Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Thank you all.

It is a shame because there could have been a great superhero show in there and some of the characters were very good but most was the action was dull and the occupation storyline is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

A blast from the past.

The Man from Atlantis starts on Forces TV this Saturday (12.30pm, 6pm and 1am).

I'll watch the pilot but I'm not sure how far I'll continue with the series.

brian_t wrote: »
    A blast from the past.

There are a lot of shows I loved as kid that I don’t think I could rewatch now.

I’m struggling to find the words to explain why. Maybe it is that they haven’t aged well. Like the action scenes in A-Team and Six Million Dollar Man

• Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Loved the Man from Atlantis as a kid but when I saw an episode some time back it was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A blast from the past.

It only lasted 12 episodes I think a bit like Gemini Man (I always wanted that digital watch.)

• Advertisement

It only lasted 12 episodes I think a bit like Gemini Man (I always wanted that digital watch.)

There was TV movies before the series too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forces TV can be great for older shows and the image quality is great. It's like they show remastered versions.
    Some are better quality than newer shows broadcast on Sky's non HD channels.
    I watched a few episodes of Equalizer on there.
    Also watched a few Dukes of Hazzard. Disgraceful how they treated Daisy in those episodes. She was barely in them. If I'm watching Dukes of Hazzard it needs more Daisy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

I am wondering if there are any recent series set in space that I have overlooked or not known about. From any country in any language. Other than Star Wars and and Star Trek.

The Expanse
    Kiljoys
    Dark Matter
    Mars

Anything else?

Missions a French psychological drama series set on Mars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missions_(TV_series)

This was first shown on BBC4 in 2018 and is been repeated starting on Sunday 11th July.

Missions a French psychological drama series set on Mars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missions_(TV_series)

This was first shown on BBC4 in 2018 and is been repeated starting on Sunday 11th July.

Hadn’t heard about this before so thank you.

I don’t have the BBC now but I will keep an eye out for this series. ;)

I watched Crisis on Infinite Earths last week and it ended showing DC characters from different Earths.

In the following episodes of Supergirl it is stated that there is no longer a multiverse and yet alternate characters are showing up.

Can someone explain that?

• Advertisement

Kinda Crisis spoilers
    As far as they know, the multiverse is gone, with Supergirl, Batwoman, Flash, Legends and Black Lightning supposedly on the same Earth.
    The others we saw are from the other DC series that aren't part of the Arrowverse. (Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Titans, upcoming Green Lantern)
    I read somewhere that Team Flash was meant to discover the existence of the new multiverse but with last season cut short and Cisco leaving that was probably pushed back

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Kinda Crisis spoilers
    As far as they know, the multiverse is gone, with Supergirl, Batwoman, Flash, Legends and Black Lightning supposedly on the same Earth.
    The others we saw are from the other DC series that aren't part of the Arrowverse. (Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Titans, upcoming Green Lantern)
    I read somewhere that Team Flash was meant to discover the existence of the new multiverse but with last season cut short and Cisco leaving that was probably pushed back
    Sorry I didn’t know spoiler tags would be necessary. I thought I was the last person on the planet to be so far behind.

I know they aren’t a part of the Arrowverse and that the Arrowverse is all one now but they showed clips of the various shows both before the were erased and after the reboot of creation so I assumed all the various Earths shown at the end during Stephen Amell’s narration meant he rebooted them all.

Having Lex Luthor as the big threat again is great shoving in these multiverse refugees is weak.

On a separate note, it was a bit much that Oliver removed ALL crime from Star City both in the present and the future. And yet did not eliminate either the threat of Leviathan or the occupation of Freeland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Smallville Vet Allison Mack Sentenced to 3 Years in Prison for Her Role in NXIVM Sex Cult

https://tvline.com/2021/06/30/allison-mack-prison-sentence-nxivm-jail-time/

Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Conviction Overturned; Judge Orders His Immediate Release

https://tvline.com/2021/06/30/bill-cosby-sentence-overturned-prison-release-sexual-assault/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Conviction Overturned; Judge Orders His Immediate Release

https://tvline.com/2021/06/30/bill-cosby-sentence-overturned-prison-release-sexual-assault/

The law is an ass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Smallville Vet Allison Mack Sentenced to 3 Years in Prison for Her Role in NXIVM Sex Cult

https://tvline.com/2021/06/30/allison-mack-prison-sentence-nxivm-jail-time/

Nicki Clyne (BSG) was her wife, she is quite vocal on social media. The whole NXIVM things seems like such a mess, I don't really want get into the weeds of it.

Nicki Clyne (BSG) was her wife, she is quite vocal on social media. The whole NXIVM things seems like such a mess, I don't really want get into the weeds of it.

I only know the barest details but it is all very strange as I only know Mack from her character in Smallville (never seen an interview or her in another role) so can’t imagine Chloe being involved in this kind of thing.

In The Flash season 6 post-Crisis, why is Eobard Thawne inside Nash Wells with the other Wells brainwaves?

Cisco and Caitlin said that all the multiverse Wells now inhabit Nash’s mind (they haven’t bothered to explain how) when the multiverse collapsed.

But why is Reverse-Flash in there? He lived on Earth-1. And season 5 ended with Reverse-Flash on the loose.

It is like they used this “possession” plotline to find a way to bring Thawne back to life … but he wasn’t dead.

Or have I missed something?

The top 10 paid at the BBC.

Gary Lineker: £1,360,000- £1,364,999
    Zoe Ball: £1,130,000-£1,134,999
    Steve Wright: £465,000-£469,999
    Huw Edwards: £425,000- £429,999
    Fiona Bruce: £405,000-£409,999
    Stephen Nolan: £405,000-£409,999
    Lauren Laverne: £395,000-£399,999
    Vanessa Feltz: £390,000-£394,999
    Alan Shearer: £390,000-£394,999
    Scott Mills: £375,000-£379,999

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ball is worth her money, Lineker could be replaced with almost anyone.

Graham Norton and Claudia Winkleman are paid a lot that those on the list but the BBC pay them through there commercial business BBC Studios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Here's an extract from a 1975 TV show called Sorting It Out, on WMAQ-TV (NBC) in Chicago. The presenter went on to become rather famous as a TV actress a few years later, though she's almost unrecognisable here:
    Shelley Long with her natural hair colour

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    Here's an extract from a 1975 TV show called Sorting It Out, on WMAQ-TV (NBC) in Chicago. The presenter went on to become rather famous as a TV actress a few years later, though she's almost unrecognisable here:
    Shelley Long with her natural hair colour

Not hard to recognise at all. Took a few seconds because of the picture quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Had to google half them. Could replace all no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Indeed. And Stephen Nolan ? Stephen Fukking Nolan ? Seriously ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So who is watching the Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony? It has been very good so far. I was watching on RTE but as soon as they went to a break that was that I went to BBC One.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Sean Peen won't return to the set of the series Gaslit unless all cast and crew get mandatory vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The Heart of Saturday Night? I hope Tom Waits sues RTE.

🙈🙉🙊

Seeing that Slasher series available on netflix being an anthology series, I was wondering are there different terms for the 2 different types of anthology series? Like we have American Horror Story which has a different story each season then we have something like Twilight Zone which is a different story each episode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

10 Cloverfield Lane director, Dan Trachtenberg, is attached to a Waterworld show for an as-yet streaming service. Mad stuff;

• Advertisement

Seeing the trailer for the Doogie Howser remake, it made me think since they seem to always remake popular series, is there any series you thought was good in concept but was not a good watch that should get a second shot?

Advertisement