Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on UFC 93 (17th Jan, Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I have also just heard through the grapevine that Serra Vs Hughes is on the card???????

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭starrywalsh

Dragan wrote: »
    I have also just heard through the grapevine that Serra Vs Hughes is on the card???????

Scouce?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

As much as I'd love it I don't think this is going to happen?

The grapevine? is that an MMA website? :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would think your grapevine is feeding you old information, UFC 93 was originally due to be Serra vs Hughes but Hughes is only back from injury so it was postponed, it was also due to be on in the states not here. Hughes said recently hes hoping that they will get to fight in March or April of 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Matt Hughes wrote on his website a few days ago that he's been told that he's fighting Serra in April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Fozzy wrote: »
    Matt Hughes wrote on his website a few days ago that he's been told that he's fighting Serra in April

Awesome, cheers for that Fozzy. I figured it was too good be true!

Hughes and Serra was going to be the main event but it couldnt be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Its gonna be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭rossedge

Would love to see tom on the card, hes still unbeaten and looks good!
    Dre as in Dray, is that for real?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

Are all the ringside seats gone?? Already ?? Tried ticketmaster and could'nt get any

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Got me tiks Tuesday :D Delighted went into school and told them why I was late and all.:) Can't watch tomorrow night though :( Early morning flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CKY

It probably won't completely sell out, they'll be left with the €250 tickets

i was thinking it wouldnt sell out either but ive been following it on ticketmaster and i cant get a single floor seat and when i search for 2tickets best availible there is just 3 blocks left in the very back left so its looking like this will sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Look on Ebay. No doubt loads got extra tickets to make a profit on Ebay once the event sold out. I know someone who got about 8 tickets. I think he has them on Ebay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Look on Ebay. No doubt loads got extra tickets to make a profit on Ebay once the event sold out. I know someone who got about 8 tickets. I think he has them on Ebay now.

I f*ckin hate touts!

http://www.toutless.com is a good place to buy and sell tickets for face value or less, they might have some on there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Clay Guida vs Kurt Pellegrino is going to be on the card. This should be a pretty good fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Great to see Clay Guida on the card :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From the Wrestling Observer Newsletter posted online tonight:
    The 1/17 Dublin show headlined by Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson is virtually sold out, with 7,000 paying $1.5 million and only 400 tickets left.

Get a move on lads.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Clay Guida vs Kurt Pellegrino is going to be on the card. This should be a pretty good fight.

Guida had a fight scheduled for the TUF Finale in December against Nate Diaz, but that's been cancelled because Guida got injured. So it would be odd if he were fighting in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Does anybody know if they €75 tickets have sold out? Don't think I'll be able to stretch to the €125...

• Advertisement

Does anybody know if they €75 tickets have sold out? Don't think I'll be able to stretch to the €125...

If you do a search on Ticketmaster (it's simple, you should do it yourself!) you'll find that you can get one €75 ticket, but not two. So you'd be on your own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bazza76

Hi folks.
    I may have 4 tickets for Block C - ringside for sale.
    I was a victim of impulse buying. Would I be able to get my money back on them if I didn't want to take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

bazza76 wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    I was a victim of impulse buying. Would I be able to get my money back on them if I didn't want to take them?

Thats some serious impulse buying haha Sorry already have my Ringside C tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

bazza76 wrote: »
    Hi folks.

There is a guy looking for 3 ringside tickets on this site.

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2692

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Whats the craic with the weigh in's etc on the Friday night, where can we get tickets to that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Whats the craic with the weigh in's etc on the Friday night, where can we get tickets to that ?

You don't need tickets. If you are in the UFC fight club you get into a Q&A an hour before the weigh in's, from there you get to go to the weigh in's before anyone else.

It is sold out now and it is likely the fastest sellout of all the UK & Ireland shows so far.

If you havent got a ticket yet here is your only option:
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1800415C9CA1296B?artistid=806762&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=742

rovert wrote: »
    It is sold out now and it is likely the fastest sellout of all the UK & Ireland shows so far.

If you havent got a ticket yet here is your only option:
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1800415C9CA1296B?artistid=806762&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=742

WOW, Im amazed its sold out so fast.

WOW, Im amazed its sold out so fast.

Why?

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Why?

I'm not surprised at all. First event here, where people are willing to pay the UFC's prices (something that seems to be becoming a problem for them in the US), a marquee fight (something that most of the UK events haven't had) and a brand new arena

It's also only the second UFC event in Europe since Setanta got their TV deal in June. Tickets were on sale for UFC 89 about a month after Setanta got the exclusive rights, but now that they've got a regular schedule set up I think that had to have helped ticket sales a bit for this event

Advertisement