Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

iLaura wrote: »
    Yet you still frequent this thread...Though I can't say much, I'm gone a year and a half and still follow a few threads and have an aul snoop in general.

My bf's dad also works in UL so I'm kept up to date with a lot of juicy gossip.

I said I was trying, not that I was succeeding. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Tree laid out in the plaza ready to go up

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

To be fair about this tree business, my memories on Facebook as far back as 2010 suggest that the tree was always lit around this date.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    To be fair about this tree business, my memories on Facebook as far back as 2010 suggest that the tree was always lit around this date.

Week 13 was just that bit earlier this year I think.

Anyone know what’s going on in the fields across from Oaklawns? Redoing pitches or some other development?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    "UL Life" apparently. Though yours are more appropriate at times.

Disclaimer: This is based on what I've been told second hand, I'm trying to detach from caring about UL stuff now that I'm gone. :P

"UL Student Life" I believe. Apparently they wanted rid of the word 'union' and this was the best solution. Sounds like some sort of magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

How long does it take to get a replacement Id card? I have an exam today but can't find my card, I must have dropped it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Umekichi wrote: »
    How long does it take to get a replacement Id card? I have an exam today but can't find my card, I must have dropped it somewhere.

They do it then and there, so less than 5 mins. Unless you're stuck in a ridiculous queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

"UL Student Life" I believe. Apparently they wanted rid of the word 'union' and this was the best solution. Sounds like some sort of magazine.

Well, when one pays a company to investigate an entity's name and image, that company really won't come back and say "hey your current name and image is correct for your purpose" now would it? There's nothing wrong with the current name and usage, and this proposed change appears to be nothing more than change for change's sake.

It may all be an exercise to move the SU to a limited company, based on the gossip I've recently overheard. Though for the life of me I cannot imagine the benefits to the student body of that. If that did happen, it may give an opportunity to cut some of the (expensive) fat from the SU hierarchy given that a few of the salaried staff seem to be superfluous since the Shop was outsourced..

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Does anyone know if the CoOp office will send out a template for your CoOp report or even any information on how to write it? All we were told is that we'd be fined if we didn't hand it in Week One of our next semester :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Menace101

Have you tried looking at the co op report guidelines page? I can't post a link boards.ie is not letting me.

TMJM96 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the CoOp office will send out a template for your CoOp report or even any information on how to write it? All we were told is that we'd be fined if we didn't hand it in Week One of our next semester :rolleyes:

IIRC they don't really give any advice on writing it apart from the guidelines. Use this page to give you your chapter headings, and just try and meet the minimum length for each.

Remember, your Co-Op report is marked Pass/Fail, so don't stress it too much. Try and put together something decent, but don't spend weeks on it.

If you're in a company where no one has been on Co-Op before (or hasn't been in a while) expect yours to be examined in more detail (we were the first to go to our company for Co-Op, and our course director spoke to us about our reports after we'd submitted them and he'd read them). If your company takes people every year, it's likely yours will just get a cursory glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Results tomorrow. Awaiting inevitable site crash.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

_meehan_ wrote:
    Results tomorrow. Awaiting inevitable site crash.

What time do they usually come out? In Ucd they always came out couple of hours before the stated time? Will it just be 12pm? So nervous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Why are they so late this year? It's always 8am :/

As long as you don't get the dreaded progression emaill from SAA, things should be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

They are so late and I'm losing my mind :(

They're out now

Can't get on to the site. I presume it's crashing for everyone? Very frustrating

What does status c mean???

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote: »
    What does status c mean???
    I'm assuming it means compulsory, I had an elective module last semester and the status for that is O, which I'm assuming means optional.

Menace101 wrote:
    I'm assuming it means compulsory, I had an elective module last semester and the status for that is O, which I'm assuming means optional.

Ahh that makes sense. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

In and Out thread snoop...
    No real gossip...
    Keep an eye out... ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Millea123

My struggle is next year living in UL & cycling to LIT every morning, anyone wanna help me out? DM i need answers is it worth it?

My struggle is next year living in UL & cycling to LIT every morning, anyone wanna help me out? DM i need answers is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Millea123 wrote: »

Use the riverbank route to get to town.

YFlyer wrote: »

Use the riverbank route to get to town.
    Thanks for the reply! Is it really worth it I need some guidance haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Thanks for the reply! Is it really worth it I need some guidance haha

Sure the route is flat for most of it. Head towards Thomond Bridge once you get off the riverbank route to town.

You be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

The sound of the building works makes the library completely unusable for getting any work done!!

• Advertisement

alroley wrote: »
    The sound of the building works makes the library completely unusable for getting any work done!!

I was just in there with the past 4 or 5 hours and found it very distracting at the start but kind of got used to it and filtered it out after a while

..either that or they just stopped drilling and hammering after a while!

Speaking of the lib, is there any definite opening date yet? Email from Des over Xmas suggested it might be closer to Summer before it’s ready.

Advertisement