.

My pro has a USB controller for pc I would imagine it would also work on series X

Can you post a pic of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Haha that was an auto correct meant to say bro.

It's looking like July 27th on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's looking like July 27th on the xbox.
    Looks good from the footage on the Series X shown last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

What is the difference between the standard and the premium deluxe edition?

Not sure but I'm guessing it's probably a few extra aeroplanes and airports in the premium version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Wish I had the kind of money these mooks seem to think this thing is worth :pac:

https://eu.turtlebeach.com/pages/velocity-one-flight

But it does look the part:D
    I think I'll wait and see what thrustmaster offer us first.

But it does look the part:D
    I think I'll wait and see what thrustmaster offer us first.

Absolutely, I want it!!! :D

But I need to save my hard cash for the Xbox mini fridge :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I see there is some bizarre 280mb pre install available for flight sim on the store now. Very much a placeholder and presume it will start the full pre install when available. My poor series S SSD

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I see there is some bizarre 280mb pre install available for flight sim on the store now. Very much a placeholder and presume it will start the full pre install when available. My poor series S SSD

Yeah, it's just a placeholder.
    The pre-install for Forza Horizon 5 is also 280mb.
    I'm very much hoping that expansion card gets a nice price cut this year!

The hard drive is actually pathetically small when you see the size of most new game files. Even disc games get huge downloads and updates. Microsoft should be offering 5TB machines at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The hard drive is actually pathetically small when you see the size of most new game files. Even disc games get huge downloads and updates. Microsoft should be offering 5TB machines at this stage.

A 5TB ssd with the speeds of the Series X ssd, would cost more than the console :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Wish I had the kind of money these mooks seem to think this thing is worth :pac:

https://eu.turtlebeach.com/pages/velocity-one-flight
    Looks great for straightforward FS, but a joystick version would be much better for Combat FS, and separate rudder/brake pedals would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

You could always - you know - just delete and download again. I imagine anyone serious enough about their gaming to need multiple TB storage would also have a pretty decent internet connection.

I'd consider myself a fairly invested gamer. SX can do 4-5 triple A heavy hitters, half a dozen previous gen and 360 era games, and a butt tonne of smaller indie titles all at once on the SSD it comes with. That's surely enough for most people at any one time unless you're one of those proper obsessed tech heads who wants more and new just because it's an option?

There is a 95GB update for Flight simulator now. I haven't downloaded it myself yet and I'd say it won't be playable until next week. Looking forward to seeing it go live.

Yeah, best off to get the install files before it goes live, so you're ready to go 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Loads of gameplay videos on YouTube now it looks really good.

On file size, there is a 45gb portion and then another 50gb of an offline mode. I wonder if you have good internet could you delete the 50gb offline portion.

I have a series S so I'm hoping I can just do with the initial part and not the full 95gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Finally, something really special on XBox Series consoles and on GamePass day one. MS are going nuclear on this. It's really not your typical console game. Incredible flight sim and one hell of a geography lesson too.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Really lookin forward to this, all pre-downloaded and ready for 4pm tomorrow. Picked up one of the HOTAS One compatible flight sticks as well so looking forward to giving that a whirl, I tried Flight Simulator on my PC but it struggles to run it but the Xbox Series X version looks like it will be amazing, also the interface where you can looking around the cockpit with the right stick and you get all the tooltips for what the controls do should be very helpful.

So what are peoples first few destinations going to be after their own house?

Think I'm gonna try re live some of my travels around South America from many many moons ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Downloaded it last night. First time I've had to clear space on my internal drive for a new game, hopefully many more 1st party Series X games to come on gamepass now.

Advertisement