Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭crushproof

retalivity wrote: »
    Aaaaannnnd hes gone, permabanned without even one tip. Disappointing.

Sigh, had my fingers crossed he'd dip in with some tips. Sorely sorely missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

anybody looking at below:

Ilika
    S4Capital
    Halma

I'm liking these but feeling they are a bit rich at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

cc87 wrote: »
    For everyone else living in hope for 4D, another very positive article here about Blautix
    https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/comment/microbiome-targeting-pipeline-immunological-indications/

Up 7% today and the US markets are closed, I wonder will there be a reaction tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

cronos wrote: »
    Tempting if it dips big. Apple are a big shareholder so guessing it's not a lukin coffee

The problem is that China gov can step in and make random decisions that will hugely affect their performance and/or even what they are capable of delivering and/or how they operate going forward etc. That's why I agree, until further notice I'll stay away from Chinese companies, even including Alibaba...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    The problem is that China gov can step in and make random decisions that will hugely affect their performance and/or even what they are capable of delivering and/or how they operate going forward etc. That's why I agree, until further notice I'll stay away from Chinese companies, even including Alibaba...

All sorts of rumours about it now
    https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/chinese-regulators-suggested-didi-delay-203918361.html

Gov telling them not to list in the US and starting a cybersec investigation two days after they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

iAcesHigh wrote: »

It's risk reward for me. If it's on a massive discount it's worthy of consideration still. But It would have to hit $10 a share for me. It would also be a small position circa 1%. The 22% down it is currently isn't enough for me yet. But if it dip's a good bit further I'll consider it. It probably won't dip that far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

weemcd wrote: »
    Up 7% today and the US markets are closed, I wonder will there be a reaction tomorrow?

Seems to be holding up so far today. Be interesting to see will it keep these gains over the next few days or give them up again. It does look like they are slowly ramping up PR though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Cielo hit new ATH. Lot of momentum behind it now. Limit order set up on it to catch the next dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Bacchus wrote: »
    Cielo hit new ATH. Lot of momentum behind it now. Limit order set up on it to catch the next dip.

Fair play whoever suggested it 1st here, it was another company I was happy to grab 1000shares in based purely on the boards.ie expert speculation 2months back ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

cc87 wrote: »
    Seems to be holding up so far today. Be interesting to see will it keep these gains over the next few days or give them up again. It does look like they are slowly ramping up PR though

London exchange down but up 4% on LBPS pre-market, all eyes on the open on the NASDQ.

I'm very long on this one though, I don't know why I check it so bloody much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

They say 90% lose money in their first year of investing. I started in Jan 2020 - gained 10% in the first month then dropped 25% in march. As of this very minute, I have officially broken even for the first time since March of last year!!

Never have I been more delighted to gain €0

Edit: For your information, Amazon was the cause of and solution to most of my problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭crushproof

bfa1509 wrote: »
    They say 90% lose money in their first year of investing. I started in Jan 2020 - gained 10% in the first month then dropped 25% in march. As of this very minute, I have officially broken even for the first time since March of last year!!

Good to hear, I was up 21% and plummeted to -30% after some silly buys. At -11% now, slowly climbing back up. Got caught up in the EV and SPAC buzz which was my demise. Stuck with some rotten stocks!

Bacchus wrote: »

And back down to €0.88. I didn't expect as strong a pull back (Cielo always pulls back as the day goes on) so ended up catching a falling knife. Ah well, I still think there are higher highs and higher lows to come.
    bfa1509 wrote: »

Taking my work stock out of the equation, I'm 6 months in and about 5% up. Each of my biggest mistakes have been as a result of following a hot tip or stock without understanding the company. I held tough in March/April but I did trim some of cr*p last month. My best stocks have been boring, no hidden gems... the likes of NET, CRWD, IAG (sold when I was up about 50%). C36 and EXTR are the only two "shot in the dark" stocks that have come good for me, and both of those were in my comfort areas (green and Cloud) so I felt good about them long term. I'm long green/electric and those stocks are on a slow and (un)steady climb. I've just 5 losers in my portfolio now but I understand them and I feel they will turn around, unlike the others that I just FOMO'd on.

Averaged down on UI Path again to bring my BEP to 67.1

Hope to see a turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

ANVS finally breaks 100 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Nice dips in Volkswagen and Unum for hungry buyers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Sold 20% of my portfolio last week, some stocks I didn't want to sell but some were ATH and felt it's time to cash in, waiting in the weeds for some value over the next few weeks/months.

treatyman wrote: »
    Sold 20% of my portfolio last week, some stocks I didn't want to sell but some were ATH and felt it's time to cash in, waiting in the weeds for some value over the next few weeks/months.

Big sale on Chinese tech if you dare.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

cronos wrote: »
    Big sale on Chinese tech if you dare.

With the amount of Chinese government interference currently, would be have to be daft. Even if the price seems so good, the risk currently far out weighs the reward. The Chinese government can fine these companies or prevent mergers such as the DOYU one just in the last few days. Not to mention what they did after the IPO on DIDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Go AMZN go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Go AMZN go!

Funny you say that, was worried last week about a market correction this week so moved 50% of my portfolio into amazon bit risky but that it was a safer strategy and up almost 5% since friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Funny you say that, was worried last week about a market correction this week so moved 50% of my portfolio into amazon bit risky but that it was a safer strategy and up almost 5% since friday..

I've been steadily taking profits, closing positions and reducing my own portfolio from 25 stocks down to 12 atm. 25% of my portfolio is now in AMZN

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Go AMZN go!

I said a week or two ago that it was about to break out

upped my position at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Go AMZN go!
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    I said a week or two ago that it was about to break out

upped my position at the time
    Is it just never going to stop climbing? Im seriously considering just giving up on all the research crap and just putting 50% of my wages in AMZN every month, a decade of massive investment coming to fruition now, its free money at this stage buying their shares.

We're back!

How was everyone's week. Yesterday was a bloodbath after some nice gains.

I got a notification that Cielo will stop trading on the Frankfurt exchange on the 18th August. Their ticker on Toronto exchange is available though. They can't guarantee that the stocks will transfer over so I'll probably just sell on Frankfurt and buy on Toronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Bleeding badly the past week or so! Probably not a bad time for boards to have been down

Although I'll probably use the opportunity to top up on a few holdings...Argo, Flutter, DraftKings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

This new layout is awful.

Got absolutely slaughtered yesterday but it had been coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I did the same, sold on Frankfurt, bought on Toronto, could do with some realised gains in 2021. Not sure what the mail about Frankfurt was, I have other stocks on the same exchange (KR1) that I got no notification about.

In other news, I see Interactive Brokers is free now, same model as Degiro. No more €10 a month fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Got same mail RE Cielo on FRA exchange. Will probably try and wait for a good news day, buy on the TSXV as that's where the volume seems to be, then sell on the Frankfurt exchange. Cielo is one of my only green tickers at the min, good tip from on here!

Advertisement