Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATH7: Christmass Chaos!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm in if your taking requests for participants.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm in if your taking requests for participants.

usually i dont have to have set numbers because we usually get enough to do it but need a few extra to account for drop outs but if you wanna say your in here go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'll continue with my consistent failures.:) I'm in.

I'll continue with my consistent failures.:) I'm in.

good to have you back and I asure you I mark with no bias at all, wouldent say ive any real mates on the PW forum although there are people who I respect as good posters. Infact ive only ever met 1 person from this forum (Orestes) and that was only for about 20 drunken seconds at the boards beers i went to with my brother (Bard).

good to have you back and I asure you I mark with no bias at all, wouldent say ive any real mates on the PW forum although there are people who I respect as good posters. Infact ive only ever met 1 person from this forum (Orestes) and that was only for about 20 drunken seconds at the boards beers i went to with my brother (Bard).

I wasn't taking any shots there, I was just pointing out that I've never finished higher than forth.:( Christmas is spelled with one s at the end by the way.:)

• Advertisement

I wasn't taking any shots there, I was just pointing out that I've never finished higher than forth.:( Christmas is spelled with one s at the end by the way.:)
    If BH was against you before he is now :D Wise move needed to increase my chance of victory.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

explanation and rules for anyone new to ATH
    Around The Horn(ATH) is an american show on ESPN where a number of panelists/experts make arguments an a certain topic. The host awards points for each response depending on how well argued their point is, not neccesarily if he agrees with their point (although that helps) but how well they back up their argument. Obviously the winner is the person with the highest number of points at the end of the show. This format should work quite well here if anyone is interested, afterall there are a number of people here where many like to think of themselves as experts on all things wrestling related, so this is a chance to prove it.

The first of 5 topics will be posted monday and you will have two days before round two (so five days now to decide on participation and enter your first answer). If you need info on the rules check the above linkes to the previous threads, but here is a brief rundown of them:

I post a topic and you have to post your response including why you made that choice within 48hrs (before the next round begins), take care while making your responses however as other contestants can counter your arguement i.e pointing out possible flaws in what youve said.

*you can only counter an arguement once, although you can counter as many different peoples arguements as much as you want (but only once each). if someone's defense of their arguement isnt good it will count against them plus someone else might continue to question it in your place.

*You can use the same answer as a previous poster if you wish i.e you agree with their choice however its hard to win a debate when your making the same points someone has already made

each poster is marked out of 20 each round for a total of five rounds. If you miss a round (it happens) you can still submit an answer to that rounds question however because you missed the deadline in between rounds your late answer will only be marked out of 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Ill give it another shot ! . Im inconsistent, great 18 score one round 14 the next :) . Lets try keep it up ! .

P.S Yes the timing for ATH7 last time was bad, a week before Xmas is risky as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Infact ive only ever met 1 person from this forum (Orestes) and that was only for about 20 drunken seconds at the boards beers i went to with my brother (Bard).

I remember that! We talked about the Hardy brothers while out having a smoke! It was a lot less embarassing than when I met Bubs at a beers though tbh:

Me: Hey man, who are you on boards?
    Him: Bubs101, you?
    Me: I know you, you post on the Pro Wrestling forum! I post there sometimes, you probably don't know me though. I'm orestes
    Him: Hang on, you're the Lance Storm draft-pick guy?!
    Me: Ah fukk.........

Anyway, on-topic, I shan't be entering (considering the above that's hardly surprising :P) but best of luck to all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'm in. Exams are over and I've a hankering for writing essays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wait, so its just a debate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Wait, so its just a debate?

What did you think it was?

I don't know if I can commit the time, but we'll see. I'll try keep my answers shorter :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'll be in anyway ....

Okay nice easy one with many different possibilities where everyone is likely to have atleast a slightly different answer to start us off.

---
    ATH:Round 1
    Q.If the WWE were to fire/release 5 wrestlers in the next few days, and you were asked to choose who was for the chop, who would you remove from the roster? and why did you choose these people instead of other possible choices available to you?
    ---

Remember there are 2days to enter Round 1 (and the game) and you can always enter late and just get a bit marked down for it (although were usually lenient in the first round for late entry) so Round 2 will probably start at around 2.00 on Wednesday then depending on how replies are going Rd2 might be 3days considering its Christmass eve, day and St Stephens day7.

Any question suggestions for later rounds are always gladley recieved and used 90% of the time if not more, so if anyone not participating and wants to see a particular Question/s PM me them.

good luck

Fine question BH. Here are my choices :

Paul Burchill
    In a way I feel like Paul has been a victim of bad creative decisions from WWE. But then again he isn't the only one. Paul hasn't really done anything of note since intoducing Katie Lea. He isn't a great technical wrestler by any means but he has just enough talent to keep his job for a few more weeks til WWE decide to lower the payroll. Unfortunately if WWE really want Nigel McGuiness badly enough they have a barrier in their way as WWE are not going to want two English wrestlers with the same bland persona. If Paul were to get a great gimmick like a wrestler who genuinly wants to murder his opponents. He would have to hit them with steel chairs etc. This would not be worth the effort if WWE history is to serve us correctly. I'm pretty sure that Burchill would get a job in TNA or still make a fair few bob on the indy circuit.

Jillian Hall
    Jillian is the single worst female performer in the company. She is using a ****ty gimmick that didn't get ever a year and a half ago. She is a horrible wrestler technically and she is a danger to her fellow colleagues. She also makes it harder to tell the difference between some Divas with the same hair colour. She looks exactly like Natalya Neidhart. Her selling is also abysmal. Unlike some people I don't mind seeing people lose their jobs when they are unable to perform to a certain standard especially after being in the company for four years.

Ricky Ortiz
    The novelty has worn off him completley. He is boring to watch in the ring and cuts a brutal promo. He is the reason Carlito had to braid his hair that time. For that reason he should be fired alone.

