Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty BO Servers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

hey

We have to machines to run unranked or ranked servers, its anybody did dedicaded server??

thx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

chrabo wrote: »
    hey

We have to machines to run unranked or ranked servers, its anybody did dedicaded server??

thx

That's not possible. The server files aren't public, and all servers must be hosted by gameservers.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Server browser needs a bit of work, seems to be limited to the number of servers you can find etc, 664 for me it would seem. Once a friend is on a server get them to invite you via the in game menu, note in game, not via steam. This worked fine for us last night.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah I could find all the servers on Tuesday morning but ever since it's been a mess.

Boards.ie server was full most of the night yet again. Think I caught a glimpse of some boardsies on, did I not? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Boards.ie Team Deathmatch server has been full all day :eek:
    There's a Boards TDM server? Gonna have to stop by later this evening, I hope there is some space :o

6 more hours until I get home... /rage

Is it normal or Hardcore?

unless they fix this lag crap out soon, i don't think i will be playing it, it sucks right now, can't do crap!!
    Have you been getting the lag on every server? Out of the 6 or 7 games I've played, there has only been two where the lag (although, it looks more like the game is playing at 5FPS, I forgot to check the pings to confirm :P) and the rest were fairly stable (apart from the odd one-second stalling happening occasionally during the game)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hey Robby, it's normal at the moment, but may switch to Hardcore soon.

If the server is full, just add me on Steam and I'll reserve a slot for you, if not join us on Teamspeak 3 on IP: ts61.gameservers.com Port: 9152 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

If the server is full, just add me on Steam and I'll reserve a slot for you, if not join us on Teamspeak 3 on IP: ts61.gameservers.com Port: 9152 :)

how do you reserver slots? i tried it but it doesn't seem to be working.

allen175 wrote: »
    how do you reserver slots? i tried it but it doesn't seem to be working.

Kick people :pac:

Kick people :pac:

haha, kinda don't want to be kicking people from the server i want them to like the server and come back.

I just put up a server message 'kicking for members, sorry if its you'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

This is getting irksome now. See a bunch of players from the group playing, but still cannot join them. None of my friends are showing up in the in-game friends list. Cannot find the server in the server browser. Tried xFire, tried adding the ip in Steam itself. Nothing is working.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    This is getting irksome now. See a bunch of players from the group playing, but still cannot join them. None of my friends are showing up in the in-game friends list. Cannot find the server in the server browser. Tried xFire, tried adding the ip in Steam itself. Nothing is working.

They can invite you, xfire is getting instant join update later this week afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Is this still worth buying? or should i just wait until a patch comes out and fixes the lag etc?

Thanks Cherryghost. I can imagine it gets annoying replying to everyone's bitching an moaning, so it's well appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

haha, kinda don't want to be kicking people from the server i want them to like the server and come back.

from what i remember on cod 4, you do it in the server config file.
    i think you need to type in their names. a google search should turn everything up :)

cherryghost, whats your server ip?
    and does anyone know if /connect works on black ops console.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    Is this still worth buying? or should i just wait until a patch comes out and fixes the lag etc?

Wait until they patch it. Odds are if you only have a dual-core it's going to be unplayable.

Thanks Sanjuro, dunno if you remember the Call of Duty 4 launch, it's vaguely similar tbh :(
    At the moment, /connect does not work, but xfire is getting server join update in the coming days, so you can add favourite IPs to xfire. Steam really should have a join game option though.

List of Irish Black Ops servers

Boards.ie + Clans Teamspeak 3 server
    IP: ts61.gameservers.com
    Port: 9152

Boards.ie Team Deathmatch
    173.199.77.39:3074

The Irish Guard Capture the Flag
    173.199.77.211:3074

Me Inc & pYk Hardcore Team Deathmatch
    173.199.77.81:3074

Lethal Brigade Team Deathmatch
    216.155.140.194:3074

CeLTs
    They have two servers, don't know the IP, look it up on the server browser

The Fighting Irish (TFI)
    They have a Team Deathmatch server and a Search and Destroy server, again I don't have the IP

There's a few more I'm still chasing down. Mods if you can, can you put this in the original post or on the 'About last night....' thread, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Had a quick game last night. A bit of lag at times, but overall smooth. Specs are below, and I agree that quad-core makes it smooth. Machine will be two years old this christmas.

Oh, that's great! Was half expecting that slot reservation would be for clan members (if there is a clan) or those who contribute to the server fees. Hopefully it won't be necessary but we'll wait and see, I guess.

The servers have to be found through the server browser, right? If so, are they ranked or unranked, or have I missed something? :pac:
    Well, if the server is good, surely people will come back even if they are kicked from the server because of a slot reservation.

Or else I'm just a sad b@st@rd who won't stop joining the TBGNC(?) Vs Saxton Hale server in TF2 until I get my slot :D

Everything's ranked :)

No boards.ie clan, just priority given to boards.ie members :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good stuff bringing all the servers together.
    This should be without a doubt a sticky thread,think ill pm one of the mods asking for a sticky,well maybe not the whole thread but a summary of servers like cherrys post above.

Thanks Sanjuro, dunno if you remember the Call of Duty 4 launch, it's vaguely similar tbh :(

Actually, that's good to hear. I came to COD 4 a bit late. I refused to buy it because it wasn't WW2 like COD 2. Oh, how naive I was! It took a couple of mates pestering me to get it. About 2 months after the launch, I did, and never looked back!

Well there is a server thread stickied, but tbh 99.9% of those servers are defunct now, the thread serves no purpose up there :pac:

COD4 at launch had PB issues, stuttering on Vista, mag glitches etc

just an update, the Lethal Brigade server is using a team tactical playlist, so it rotates between all the different game modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cherry,

Reserve a spot for an old BFBC2 chum will ya....PM me with ya steam details BTW.

Thanx;)

Also, it does not matter if you have a 6 core or 2 core CPU the game will stutter in some shape of form. Obviously you are better off with a higher spec machine for gaming in general, But this is not an issue with hardware.....its an optimisation issue across the board. Plus the fact that by default the game is set up not to utilise multi core CPU's. Which can be amended in the steam folder (as I said previous)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cherry,

Reserve a spot for an old BFBC2 chum will ya....PM me with ya steam details BTW.

Thanx;)

Also, it does not matter if you have a 6 core or 2 core CPU the game will stutter in some shape of form. Obviously you are better off with a higher spec machine for gaming in general, But this is not an issue with hardware.....its an optimisation issue across the board. Plus the fact that by default the game is set up not to utilise multi core CPU's. Which can be amended in the steam folder (as I said previous)
    Cherry's (along with a few other PC folks') Steam username can be found here

And about the multi-core utilisation, I thought some people here had reported that changing that config variable (usemultithreaded or something, right?) had no discernable effect on the gameplay? While it is bothersome, I'm only getting the lag issues occasionally (every 4 or 5 mins lasting for a few seconds, maybe, which is bearable for a 15-20min long game)

No worries, just give me a bell :)

So guys what do ye think of the boards server? Do we need a mode change perhaps? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its grand.....and not as laggy as one or two other IRISH servers I have been on. I would throw in a CTF and maybe a Domination mode...anything but S&D that suxxxx

Take out the NUKETOWN map off rotation its brutal.

• Advertisement

Yeah had a lot of people complaining about Nuketown, including myself. It's really awful. If the spawn points were fixed, then maybe it would be a tad better.

Also S&D rocks :( It's my favourite mode. I'll change map rotation tonight

Advertisement