We are adding another update tonight [Fri 23rd July] at 2am. Some users will experience intermittent connection issues to possible down time on the site around that time and the hour or two after. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Smart Tariff Unit Rates

Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭ SD_DRACULA

Let's compile a list of "smart tariffs" as this sounds like something everyone will need when switching suppliers

Is it just me or this is nowhere near as good as the standard night/day rate meters?

attachment.php?attachmentid=557042&stc=1&d=1624882864

The night rate is expensive enough and apparently there's also a Paek rate where it gets even more expensive.

This is for BordGais which I am currently with, using an Urban 24 hour tariff where my unit rate is 14.94c/kw (VAT inc) but I am at the end of my contract and need to probably move.

One very strange thing that I was told is that once you move to a Smart Tariff, you CAN'T EVER go back to the non-smart tariffs, i.e. the 24hr one.

There's more things to take into account, like std charges which are not the same, etc.

Absolute nonsense if you ask me as this is the whole point of the smart meter but just looks like a way to get you ripped off even more as these rates are not great at all.

Comments