Hawkins and Ryder
    I think the novelty has also worn off these guys. When Christian and Tomko come back from TNA and a suspected injury (Tomko) there will be no point in having these guys in the WWE unless they turn heel and are massively over as a tag team. I don't have as much ill-feeling towards these guys as I do for the previous choices because these guys actuallu served a purpose and they did their job well so they should be given respect as Tag Team Champs. They are just going to be props in La Familla if they were to stay. Good luck to them anyways.

Other Nominees that failed to make the cut...

DH Smith
    He ****ed up so early into his push which shows he has the intelligence of a retarded duck. Luckily for him he still has one thing going for him, The Legacy.

Michael Cole
    I hate him so much. He thinks he is a great announcer but he fails miserably. The only reason I think he is in the job is because Pat Petterson touched him in a bad place. :D

Bam Neely
    When Tomko comes back there will be no place for Bam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Fine question BH. Here are my choices :

Paul Burchill
    In a way I feel like Paul has been a victim of bad creative decisions from WWE. But then again he isn't the only one. Paul hasn't really done anything of note since intoducing Katie Lea. He isn't a great technical wrestler by any means but he has just enough talent to keep his job for a few more weeks til WWE decide to lower the payroll. Unfortunately if WWE really want Nigel McGuiness badly enough they have a barrier in their way as WWE are not going to want two English wrestlers with the same bland persona. If Paul were to get a great gimmick like a wrestler who genuinly wants to murder his opponents. He would have to hit them with steel chairs etc. This would not be worth the effort if WWE history is to serve us correctly. I'm pretty sure that Burchill would get a job in TNA or still make a fair few bob on the indy circuit.

Jillian Hall
    Jillian is the single worst female performer in the company. She is using a ****ty gimmick that didn't get ever a year and a half ago. She is a horrible wrestler technically and she is a danger to her fellow colleagues. She also makes it harder to tell the difference between some Divas with the same hair colour. She looks exactly like Natalya Neidhart. Her selling is also abysmal. Unlike some people I don't mind seeing people lose their jobs when they are unable to perform to a certain standard especially after being in the company for four years.

Ricky Ortiz
    The novelty has worn off him completley. He is boring to watch in the ring and cuts a brutal promo. He is the reason Carlito had to braid his hair that time. For that reason he should be fired alone.

Hawkins and Ryder
    I think the novelty has also worn off these guys. When Christian and Tomko come back from TNA and a suspected injury (Tomko) there will be no point in having these guys in the WWE unless they turn heel and are massively over as a tag team. I don't have as much ill-feeling towards these guys as I do for the previous choices because these guys actuallu served a purpose and they did their job well so they should be given respect as Tag Team Champs. They are just going to be props in La Familla if they were to stay. Good luck to them anyways.

Other Nominees that failed to make the cut...

DH Smith
    He ****ed up so early into his push which shows he has the intelligence of a retarded duck. Luckily for him he still has one thing going for him, The Legacy.

Michael Cole
    I hate him so much. He thinks he is a great announcer but he fails miserably. The only reason I think he is in the job is because Pat Petterson touched him in a bad place. :D

Bam Neely
    When Tomko comes back there will be no place for Bam.

You have got to be kidding about Jillian Hall..You obviously dont have a clue of anything outside of the televised WWE..In OVW she was class..In WWE she hasnt been given a chance yet..She is a very good wrestler..Probably just behine Mickie James and Glamazon..It annoys me when people talk like they have a clue..but really they dont..Oh also..Her gimmick is hugely over with the fans..They absolutely love booing it as they should..She is a heel you know..Doing her job well on the mic imo...RANT OVER

If you have ever seen anything outside WWE on the indies you would see my point. You probably haven't seen any female Japanese wrestlers either. Please know what your talking about before you criticize others please.

Q.If the WWE were to fire/release 5 wrestlers in the next few days, and you were asked to choose who was for the chop, who would you remove from the roster? and why did you choose these people instead of other possible choices available to you?

TiffanyI haven't a clue what she is meant to do but all I know is that she is god awful at it. She messes up so many segments and in a company that is falling down with useless women, she's top of my list. (For those of you who don't know her she's Teddy Long's assistant on ECW)

D-Lo Brown I was so happy and nostalgic when I heard he was coming back, turns out nostalgia is a lie. He has been useless since returning, the high point being getting pinned by Santino by missing his own move. With Goldust back the room for the attitude era throwback has gone

Bam NeelyNot so much because Tomko will take his place (Ezequile Jackson arguably has already), more so because he doesn't have one at all. Bad in the ring, bad gimmick, paired with Chavo who couldn't be any less over. If the two were competing in the tag division I'd consider keeping Bam but Chavo is just being jobbed out to Vickie so Bam is sitting on his ass

Hardcore Holly The guy is a dick. Everyone knows it but he's been around for ever, until recently. Hasn't even been on T.V. since Priceless were formed and having two guys who are just going to beat the ****e out of the kids is not good for a roster, especially since Hardcore offers nothing (whereas JBL is great on the mic). WWE think so little of him they didn't even give him an angle with Priceless

Candice Michelle Before her injury Candice had a lot going for her. She was hot, improving in the ring and had a good entrance. Now she is not only plain as **** (not Diva quality anymore) and just a danger in the ring but she also has the most earpiercing music in the history of the company. There is nothing good about her. If a male wrestler let his physique go so much he would be gone instantly, the Divas should be held to the same standard

So close
    Paul Burchill He can't really work the WWE style but what saved him is the impending debut of the british Christopher Daniels on Smackdown who said he'd be bringing a flock with him. Burchill would be a good fit and he still has a good look

Hawkins and Ryder Edge geeks saved only because the tag division is in a bad state with little other options and they made Khali look great on their last TV performance.

