Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dead Space Remake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Super excited about this. DS2 is in my top 10 favorite games of all time. I actually played 2 before 1, and didn't have as good as an experience with 1 probably because of the unpolished controls and animations. The remake should take care of that hopefully!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dead space was poundland resident evil 4 but entertaining. Don't mind a remake. There's potential for it to be something special if they really expand on the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just hope they add more asteroid shooting levels. 😁 (Has the replacement for pacman been decided on yet from the new emojis?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Slightly disappointed its a remake, I replayed it last year in the two weeks between selling my ps4 and getting my ps5 and I would have loved a new entry in the series.

With the quality of some remakes lately im sure it'll be a day one for me. The lure of the Ishimura realised on current gen hardware will be another great gaming experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Devs were talking about it, no microtransactions or loading screens! Plus they will take features from the whole series and story elements.

So I don't think it will be just a HD remaster. But rather the original with some gameplay from the series and it expanded sections.

I'd love a longer intro before we ever see a monster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

just don’t make it the 3rd game please

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If they change some things up, I say go for it.

DS3 was a game focus-tested to oblivion. Co-op with the gruff army man with the most generic name "John Carver" and look ever, Isaac was a "badass", combat rolls, multiplayer, microtransactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I replayed this about 2 years ago on Xbox with backwards compatibility and I didn't feel it was dated at that time. I played it first on PC. I'm not sure I would like to replay it a third time. They should have just got stuck into a Dead Space 4 game and stuck with how the first game was as a guide line.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The one thing i am concerned about was i watched a DEV interview and they want to change Isaac's story a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Prefer to see a second Black

Top 3 of all time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

One of my all time favourite series, I still replay them all every few years.

I don't think it particularly needs a remake, just an upgrade to the controls and sort out the pc issues. But if it means they want a financial success so they can continue the main story I can get behind it.

And if it turns out to be a Dead Space 1.5 like the Resi 1 remake then that would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wasn't expecting to see anything so early. I assume it'll be more behind-the-scenes or concept art type stuff.

Didn't watch it, but here's the stream;

Here's a look at the graphical improvements (on a very early build, obviously). The suit isn't final either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks like an old school diving suit in its current unfinished iteration!

Just going through the video quickly.

Isaac will be voiced this time. Gunner Wright who voiced him for the sequels will be voicing him again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So weird to see them show off a game in such an early state. It's basically an admission of 'we ain't got **** to show you right now'.

Remember the E3 where they showed Star Wars and Mass Effect and it was just showing the teams at work with the occasional piece of artwork?

I assumed this early look was to temper expectations and/or gauge feedback.

We have a "release date" - January 27th, 2023.

They also added a few videos to their YT channel, including an hour long developer livestream, as well as looks at lighting, visual effects, character models etc.

Gameplay trailer coming tomorrow.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks about as straightforward a ‘remake’ / remaster as you can get. I think they’ve said there’ll be additional stuff? But outside some nice environmental effects in the trailer, can’t say I’m too enthused about another version of an alright game, especially when the original hasn’t even aged much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its weird, as i wasn't 100% sure i was watching the new version when the trailer started. Was convinced thats what it originally looked like at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I played Dead Space and Dead Space 2 twice but Dead Space 3 only once. I should really play the third again as it's on Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Im not a huge fan of Isaac talking, his silence ramped up the tension in the original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Dead Space | Reviews

VG247 - 5/5

Twinfinite - 5/5

Gamerant - 4.5/5

PSX Brasil - 95

IGN - 9

God is a Geek - 9

Game Informer - 9