Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious carry on in Barrack St.

Options
  • 18-09-2015 4:32pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

Anyone familiar with Barrack Street with probably know what I'm talking about but I'll have to word this carefully.Within sight of the Alchemy Cafe there is a house up the street where there is what i can only describe as open drug dealing going on.There is a middle aged guy who is constantly standing by the door looking up and down the street and a constant stream of dodgy looking types calling.Sometimes they go into the house with this guy and others they go down an alley running down the side of the house.Its pretty clear whats going on.Are the guards aware of this or doing anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

His family were in the news yesterday,thread on the proc about this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Are the guards aware of this or doing anything about it?

Ring them and ask or better again ask the guy at the door if the guards know what he is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deni20000

Anyone familiar with Barrack Street with probably know what I'm talking about but I'll have to word this carefully.Within sight of the Alchemy Cafe there is a house up the street where there is what i can only describe as open drug dealing going on.There is a middle aged guy who is constantly standing by the door looking up and down the street and a constant stream of dodgy looking types calling.Sometimes they go into the house with this guy and others they go down an alley running down the side of the house.Its pretty clear whats going on.Are the guards aware of this or doing anything about it?

Where the hell is Barrack St.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

deni20000 wrote: »
    Where the hell is Barrack St.?

Cork?

A couple of hundred yards away despite raids in 2013 similar events seem ongoing, of course thst raid yielded little/nothing except some thinking something was being done after a young lad pricked his finger on a syringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

OP here you go, just ask for The Drug Unit:

Anglesea Street Garda Station,
    Anglesea Street
    Cork City

+353 21 4522000

District HQ: Anglesea Street
    District HQ Tel: +353 21 4522016
    District Officer: Superintendent Thomas Myers
    Detective Superintendent: John Healy
    Regional Traffic Superintendent: Patrick Lehane
    Divisional HQ: Anglesea Street
    Divisional HQ Tel: +353 21 4522011
    Divisional Officer: Chief Superintendent Michael Finn

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Dave147 wrote: »
    If you're on about the middle aged guy with the glasses then yes I know what you're talking about. Unreal in fairness.

Yes,thats the fella.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Funkfield wrote: »
    Cork?

No flies on you lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Have seen them in action.They seem to be totally unconcerned by the fact anyone passing can see what theyre up to.Wouldn't surprise me if it was Noonans Road but Barrack Street has a good bit of footfall including a lot of tourists since they opened Elizabeth Fort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

No flies on you lad.

Well it was a fairly fuccking stupid question. Barrack Street isn't some obscure corner of Cork like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

what was he is the news for then... Don't know anything about this chap but living in Ballintemple and there is fecking constant crap going on drug dealing god knows what he is dealing, beatings and there is a lady down the village who is the local supplier guards know it all yet they do sweet f all

• Registered Users Posts: 18,032 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Milly33 wrote: »
    what was he is the news for then... Don't know anything about this chap but living in Ballintemple and there is fecking constant crap going on drug dealing god knows what he is dealing, beatings and there is a lady down the village who is the local supplier guards know it all yet they do sweet f all

Big money laundering case. Probably the most known family on the north side. I've noticed this house too as I live below it, it's a shame it's happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭sangsung

I live in Deerpark and walk past this dodgy scene fairly often. I thought they were just a rough family hanging out on the street outside their house. Never saw any deals going down, but in hindsight, yes, that's probably what was going on. Fairly dodgy looking place even in broad daylight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BSG123

Somebody told me about this thread, so I joined boards to give my input!! Glad to know it's not just me that observed this man and place, I honestly used have a laugh and a joke with my sister about this initially, as we live on Barrack St, but that was before I realised that it was real!!!! He is totally creepy, always bloody singing or whistling when he's standing at the door. [snipped]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Milly33 wrote: »

And why do you think they do nothing about it ?
    I know the answer myself but it would be nice to see others figure it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Can the landlord who owns the building be penalised for allowing the house to be used for this activity.I assume this guy is renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

And why do you think they do nothing about it ?
    I know the answer myself but it would be nice to see others figure it out.

Am clueless as to why this would be the case...any light you could throw, the dark phantom, would be helpful...

Theres another guy with him a lot who is deffo his sidekick.Large stocky fella about thirty with an oversized head ,not the brightest looking.Saw him standing at the door blocking this junkie looking lad who was about to go in then after yer man said something he let him in.Acting as muscle/bodyguard for the older guy I'd say.Also at least some of those young kids who are always there seem to be his.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Word of caution, lack of evidence could potentialy get you into trouble, just take in what you write. Nothing wrong with standing outside your door, the guy could be suffering from agriphobia!!
    If however he is doing what you all suspect he's doing, what you are implying could be used get his case dismissed, fair trial and all that sort of stuff. The gardai have to have a greater burden of proof than what you people are applying here.They may already be watching him, it may not be him they are after, there could bigger fish that they are after.
    If you feel that strongly about it go to your local Garda and complain, if they are getting lots of complaint's they'll do something about it.

This guy seems to be keeping a low profile lately.Haven't seen him standing outside the house in at least a week now or any of those kids who are normally around though when I passed today the door was ajar.Wonder did someone have a word with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭AsianIrish

well there is one house behind Heineken and I see often people whistling from downstairs and someone would come out the door and there exchange takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Heaphy was from Fair Hill/Churchfield wasn't he?

It's not him.

The guy on Barrack street is in his 30s I'd say.

sangsung wrote: »
    It's not him.

The guy on Barrack street is in his 30s I'd say.

No way,hes late 50s/early 60s.He does have a sidekick who would be early 30s alright,big stocky fella.

No way,hes late 50s/early 60s.He does have a sidekick who would be early 30s alright,big stocky fella.

Yeah, 30s, stocky fella. That's the guy I always see at the door. Never saw the auld fella.

I heard there was some hassle around there yesterday,anyone know what happened?

On the echo article about a melee machetes and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

any link?

• Advertisement

Cant find it on the echo site though neil p had a resident on this morning apparently,may be covering it tomorrow too.

Advertisement