Boogeyman and Hornswaggle Jokes have gotten old but Boogey is just back so we'll se what they'll do and I'd rather not cut Horney when he has the Cruiserweight title

You have got to be kidding about Jillian Hall..You obviously dont have a clue of anything outside of the televised WWE..In OVW she was class..In WWE she hasnt been given a chance yet..She is a very good wrestler..Probably just behine Mickie James and Glamazon..It annoys me when people talk like they have a clue..but really they dont..Oh also..Her gimmick is hugely over with the fans..They absolutely love booing it as they should..She is a heel you know..Doing her job well on the mic imo...RANT OVER

I would like to ask that unless your participating (hopefully you will be) you avoid countering peoples posts as that wouldent be fair on those who take the time to answer the questions.

ill use this opportunity to say a few things:

that I have been contacted by a mod who hopes not to have to delete/edit posts in this thread but if people cant stay on topic or start arguing over scoring etc i will have to pass on info to the mods so that thhe thread/game runs smoothly for everyone else.

as always I am happy to take Question reccomendations via PM, sometimes its hard to come up with questions that can have a number of argueably most correct answers and if anyone can think of a good ATH type Question id be happy to use it

and remember people (you can take this as a helpfull hint if you want) it might not be the smartest to just name the people you like least to fire/release as there might be people on the rosters that offer far less to the company as a whole than those who may annoy you when on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I would like to ask that unless your participating (hopefully you will be) you avoid countering peoples posts as that wouldent be fair on those who take the time to answer the questions.

ill use this opportunity to say a few things:

that I have been contacted by a mod who hopes not to have to delete/edit posts in this thread but if people cant stay on topic or start arguing over scoring etc i will have to pass on info to the mods so that the thread/game runs smoothly for everyone else.

Bounty Hunter is running this thing, so it's under his rules. If he asks you to stay on topic or anything, please do so. I'm taking a back-seat on this one, and will perform any edits/deletes of posts that Bounty Hunter asks me to. Effectively, he's pretty much the mod of this thread (with my full backing) please follow his suggestions in this thread as such.

• Advertisement

1. Goldust. Goldust works best as the disturbing, sexual predator he first started out as. But with wwe’s pg friendly remit, he is reduced to a comedy character, a widow twanky for the wrestling pantomime. The character is, at best, stale, and if allowed to stay will do nothing more than make up the numbers on raw.

2. D-Lo Brown. I am down with the brown. Unfortunately the creative talents in wwe don’t seem to be. Since his return he has done nothing of note. D-Lo’s time has come and gone, he no longer can add to the show, except to remind us of a talent wasted.

3. Hardcore Holly. In moving Holly to Raw last year, WWE really dropped the ball. On ECW he could have been considered a contender, and had even managed to get over with the fans after an epic fight with RVD at the end of 06. On ECW Holly’s strengths were well utilised, on Raw his weaknesses (a complete lack of charisma) were highlighted by being put in an awkward partnership with rookie Cody Rhodes. When he split finally came, nobody really cared.

4. Tommy Dreamer. Like Brown, his time has come and gone. Little more than a holdover from the “Real” Ecw, dreamer worth has diminished after every loss he suffers, and there have been a lot of losses. The role for teaching younger performers should be taken up by Finlay. At least a victory over Finlay still means something to a young wrestler.

5. Hacksaw Jim Duggan. It has been about 15 years since Duggan was in his prime. WWE brought in several wrestlers from the Hogan era, including Duggan, Tatanka, and Road Warrior Animal. Duggan is the only one left. But it is hard to see why he has not been let go yet. Unlike Flair he was never a great worker, and was never a world champion. The nostalgia trip Duggan brought on his return has ended, and I think it is time to let him go.

I chose these 5 over other wrestlers because I think they have all passed that window of opportunity where they could really make a splash in the WWE.
    I decided against throwing younger wrestlers as I believe a lot of them can still make a big name for themselves and improve the shows they're on given a bit of time and experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Hope its alright if I enter

1) Manu - Brings nothing to Legacy except a worse off Umaga, has very little ability in the ring and even less on the mic. He also ruins the whole look of the legacy group as they are all young, fit looking guys and then Manu looks like he had to much pies and has been given a job because he is homeless. Has hardly won a match either since he arrived. If he is just removed from legacy he will then but just seen as Umaga V.2 and will eventually be let go anyway so just get it done quicker and save some money.

2) Mike Knox - About as much talent as Snitsky, firing of this chap would result in internet fans cheering for weeks. Also gonna tie up Evan Bourne when he comes back but Evan should be wrestling someone higher up and with a bit of talent.

3) Mr. Kennedy - Slightly controversial one but I really see no need for him on the roster. He isn't the best promo wise besides repeating his name and is pretty shocking in the ring to say the least. Nobody knows if he is a face or a heel and nobody has given a crap about him since he ruined his chance of being Vince's illegitamite child. Fails the Wellness and makes himself look so foolish and makes the company look bad by giving out about people who take drugs and then weeks later failing the wellness. Constantly injured as well (See drugs) taking up roster space and when he comes back will get little of a reception. Just let him go and try get a career in Hollywood.... or McDonalds, just let him go.

4) Hornswoggle - Novelty wore off ages ago. Ruined a perfectly good illegitamite son angle that lasted a whole 3 weeks. Now is apparently Finlay's son? Makes very little sense. Just give him a pat on the back and send him on his away and let Finlay get back to being an intimidating heel rather than an old man attempting to be a comedy character. Could also lead to the Cruiserweight title being reinstated when he leaves as well.

