Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Only a matter of hours before the official time opens. Hardly that much of a queue jump.

You should chase down any other under 35's that jumped the gun if you're that exercised by it. Them registering ahead of me pushes me down the queue too. You want a separate rule for me but not them. Blame the system not me

Ah now some whataboutery.

I can’t post what I want, I’ll get banned so good luck, hopefully you’ll get what you want with all the effort you’re putting in for yourself to be treated better than everyone else following the simple rules. You must be super important.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MadsFi

a-non wrote: »
    Can I ask what pharmacy? Would like to see can I get an appointment quicker

It's Whelans in Dunlavin (thanks to another poster here for the tip) but they have a post up on their facebook from Friday to say they are completely booked out. Someone mentioned earlier that boots have had some cancelations that pop up on their booking portal from time to time so that might be your best bet. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

Ah now some whataboutery.

I can’t post what I want, I’ll get banned so good luck, hopefully you’ll get what you want with all the effort you’re putting in for yourself to be treated better than everyone else following the simple rules. You must be super important.

Yeha don't let the truth get in the way and all that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Can we get back on topic please, thread is getting bogged down by petty arguing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

MVC: Galway racecourse
    Text: 6th July
    Apt 1: 10th July
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Still waiting for notification text for second vaccine? have phoned helpline a number of times over the last 2 weeks, apparently it's been "escalated" but still no text, anyone else having a delay with second jab?

2 people who work with me, that got their first vaccination 2 week after me (they are 5 years younger than me) received texts for second vac today in the same centre I was vaccinated in, as I still hadn't received my text I called the helpline for the 6th time! and to my surprise she verbally allocated a vaccination date(at a different centre), no text and online portal wasn't updated, but 90 minutes later received text and portal also updated, so I suspect it's a case of the squeaky wheel gets the oil / vacination date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Ficheall wrote: »
    MVC: Galway racecourse
    Apt 1: 10th July

Did you just register today or did you register with the 35-39 group but your year of birth allowed it through?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

cintec wrote: »
    I only got tested in City west so i assumed it was the same for receiving the vaccine.

My main question is around the Aviva stadium and if parking is available on site.

According to the hse website:

Parking Information
    The car park is just past the stadium on the left-hand side. Cost: €2 an hour. Parking is limited so please remove your car after your appointment to free up spaces for other people with vaccination appointments after you. There is additional parking in the Ballsbridge Hotel , Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, D04 D687. Cost € 2 for two hours. Parking is limited so please remove your car after your appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelladoo

Anyone yet in the helix get a second appointment with 1st 7 or 8th of June?
    Cheers,
    Mick

I’m waiting on 2nd appt - first was 6th June and nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

xboxdad wrote: »
    The Helix seems completely blocked from doing 2nd Pfizer doses.
    My wife is now fully vaccinated (Aviva). I got my 1st shot 2 days after her and I don't even have a 2nd appt yet.

I'd love to hear some good news from someone that they got a 2nd Pfizer appt to the Helix finally.

First jab on 4th of June. Second jab tomorrow so it is moving, just slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

First jab (moderna) was on the 17th of June. Second jab on Tuesday next the 13th. Text received this afternoon.

So 26 days between. Wife had first dose a week before me but is getting her second dose just the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Did you just register today or did you register with the 35-39 group but your year of birth allowed it through?
    The latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭micks_address

First jab on 4th of June. Second jab tomorrow so it is moving, just slowly.

Hope for my wife so before Saturday. She got her first June 7th helix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

According to the hse website:

Parking Information
    The car park is just past the stadium on the left-hand side. Cost: €2 an hour. Parking is limited so please remove your car after your appointment to free up spaces for other people with vaccination appointments after you. There is additional parking in the Ballsbridge Hotel , Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, D04 D687. Cost € 2 for two hours. Parking is limited so please remove your car after your appointment.

I can confirm the Aviva parking is very handy for the vaccine, it's underground and has tonnes of spaces, there can be a bit of a queue at the ticket machines to pay on the way out but couldn't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭micks_address

pm1977x wrote: »
    I can confirm the Aviva parking is very handy for the vaccine, it's underground and has tonnes of spaces, there can be a bit of a queue at the ticket machines to pay on the way out but couldn't fault it.

You have to pay for parking? Car park is free at the helix with barriers open

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

Hope for my wife so before Saturday. She got her first June 7th helix

My wife got her jab on the 6th and still waiting. I am expecting to get an appointment soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Area: South Co. Dublin
    Appointment 1 received: 06/07/2021
    Appointment 1 date: 16/07/2021
    Brand: Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)
    Venue: UCD Vaccination Centre (CVC)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

MVC: Aviva
    Apt 1: 11th July

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

:

...Plus they have separated the groups but yet their registration is subsequently a free for all and nothing like that breakdown you posted.

Not a free for all btw. The HSE simply ask people to register by YOB to avoid overloading the system. Same as with all previous cohorts. It won't stop you registering before your DOB when it opens - but there's no advantage either. Trust me on this - entire family have gone the system. There are some regional variations with supply which may mean some people of the same age may get their appointments earlier. From registration to appointments is detailed as up to 3 weeks on the system.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

roarlad wrote: »
    Area: South Co. Dublin
    Appointment 1 received: 06/07/2021
    Appointment 1 date: 16/07/2021
    Brand: Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)
    Venue: UCD Vaccination Centre (CVC)

Wow, looks like they are sending out appointment texts way earlier now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

spockety wrote: »
    Wow, looks like they are sending out appointment texts way earlier now

Martin did say people registering for 30-34 would be getting an appointment in the coming days - easily interpretable as in the getting the date, not that the date would be soon. So that does seem to be happening.

Jaysus you and your first world problems are desperate! I don’t know how you cope! I certainly couldn’t deal with how tough your life is.

Oh wait, I’ve been wanting to get vaccinated and travel open up so I can get over to England to collect my Dads ashes, where he died from cancer last year, because he couldn’t get treatment because of Covid.

Get some perspective ffs.
    Sorry to hear about your father. I lost an uncle I was close to a few months ago due to the same issues. It was just awful. I didn't think it would affect me as much as it has but it hit me really hard. I hope you'll be ok, take care of yourself.

45, Waterford, second Pfizer shot today. Can't remember when I registered but it was all plain sailing from registration to appoint via the hub from the get go. Glad to be sorted. Best of luck to everyone just getting started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mcgiw

Attended the medical questionnaire online without any hassle. Vaccination went on as scheduled. Waiting for the vaccine cert by email. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Hi all welcome back.

In the time that we were away I got my second vaccine appointment and got my jab yesterday.

40 year old in enniscorthy Pfizer jab.

All my friends in early 40s got text for second jab too in coming days so they really have speed up I think. Looks like when boards were down they were working faster so I can only conclude all the HSE are on boards :p

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

Dublin 15

First jab 6th June Pfizer

Second Jab 13th July Pfizer

Got done in the new place near Swords but never got a text so make sure you all keep checking the portal

Happy to be done now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Oh yeah and the girl that vaccinated me said she doesn't know why they are sending out text to ask people to answer the questions as the vaccinator is obliged legally to ask same questions on the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Dublin 16

First vax: June 24th UCD

Second appt: July 19th UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I got my first Pfizer vaccine on Saturday in Fairyhouse Racecourse,34 Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

33 (1988)

Dublin 13

First vaccine dose Pfizer

Wednesday 21st July, Aviva Stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Second Dose on July 19th

Pfizer

Punchestown

Advertisement