Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,193 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rob Lowe 31 years sobriety today

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just checking when the NBC Upfront is scheduled for to see if we'll hear about Debris and Manifest and found this page
    https://adage.com/article/special-report-tv-upfront/tv-upfronts-and-newfronts-2021-calendar/2314171

NBC is next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The CW Expanding to 7 Nights , Adding Saturday Programs This Fall

https://tvline.com/2021/05/13/the-cw-adds-saturday-night-programming-fall-2021/

Also their Upfronts presentation happens on May 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 85,193 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If I had been shown the photo and asked who it was I would have said Pamela Anderson. There wouldn’t have been a doubt in my mind.

That looks nothing at all Lily James.

https://pagesix.com/2021/05/15/lily-james-is-dead-ringer-for-pamela-andersons-baywatch-character/

Lily as Baywatch Pam

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AT&T and Discovery are in talking about merging there entertainment assists which would be Warner Media and Discovery Networks around the world.

Warner Media were also in talks with NBCUniversal about the same thing in the last few months.

• Advertisement

AT&T and Discovery are in talking about merging there entertainment assists which would be Warner Media and Discovery Networks around the world.

Warner Media were also in talks with NBCUniversal about the same thing in the last few months.

A $43 Billion merger agreed.

Fox channel on Sky & Virgin is closing down and shows will move to Disney+ Star from June 30th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Fox channel on Sky & Virgin is closing down and shows will move to Disney+ Star from June 30th.

NCIS on Disney+?

Dick Wolf will dominate Primetime Network TV in the States next season owning 3 nights.

All 3 FBI shows will air on a Tuesday on CBS. FBI, Most Wanted & International.

All 3 Chicago shows will air on Wednesday on NBC, Fire, PD & Med.

All 3 Law & Order shows will air on Thursday Night on NBC. SVU, Organized Crimes & The new For the Defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any of you have a samsung TV, they've recently introduced TV+ with a whole pile of channels included mainly from Rakuten TV all for free with no catch (but for how long?)

• Advertisement

So who wants to be annoyed by a news article?
    https://extra.ie/2021/05/21/entertainment/movies-tv/rte-netflix-tax

• Registered Users Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who wants to be annoyed by a news article?
    https://extra.ie/2021/05/21/entertainment/movies-tv/rte-netflix-tax

Why don't they go all out and ask for tithe from everyone
    They really do have some gall with the crap RTE puts out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wonder who the 9 countries are that apparently already put tax on steaming services.

Can't say I'm impressed with what amounts to a blatant attempt to double tax the public. Hopefully the bill gets no traction but that'll depend on getting public pushback.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Screw Attack

Mr E wrote: »
    Time for a general chat thread... see how it goes. Only one rule - spoiler tags where necessary. Use your own discretion.

I was sick over Christmas, so I had a chance to catch up on a good bit of TV.

I caught up on Elementary - it has jumped a good bit in quality this year. John Noble has the power to make any show better than the sum of its parts.

I watched Jessica Jones. Really loved that show. Some weak plot elements (like
    Jessica moving in with Kilgrave - whyyyyy?
    ) but it was great overall.

Started Gravity Falls.... who says cartoons are just for kids? Very witty and the writers have a great imagination.

Finally I caught up on season 4 of Saving Hope. Again, much better this season compared to season 3.

Anyone else binge on anything over Christmas (apart from quality street and turkey?)

Rough times, I haven't watched anything in the new year. Last best show I watched was Rectify starring Aden Young, which was brilliant from start to finish. Before that, I rewatched Twin Peaks: The Return which is peak television and will almost likely never be topped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

When you finish one show and are looking at the rakes of others trying to figure out which one to start...

554483.png

Discovery, Inc. Announces "Warner Bros. Discovery" As New Name For Proposed Leading Global Entertainment Company
    The "pure play" content company will own one of the deepest libraries in the world with nearly 200,000 hours of iconic programming and will bring together over 100 of the most cherished, popular and trusted brands in the world under one global portfolio, including: HBO, Warner Bros., Discovery, DC, CNN, WB Games, Turner Sports, Cartoon Network, HGTV, Food Network, TNT, TBS, Turner Classic Movies, Wizarding World, Adult Swim, Eurosport, Magnolia, TLC, Animal Planet, ID and many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I googled more and found the answer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Miami Vice

is there anywhere i can see it? streaming? or some obscure satellite channel?

I am wondering if there are any recent series set in space that I have overlooked or not known about. From any country in any language. Other than Star Wars and and Star Trek.

The Expanse
    Kiljoys
    Dark Matter
    Mars

Anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Conan is ending this week for good and Paul Rudd rocked up inannounced to pay his respects...

If you've ever seen Rudd being interviewed by Conan before, you know you're in for a treat... :pac:

I am wondering if there are any recent series set in space that I have overlooked or not known about. From any country in any language. Other than Star Wars and and Star Trek.

The Expanse
    Kiljoys
    Dark Matter
    Mars

Anything else?

The Orville

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Expanse
    Kiljoys
    Dark Matter
    Mars

Anything else?

At first blush, try For All Mankind (alt-history show where the USSR lands on the moond first) or Raised by Wolves (dark thriller about androids raising children on a colony planet). I watched one episode of Another Life, and couldn't go on it was that bad; but obviously YMMV. Nightflyers was a 1 season wonder on Netflix, but never watched it so couldn't say if it was any good.

pixelburp wrote: »
    At first blush, try For All Mankind (alt-history show where the USSR lands on the moond first) or Raised by Wolves (dark thriller about androids raising children on a colony planet). I watched one episode of Another Life, and couldn't go on it was that bad; but obviously YMMV. Nightflyers was a 1 season wonder on Netflix, but never watched it so couldn't say if it was any good.

I keep forgetting about For All Mankind. I have said to myself “must start that tonight” so many times but something gets in the way.

I have heard of the others but not seen them yet so I can add them to my watchlist.

Cheers.

fritzelly wrote: »
    The Orville

Didn’t like that but thanks for the input.

Conan is ending this week for good and Paul Rudd rocked up inannounced to pay his respects...

If you've ever seen Rudd being interviewed by Conan before, you know you're in for a treat... :pac:

Didn't see him in the guest list for the week so was wondering how they would do it.
    Once he appeared and they were talking about the sketch, I knew it was coming.

Tonight is the TBA guest?

The Black Lightning thread seems to be dead so I figured here is the best place to ask.

Without any spoilers for the crossover itself, can someone tell me if the Black Lightning series is involved in the Crisis on Infinite Earths?

The other Arrowverse shows each have Parts 1 to 5 but Black Lightning does not - it has an episode called Earth Crisis.

I found the first two seasons were a good story but the superhero action was rubbish. This third season has a struggle to watch but I kept with it to know what the characters were up to expecting the Crisis to hit Freeland.

No connection at all in that you need to watch it

I didn't watch Black Lightning at all but just watched the episode before Crisis to see if any crossover.
    If I remember correctly, nothing really happens until near the end.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I didn't watch Black Lightning at all but just watched the episode before Crisis to see if any crossover.
    If I remember correctly, nothing really happens until near the end.
    Yeah it wasn't much just deals with alternate versions of one of the characters. The final season of Black Lightning was such a let down, the only good part was Painkiller who should have gotten the spinoff but it didn't get picked up. There was also no promotion for the show at all by The CW

Advertisement