5) Hardcore Holly - Nothing for him and is only putting fear into newcomers with his over stiff work. Just let him go and watch an influx of new wrestlers come in

Reganio 2 wrote: »

1) Manu - Brings nothing to Legacy except a worse off Umaga, has very little ability in the ring and even less on the mic. He also ruins the whole look of the legacy group as they are all young, fit looking guys and then Manu looks like he had to much pies and has been given a job because he is homeless. Has hardly won a match either since he arrived. If he is just removed from legacy he will then but just seen as Umaga V.2 and will eventually be let go anyway so just get it done quicker and save some money.

2) Mike Knox - About as much talent as Snitsky, firing of this chap would result in internet fans cheering for weeks. Also gonna tie up Evan Bourne when he comes back but Evan should be wrestling someone higher up and with a bit of talent.

3) Mr. Kennedy - Slightly controversial one but I really see no need for him on the roster. He isn't the best promo wise besides repeating his name and is pretty shocking in the ring to say the least. Nobody knows if he is a face or a heel and nobody has given a crap about him since he ruined his chance of being Vince's illegitamite child. Fails the Wellness and makes himself look so foolish and makes the company look bad by giving out about people who take drugs and then weeks later failing the wellness. Constantly injured as well (See drugs) taking up roster space and when he comes back will get little of a reception. Just let him go and try get a career in Hollywood.... or McDonalds, just let him go.

So you would release 1 third of the premier stable on Raw, the man they are now pushing as a monster heel who'd doing his job well and has gotten decent reviews from Meltzer and Alvarez and most ridiculously, you would release the star of a DVD you are releasing before it comes out who also happens to be over, especially the name repeating thing. Releasing Kennedy would be insane.......

Insane
    :cool:

Yes I am. Manu is 1/3 of it but get Snucka in get DH Smith both would be better options that Manu.

Knox I don't believe is a good wrestler. How many times have we seen a monster heel to be pushed for 3 weeks then dropped. Just look at the majority of people WWE have fired.

Kennedy, yes I know he has the film out but I would also fire him as it will create some controveersy around the film rather than like every other WWE film having it bomb, it will create a media stir and get some publicity for the film

Yeah good debating and yes I do think Deuce is better than Manu.

Regiano2 wrote:
    Hope its alright if I enter
    of course im not excluding anyone who wants to enter.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I can respond again but if I can't feel free to ask me to delete BH.

You think Deuce is better than Manu???????????????

You are wrong

yeah you can only respond once to someone else's arguement as otherwise the thread would just become people argueing of points in their original posts.

of course im not excluding anyone who wants to enter.
    Cheers
    yeah you can only respond once to someone else's arguement as otherwise the thread would just become people argueing of points in their original posts.
    Especially a crappy one like that. I mean come on at least give reasons why you think he is better.

Snucka is not a bad wrestler just needs a gimmick. Unfortunatly Deuce was a crap gimmick and he is always going to have that over his head.

4 in so far and Machismo fan and Danger Dave who also said they would be in, anyone else is welcome and despite what i said when i posted the first question you will probably have till around 5pm (not 2) tommorow before the 2nd Question is posted and Rd2 begins to enter (plus i always allow a bit of leeway in the 1st rd) as ill have to do some last minute shopping early tommorow.

Bubs and Regiano have obviously started it but this might be a question where questioning someone elses selection (answer) might be more useful than normal i.e how could you warrant firing mr X, they hardly offer more than Mr Y or Mr Z.

edit: still kinda holding out hope that KKV enters tooo as he had been calling himself the ATH7 champion and thus could be his chance to make that a reality (although he has since changed it to ATH6.5 champ)... might PM him

1. Hardcore Holly: He no longer add anything to the company. At his age he is well past his average prime and now only exists to pick on younger wrestlers.

2. Boogeyman: I've never seen any reason to keep this guy around. All he does is waste precious TV time that could for something with any potential whatsoever.

3 Bam Neely: He is a complete waste of space. He adds absolutely nothing and really does nothing. I don't even know if he's officially split from Chavo and if he did, that went nowhere very, very fast. He has no charisma, little talent and zero lasting appeal.

4. Mike Knox: He is just a Snitsky waiting to happen. The only reason anybody cares about him is 'cause he's attacking Rey Mysterio and that will upset the kiddies. He does not have the presence required for the kind of monster heel role that he has. Once he is finished with Mysterio he will go onto either jobbing to someone above him (actually isn't that what he's going to do with Mysterio) or smashing jobbers to absolutely no reaction whatsoever.

5. Paul Burchill: Unfortunately Burchill has nothing in the charisma department, not even a drop. He's another person WWE just lost interest in and was thrown to side and it was probably the right decision. Without the C4 he has nothing else going for him.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but, in my opinion, Kennedy is a man that WWE should not even go near getting rid of. He is the type to go to TNA and become a mega-star or stay in WWE and become a credible main-eventer. He has the charisma and enough ability to possibly become a champion if he stays fit and healthy. Add that to the fact that he has a killer catchphrase which the live crowd loves and will sell a fair bit of merchandise.

I'll give it a whack. But my answers may be short and not well thought out, as i don't really have a lot going on in the time department (AKA i'm very lazy and willing to be a .5 champion :pac: )

Jim Duggan:
    Personally, I feel that Duggan, whilst he has a decent history with the company, is turning into more of a side show act these days, and, overall, as a performer, has very little to offer the promotion as a whole. He has been presented to fans as a light-hearted comedy act as of late, and beatings he recieves from people (Rated RKO for example) don't seem to garner much heat for the people attacking him. When a person beats him they don't look hugely impressive (as if they had beaten Hogan for example) and i feel that most fans kinda feel sympathetic about his losses. I don't think he will ever push any merchandise. I don't think, in 2008 and onwards, his name on a poster will help sell out a building, and i don't think there's a whole lot more that can be done for him creatively.

