Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

jeffk wrote: »
    I looked and looked and ended up a Spigen Liquid Air , great reviews on it (gomobio only place in stick so hopefully none of the issues others had) none in stock and amazon want like E7 import on stuff now

Never had success putting on or having a screen protector, always got bubbles etc
    If always getting bubbles, then chances are you are not buying a good screen protector. It would be very unlikely to actually protect anything.
    A good screen protector will be for example, tempered glass, 9H hardness, not bendable and will not bubble (large bubbles when applying are easily smoothed out)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=4a+5g+tempered+glass+9H&ref=nb_sb_noss

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hhmmm?

I was thinking of getting the 4a 5g as it's a good price from Vodafone at the minute. I was asking their customer service a few questions and they said the phone is carrier locked. Also they say it has a Vodafone splash screen on startup and some Vodafone branding on the back. I'm reading here that the pixel devices come unlocked. Unsure what to think, can anyone confirm if they are branded or not?

hhmmm? wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting the 4a 5g as it's a good price from Vodafone at the minute. I was asking their customer service a few questions and they said the phone is carrier locked. Also they say it has a Vodafone splash screen on startup and some Vodafone branding on the back. I'm reading here that the pixel devices come unlocked. Unsure what to think, can anyone confirm if they are branded or not?

That is absolute nonsense. I guess reps will always waffle on as if they know more that you do!
    It's not locked or branded. I'm using one on Gomo!

That is absolute nonsense. I guess reps will always waffle on as if they know more that you do!
    It's not locked or branded. I'm using one on Gomo!

Really? That's just made my day! How do you find it?

Really? That's just made my day! How do you find it?

It's a great phone, I'm loving it. I first got the 4a for 179 but found it too small so changed to this when it dropped to 329. It's a nice upgrade on the 4a, has bigger screen, better camera, bigger battery, faster CPU. It should be compared to the pixel 5 as it shares most hardware with the 5, not sure why they named it 4a. It also gets updates a year longer than the 4a as it's this year's phone

• Advertisement

It's a great phone, I'm loving it. I first got the 4a for 179 but found it too small so changed to this when it dropped to 329. It's a nice upgrade on the 4a, has bigger screen, better camera, bigger battery, faster CPU. It should be compared to the pixel 5 as it shares most hardware with the 5, not sure why they named it 4a. It also gets updates a year longer than the 4a as it's this year's phone

Thanks for that, just ordered. Any idea how long Vodafone take to deliver?

Thanks for that, just ordered. Any idea how long Vodafone take to deliver?

You'll have it Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Any recommendations on a case for the Pixel 4a 5G?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

bromley52 wrote: »

https://www.gomibo.ie/accessory-detail/spigen-liquid-air-tpu-back-cover-google-pixel-4a-5g-black

That came up top in a lot of reviews, that's the only type of cases I've ever used

They have a Amazon shop, but was out of stock and they charge postage and import or that so think nearly doubled the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

bromley52 wrote: »

I bought a Spigen tough armor for my pixel 4a. Fantastic case, if you want the best protection. The other Spigen cases are great too if you want something slimmer. I had to get mine from Amazon.es as the UK Amazon wouldn't deliver to Ireland. Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Shpongler wrote: »
    I bought a Spigen tough armor for my pixel 4a. Fantastic case, if you want the best protection. The other Spigen cases are great too if you want something slimmer. I had to get mine from Amazon.es as the UK Amazon wouldn't deliver to Ireland. Linky

Spigen are great, a million times better than the ones you'll find in the local dodgy phone shop which tend to fall apart after a few months exposure to Irish weather.

athlone573 wrote: »
    Spigen are great, a million times better than the ones you'll find in the local dodgy phone shop which tend to fall apart after a few months exposure to Irish weather.

AliExpress etc resold for about twenty times the price to people not in the know (most fresh from phone shop and need case ASAP)

At least if you ordered them yourself you'd get about 3 cases (different colour or backup) and have change

I never had much issues (most of the time ones with click on colour parts broke off it had to cut holes for speakers) but I said for what I'm paying (plus saving) I'll go with a good case (shame I've a phone in the box a week as won't use without case)

Case arrived today so a calendar week and about three euro less than Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

jeffk wrote: »
    Case arrived today so a calendar week and about three euro less than Amazon

Hi jeffk, was it from the gomibo.ie site that you got it?

tmh106 wrote: »
    Hi jeffk, was it from the gomibo.ie site that you got it?

Yeah it was, gladly no issues that most seem to have

https://www.gomibo.ie/accessory-detail/spigen-liquid-air-tpu-back-cover-google-pixel-4a-5g-black

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone here gone from a 90/120hz screen back to a 60hz?

I'm really considering getting the 4a 5G, my Oneplus 7T has been pretty buggy since upgrading to android 11

Can anyone recommend a USB C plug for this?

I have USB C to USB C cable's that give me fast charging with car charger so know they work

Asked on Reddit and only got Amazon as option and i don't have prime so be almost the same price of a plug to post it

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I wouldn't do it, it's abit of a downgrade compared to your 7T. Unless your 7T is just simply broken and you need to buy another phone straight of way. The camera performance is exaggerated on these, the lenses are nothing special. Most decent mid range phones can give you same or better image quality, Galaxy A52 for example is the same price with a great 123 degree wide angle lense.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Does anybody have any information on the WiFi calling on the 4a. I'd find this reall useful as the reception is not great in my house on any network

• The Vodafone page is slightly unclear link . From searching I think this phone has it, can anyone confirm
    • On Vodafone anyway it is only availble on particular plans. Am getting a call back to see what's the best price plan they can offer.
    • As this is unlocked anyone know who'd offer the most competetive WiFi calling plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hg4a5g

Hi..have you received your phone? Is is carrier unlocked? n we can simply discard the sim that come along with the phone?

• Advertisement

Hi..have you received your phone? Is is carrier unlocked? n we can simply discard the sim that come along with the phone?

what to do with the sim that came along? just simply discard it..

hi..just a query regarding 4a5g. is it unlocked phone? n can we order online and collect it from the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The 4a is back on offer on VF for €199 now

Yep unlocked. Do whatever you want with the sim. Not sure what I did with it. Bin maybe.

A relative also bought one from in store yesterday - They weren't available when I was getting mine. It was also unlocked.

Thanks for reply..your relative got it for €329 right? N directly from store in Dublin or he/she has placed order online n then went to store?

Do these store guys insist of activating the sim card? As I have heard some horrible stories abt it

Thanks for reply..your relative got it for €329 right? N directly from store in Dublin or he/she has placed order online n then went to store?

Do these store guys insist of activating the sim card? As I have heard some horrible stories abt it.

Yep, €329, didn't order online, rang the store an asked if they had any in stock. Then went to the store and bought it. The sales rep was a bit pushy I believe, but relative said they would activate it at home as they were in a hurry to get back to work within that 30 mins - which was true. So left store with sim and phone. I can get full details how it went when I see them later. But if you can wait the 2-3 days, it is probably better to order online, and don't have to buy the credit.

Thanks for elaborate reply..so we have to buy the credit if we are purchasing it directly from store?

My friend will be leaving Dublin on Friday so have to get it before that .was wondering if he order today/tomorrow (Monday) will be able to get it by that time?

• Advertisement

Hi..in-store purchase or ordered through website?

If purchased from store, do they push to get a credit for the sim coming along?

And if online, how much was the delivery time?

Advertisement