Boogeyman:
    See above arguments. Seriously though, I don't understand how the guy has remained in employment by WWE for so long. His character is 2D, his ring work is sloppy and I don't think he can be relied upon in heavy storylines because

1. Hs character is so cartoonish it doesn't allow for emotional storylines.
    2. He is ridiculously injury prone.

Mark Henry:
    After so many years in the promotion, Henry has gotten a "world" title around his waist. I think that pretty much means that its all downhill from here for the World's Larg... Strongest man. I don't mind big men wrestlers (i actually like them). When i see Big Daddy V i think of how monsterous and evil he looks. How his opponents must be terrified of him (in kayfabe land, obviously). When i look at Mark Henry, I just don't get that. He looks like a guy who is always angry for no reason, but has been defeated in so many matches (lots of high profile ones too, with Batista, Taker, etc.) that there really isn't a need to fear him. Again, I don't think he'll ever shift any merchandise and considering he's been hanging around for so long, i doubt he'll ever reach any major stardom with the company.

Tony Atlas:
    To be honest, I don't really even know what the man is supposed to offer fans. I don't care much for him as Henry's manager, although i don't really care much for Henry either these days.

The Great Khali:
    As above, I don't really understand what Khali is offering right now. We already have a menacing giant in the form of the Big Show. Big Show is also a naturally funny guy, too. He can play the role of the angry bastard brilliantly, and he can play the laughing stock fantastically, too. With Khali not being the best in the ring, and his knees deteriorating at a rapid pace these days, I don't think the guy belongs in the world's biggest wrestling promotion. If it were my decision, I'd release Khali, and he'd probably thank me for it.

There are a lot of other jabronis on the roster too though. I don't think a Val Venis replica towel will ever be selling out at events. Nor do i see DH Smith ever becoming a huge star. Mike Knox will probably be haunting AJ Styles in 2009 and Funaki is probably looking at the end of his WWE career now that he is "Kung Funaki" aswell. But if i had to pick 5 people, the five i chose are the people that i feel are personally not offering a whole lot to the company right now. Ever since WWE got bored of Snitsky, Knox had a role to fill. Kung Funaki is still pretty popular amongst some kids for the time being and most of the other wrestlers are helping out in some form. I just think that Boogeyman, Khali, Henry, Atlas and Duggan are the people offering the least at the moment.

4) Hornswoggle - Novelty wore off ages ago. Ruined a perfectly good illegitamite son angle that lasted a whole 3 weeks. Now is apparently Finlay's son? Makes very little sense. Just give him a pat on the back and send him on his away and let Finlay get back to being an intimidating heel rather than an old man attempting to be a comedy character. Could also lead to the Cruiserweight title being reinstated when he leaves as well.

I must disagree. Personally, I don't care all that much for the little man, but others (kids especially) seem to have a great amount of interest in what he gets up to. His action figure has only been released a few weeks ago and is practically impossible to find in any retail stores. With WWE aiming their product towards a younger age group, i think it would be a horrible idea to get rid of him.

The Great Khali: [/B]As above, I don't really understand what Khali is offering right now. We already have a menacing giant in the form of the Big Show. Big Show is also a naturally funny guy, too. He can play the role of the angry bastard brilliantly, and he can play the laughing stock fantastically, too. With Khali not being the best in the ring, and his knees deteriorating at a rapid pace these days, I don't think the guy belongs in the world's biggest wrestling promotion. If it were my decision, I'd release Khali, and he'd probably thank me for it.

I can think of one good reason to keep Khali ... the guy is huge business in India, the second most populous country in the world.

As business slows in America, stars of his stature from other countries are vital to help the wwe thrive and survive. Getting rid of Kahli would be getting rid of a merchandising/marketing bonanza!

I must disagree. Personally, I don't care all that much for the little man, but others (kids especially) seem to have a great amount of interest in what he gets up to. His action figure has only been released a few weeks ago and is practically impossible to find in any retail stores. With WWE aiming their product towards a younger age group, i think it would be a horrible idea to get rid of him.

Thats cause the figures are to small :D.

Current Leaderboard
    Bubs101 (18)
    Machismo Fan (18)
    Cactus Col (17)
    Little Shyte (16)
    KKV (16)
    Regiano 2 (15)
    Danger Dave (?)

---
    ATH:Round 2
    Q.If the WWE were to choose an unexpected wrestler to win this years Royal Rumble and go on to main event Wrestlemania, who should they pick in your opinion? and who would you have them face at Wrestlemania? why did you make these chhoices instead of other possibilities?
    ---

ill once again edit this post in a while with a bit of explanation of the scores, again as always id like to say im not opnipitant and cant please/agree with everyone so please lets avoid arguments about your scores in this thread as again it would just take the thread off topic and make it harder to follow.

with not as many participants this time though dont worry if maybe you dont start too well it shouldent be too hard to catch up and be competitive in later rounds.

as ive said previously i usually let a bit of leeway go in the first rd so im giving Danger Dave till the end of today if as he said he wants to enter, cos afterall he ran one of these before when i didnt have the time and should be givin the chance to compete if he can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

mvp

• Advertisement

I presume im not being penalized for round 1 answer being late ? :D . Apologies ive been flat out with work so havent been at a computer long enough for few days !

1: The Great Khali . Like all wreslters billed as Unstoppable monsters, once there defeated the novelty is over unless they have in ring talent or mic skills. The Great Khali lacks these talents. Every time his name is mentioned in a PPV match people groan ! .

2. Vladmir Kozlov . He's not liked, hes disliked . Hes boring , with no direction given to him in the first few months by the WWE. Now hes settling nicely in the Snitsky role of Monster Jobber ! .

3. Boogeyman . Many people expected him to go last year when he was drafted to ECW . However he's slipped under the radar. still gathering in a pay cheque from the WWE, Not giving anything to the WWE and has no potential.

4. D-Lo Brown : His time was 1998 . not 2008 . Weak matches, one good pop when he returned. Waste of tv time, money and story development.

5. Hacksaw Jim duggan : He's a bad wrestler now, a jobber on Afterburn . let some young devloping talent come to raw.

I have Chosen these superstars over others , because i believe they offer nothing to the WWE anymore at all . While other people such as Kennedy who may be under performing now , still has a role in the WWE.

Manu also still has potenital with a Tag team with Umaga even for a short 2 month stint on any of the brands.

Q.If the WWE were to choose an unexpected wrestler to win this years Royal Rumble and go on to main event Wrestlemania, who should they pick in your opinion? and who would you have them face at Wrestlemania? why did you make these choices instead of other possibilities?

Ted DiBiase, Jr .Its time to propel this super star in the making ! . Turn him Face. Have him come in the Rumble as a surprise entrant Number 20 ish. He runs down to the ring and orton is in the middle of the ring. They face off and start pounding each otherl. Eventually its just Dibiase jr and Orton. Dibiase eventually elimnates him. Number 1 Contender ! He's gotten revenge on the man who sidelined him ! for now.

The next two weeks see Orton attacking Dibiase. Enraging him to boiling point. Eventually out of pride and anger he agrees to a match for the number one contender at Wrestlemania ! .

Dibiase wins at No way out, giving him credibiilty going into WM. I would have him face off against John Cena ! The established heavy weight verus the new face/young gun in the top divison. Have him lose at WM. I would also work in for his long term career that he lose's at least 3 in a row at WM, with him being a face leading up to WM everytime. Have him turn in a big match during a WM match to finally win exbition match against a face. To fully establish him as the top heel for the WWE. He would proclaim to the crowd , the only way to win is to play dirty ! .

I picked Dibiase because the WWE needs new talent. Its stagnating badly . Fresh blood at the top tier is essential. I believe Dibiase is one of the few in the WWE who could push into it.

I didnt pickThe Brian kendrick because he's just not World Heavyweight Champion material in my eyes . MVP would be a good pick, but i believe Dibiase should be fast tracked into the Top tier as quickly as possible. MVP should have a title chase in the early summer not focused around a rumble/WM. He's already pushing into the title picture, no need to use the rumble for him. Unlike a Dibiase, with winning the RR will capult him as a geniune contender ! .

I could talk about more people but im all full and tired :)

like i said this round will be longer than usual and considering the days involved Christmas eve, day and St Stephens day im going to let rd 2 go till about 5 on Saturday. Hopefully the remaining rounds being on less hectic days (new years excluded of course) will run smoother.
    mvp

the whole thing is about why youve suggested a certain answer, i.e convince us MVP could be the right choice to win the rumble and go on to headline Mania and then ill add your name to the game's leaderboard and rate your answer.

and Dave im not going to mark you down although it would not be fair if you got a top score either considering when i marked rd1 i said you could have that night and that was yesterday so when i read over yours and add your score to the 1st rd scores it wont be better than those already got (not saying it would have been otherwise or anything)

plus in your second answer that i just had a very quick look at ill assume that no.1 contender match you speak of is at NWO and that WM was just a typo

Q.If the WWE were to choose an unexpected wrestler to win this years Royal Rumble and go on to main event Wrestlemania, who should they pick in your opinion? and who would you have them face at Wrestlemania? why did you make these chhoices instead of other possibilities?

Cody Rhodes

Cody Rhodes is a fantastic wrestler with great mic skills to boot. Matter of time before he goes main event so why not do it now. Have him sneak push Orton out but still keeping both heel. Have him face Triple H (Who will have won the title from Hardy by then) and say he is gonna win the title for Orton for the way HHH injured him.

Like I said its a matter of time before Rhodes makes it big why not do it with a bang. There would be a major shock if Rhodes won it and then if he beat HHH for the title people would find the WWE unpredictable again and thats when it gets the most viewers. Admitadly he won't be champion for long but 2 months and then he can go back to Raw and main event there

John Morrison.
    This is a wrestler who has truly come up through the ranks in WWE. Co-winner (along with Matt Cappotelli) of the third season of Tough Enough, he was given a delopmental contract with OVW. Since starting on smackdown in 2005 (he had a 3 month run on raw in 2004) Morrison has shown huge potential and skills. He has the charisma, the skills, and the looks to be on top for a very long time, and has often drawn comparisions to 90's HBK. A former ECW champion his career has slightly stalled due to the lack of opportunities available on ECW.

If Morrison were to win the rumble, I would have him face off against HBK at Wrestlemania, who would have won the World Heavyweight Championship at the Rumble. HBK is the most obvious wrestler, a man who can easily draw emotion from the audience, a legend. HBK has that rare ability to be able to have a decent match with almost any wrestler he faces, given a wrestler with the skills of Morrison, this could lead to a truelly epic 5 star match.

Morrison has all the raw materials to help usher in the next great era of professional wrestling, and this coud be his launching pad.

Normally I'd go with Cactus and pick Morrison all the time for this kind of question. He has everythin to make it at the top and take the HBK position. Unfortunately the timing isn't right. If Morrison wins the Rumble you're going to have to break up (or at least ignore til Backlash and potentially longer if Morrison gets the belt) the Miz and Morrison who are the greatest tag team that they've had since Edge and Christian. Splitting up the Miz and Morrison would be a poor poor decision.

As such I've had to look elsewhere for my answer and I'm going with Christian. For one, Christian winning would not weaken the image of the Rumble like Rhodes and Dibiase would (too inexperienced and haven't had much time at the company). He's a former Intercontinental and NWA champion. He would fit in with the former winners of the Rumble and maintain its status as the second biggest PPV and the most prestigious match of the year. Since he's not with the company yet it would be a massive surprise.

It would also fit into storyline. His brother and sister in law control Smackdown so could give him a slot easily. The two Hardyz are champions so you have 2 build in ready to go feuds. Since it looks like they're going with Edge vs. Hardy for the title at the Rumble Edge would have nothing to lose by putting him in the Rumble

• Advertisement

My choice for the winner of the Rumble is Randy Orton. Orton will be a good choice to face John Cena in the Main Event of Wrestlemania. The reasoning for this is that Cena v Orton would be a great match and carrying a fair bit of history. I would have said that Batista would have been the best choice a week or two ago. Circumstances change in this business and we have to move on. It would be great to be able to build a Wrestlemania main event as a Match for the Future. Orton would have a lot of wins coming into the Rumble and he has more credibility than a John Morrison.

Morrison was a good choice but I don't think WWE want to break up the best Tag Team in the WWE. Every week we see Miz and Morrison on all 3 brands. They are an important part of all brands. I personally think that Morrison has a big future ahead of him but he needs to be built up more because a Tag Teamer is not good enough credibility to Main Event Wrestlemania.
    Y2J would also be a great choice but he has only recently been feuding with Cena and I think he will be a No.1 contender again next week. I also want to see more credibility in the MITB.

My choice for the winner of the Rumble is Randy Orton..

Think were going to see are first 14 points from the game ! . How is Randy Orton as a unexpected winner of the RR. He's a proven main eventer , who will always be in the mix for the win at the RR. So dont think you answered the question there .

I'm sorry if it was a blatant choice for you but I think it would be unexpected with the likes of Undertaker, HHH, Edge , Chris Jericho , JBL , HBK , and others. I'm sorry ( not :D ) if I think some are just as big, if not bigger than Randy Orton. PM me to argue this further

Danger Dave, are you seriously suggesting giving a title shot to a man who has only wrestled a full schedule for 5 months, all of that as a tag wrestler could realistically carry the championship programme to Mania despite never having been in a singles one before. the Orton programme after the Rumble sounds interesting but he still won't have wrestled a singles programme or even many singles matches before hand so it's a massive risk.

The exact same applies to Cody Rhodes but notch on an extra few months of tag team experience

I'd have CM Punk win the Rumble. Give him very little or no build going into the Rumble except beating Regal for the IC title and a Royal Rumble spot on the Raw prior to the Rumble. He would come out somewhere between the 10-15 spot and win the Rumble shocking all in attendance. Even have Christian (if he's coming back) enter number 30 just to swerve people even more.

I'd have Punk challenge Jeff Hardy at WrestleMania for the title. Punk would first have to turn heel though. He'd do this by cutting a promo saying that the fans didn't appreciate his talents and didn't fully support his last title run and that he doesn't need them anymore.

Punk would screw Matt Hardy out of the ECW title to get to Jeff and Jeff would screw Punk out of an IC title match with Matt (which he would get as a kind of revenge after being screwed by Punk) leading to their epic main-event where Punk wins.

I think Punk has the necessary skills to be a top heel champion, he can easily wrestle more aggressively as a heel and Hardy is the perfect tool to get him over. On a good day, Punk can have an awesome match (see this weeks Raw) so I think he would do a good job and add a lot as champion and him winning the Rumble would shock people nearly as much as his first title win.

Q.If the WWE were to choose an unexpected wrestler to win this years Royal Rumble and go on to main event Wrestlemania, who should they pick in your opinion? and who would you have them face at Wrestlemania? why did you make these choices instead of other possibilities?

Ted DiBiase, Jr .Its time to propel this super star in the making ! . Turn him Face. Have him come in the Rumble as a surprise entrant Number 20 ish. He runs down to the ring and orton is in the middle of the ring. They face off and start pounding each otherl. Eventually its just Dibiase jr and Orton. Dibiase eventually elimnates him. Number 1 Contender ! He's gotten revenge on the man who sidelined him ! for now.

Ted DiBiase I would've thought is a bit too green to be given such a push. I wouldn't know if he even has the ability to carry the top title yet. He's been on TV for such a short amount of time that he hasn't proven himself at all as been ready.

Cody Rhodes

Cody Rhodes is a fantastic wrestler with great mic skills to boot. Matter of time before he goes main event so why not do it now. Have him sneak push Orton out but still keeping both heel. Have him face Triple H (Who will have won the title from Hardy by then) and say he is gonna win the title for Orton for the way HHH injured him.

Like I said its a matter of time before Rhodes makes it big why not do it with a bang. There would be a major shock if Rhodes won it and then if he beat HHH for the title people would find the WWE unpredictable again and thats when it gets the most viewers. Admitadly he won't be champion for long but 2 months and then he can go back to Raw and main event there

Same as with Ted DeBiasi, a bit too green. Hasn't been able to get over at all on his own, needs someone a bit more charismatic to do the talking. Basically not ready yet.
    Bubs101 wrote: »

Normally I'd go with Cactus and pick Morrison all the time for this kind of question. He has everythin to make it at the top and take the HBK position. Unfortunately the timing isn't right. If Morrison wins the Rumble you're going to have to break up (or at least ignore til Backlash and potentially longer if Morrison gets the belt) the Miz and Morrison who are the greatest tag team that they've had since Edge and Christian. Splitting up the Miz and Morrison would be a poor poor decision.

As such I've had to look elsewhere for my answer and I'm going with Christian. For one, Christian winning would not weaken the image of the Rumble like Rhodes and Dibiase would (too inexperienced and haven't had much time at the company). He's a former Intercontinental and NWA champion. He would fit in with the former winners of the Rumble and maintain its status as the second biggest PPV and the most prestigious match of the year. Since he's not with the company yet it would be a massive surprise.

It would also fit into storyline. His brother and sister in law control Smackdown so could give him a slot easily. The two Hardyz are champions so you have 2 build in ready to go feuds. Since it looks like they're going with Edge vs. Hardy for the title at the Rumble Edge would have nothing to lose by putting him in the Rumble

I see no reason why Miz and Morrison would have to be split up. At the moment they're competing across all three brands it seems, so at least a title win for Morrisson would help them find a home and cement them as the top team at the moment.

Biggest problem with Christian that I can see, is that we don't actually know for certain that he has signed with WWE yet!

I'd have CM Punk win the Rumble. Give him very little or no build going into the Rumble except beating Regal for the IC title and a Royal Rumble spot on the Raw prior to the Rumble. He would come out somewhere between the 10-15 spot and win the Rumble shocking all in attendance. Even have Christian (if he's coming back) enter number 30 just to swerve people even more.

I'd have Punk challenge Jeff Hardy at WrestleMania for the title. Punk would first have to turn heel though. He'd do this by cutting a promo saying that the fans didn't appreciate his talents and didn't fully support his last title run and that he doesn't need them anymore.

Punk would screw Matt Hardy out of the ECW title to get to Jeff and Jeff would screw Punk out of an IC title match with Matt (which he would get as a kind of revenge after being screwed by Punk) leading to their epic main-event where Punk wins.

I think Punk has the necessary skills to be a top heel champion, he can easily wrestle more aggressively as a heel and Hardy is the perfect tool to get him over. On a good day, Punk can have an awesome match (see this weeks Raw) so I think he would do a good job and add a lot as champion and him winning the Rumble would shock people nearly as much as his first title win.

I would have thought CM Punk isn't really very surprising, he got a hell of a push already during the year. I already see him as an inevitable rumble winner.

Cactus Col wrote: »
    I would have thought CM Punk isn't really very surprising, he got a hell of a push already during the year. I already see him as an inevitable rumble winner.

Really, I would have thought being dumped in the Tag division in a team that was never given a chance to work and then being shifted to the IC division would have killed his main-eventing WrestleMania potential. Anyway, if we took a survey of whom people thought would win the Rumble on this forum, I doubt many would say Punk, but that's my opinion.

Current Leaderboard
    Machismo Fan Rd2: (18)..... Total: (36)
    Bubs101 Rd2: (17)............. Total: (35)
    Cactus Col Rd2: (17)......... Total: (34)
    Regiano 2 Rd2: (16).......... Total: (32)
    Danger Dave Rd2: (16)...... Total: (32)
    Little Shyte Rd2: (15)........ Total: (31)
    KKV Rd2: (?).................... Total: (16)

---
    ATH:Round 3
    Q.What would you choose to main event Wrestlemania, and how would you build to this match?, why did you make your choice and why did you choose one brand over an other to main event the biggest PPV of the year?
    ---

As i did with Danger Dave (although its usually only Rd1 I show leniancy in) ill give KKV today to submit his answer then I will edit the scores.

I think most people have actually mentioned why certain answers might not be the best but ill just mention one or two (again please refrain from arguing these points as I cant always agree with everyone hopefully next rd ill think your idea is spot on)

Randy Ortan wouldent exactley be too unexpected really as i doubt many would be surprised if he won the rumble so his inclusion doesent really work even if there are argueably more established superstars in the match like Taker and HHH, Ortan still wouldent be an unexpected winner.

DiBiase and Rhodes, would def be unexpected but to headline WM they would probably still be too green and even though it would establish them as future stars i doubt too many people would be even sure either man would be ready for such a huge match.

CM Punk, Morrison and Christian would all be unexpected winners but capable of putting on a Main event match, they can also all cut promos which would be needed to build to such a big match. CM Punk was given the nod though simply because their is one minus point for both Christian and Morrison.

Morrison: either it would mean he and the Miz would have to break up as a tag team or the Miz would have to be involved in the ME storyline, which you doidnt mention in your post, that would also mean two non Main eventers involded in the main event of the biggest PPV of the year.

Christian: his would be extra unexpted because he is not currently on the WWE Roster, whoever as Col pointed out "we don't actually know for certain that he has signed with WWE yet!"

ATH:Round 3
    Q.What would you choose to main event Wrestlemania, and how would you build to this match?, why did you make your choice and why did you choose one brand over an other to main event the biggest PPV of the year?

I'm going with the simple, obvious and logical answer of Edge vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE Championship. There is the simple play off of the pre-Survivor Series attack, Edge will get to WrestleMania by winning the Royal Rumble.

After the Rumble, Edge would begin to try to get in Hardy's head by saying it was Matt who attacked him because he was jealous of all the attention Jeff was getting and he was stuck on ECW and just as Jeff began to believe Edge and doubt Matt (this would be built in tag matches where Matt accidentally hits Jeff and Jeff thinks he's doing it deliberately) Edge would swerve Jeff, hit him with a number of conchairtos and reveal himself as the attacker.

Jeff would be out until the last SmackDown! before WrestleMania where Edge is in the ring gloating over his genius plot where the lights go out and Jeff would appear with a ladder and lay out Edge before climbing the ladder and Swantoning Edge form above, then standing over him holding the belt in the air as we end SmackDown!. Edge would beat Hardy at WrestleMania for the title.

I picked this as, firstly Edge and Hardy have a previous history at WrestleMania (WrestleMania 16, WrestleMania 17 (Super Spear!!!) and WrestleMania 23 (Splash that bent the ladder in half)) which they could play off and there is already a backstory set up for this feud so a new one is not necessary. Edge and Hardy have always had good matches (see the last Saturday Nights Main Event) and if given 25 minutes they could have a classic. Plus, people love Jeff Hardy and love to hate Edge so there is guaranteed to be a good crowd reaction. I picked it over ECW for obvious reasons (C-Brand) and Cena isn't guaranteed a good reaction from the crowd which could hurt the match.

I'm out. Sorry BH but I simply don't have the time on me in the next few days nor the concerns to carry out the contest. I blame family deaths for this. I apologize to you BH but circumstances are outside my control.

Apologies,
    Little Shyte

• Advertisement
Advertisement