Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hbomax Caribbean and Latin America

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Kolido wrote: »
    Have surfshark set to a US server and it works fine. Argintina server works also. Singed up to Brazil.

Was reading that the movies are on the us one when they're released in cinema & stay for 30 days, but in Latin America they only appears 30 days after release but stay for good.

Then mexico & Brazil have champions league, not sure of any other differences

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Was reading that the movies are on the us one when they're released in cinema & stay for 30 days, but in Latin America they only appears 30 days after release but stay for good.

Then mexico & Brazil have champions league, not sure of any other differences

I am with Costa Rica and the Conjuring movie is there until tomorrow which I think matches the US. I am using Getflix DNS so maybe I'm getting US content because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

bromley52 wrote: »
    I am with Costa Rica and the Conjuring movie is there until tomorrow which I think matches the US. I am using Getflix DNS so maybe I'm getting US content because of that.

It's the same content for both countries

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

bromley52 wrote: »

Yeah you might be. This is where I seen it, not much difference if you can access either.
    https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/376060

The -50% offer ends on the 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's the same content for both countries

I signed up through Costa Rica and shows like Oz and Deadwood aren't on that library. When I log in through USA they are there. Seems to be extra films too, Tenet for example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Finally got this sorted just now thanks to the info on this thread thanks very much to the OP & to all the helpful posts. Nice addition to all the other bargain streaming app bargains on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

finally got this working on the firestick - seems very clunky app and very slow to load - im on the brazillian and i have good broadband but it throws up errors all the time. Once you get into a movie it appears to run along ok but if you pause or fast forward it takes an age to get going again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Double C wrote: »
    I signed up through Costa Rica and shows like Oz and Deadwood aren't on that library. When I log in through USA they are there. Seems to be extra films too, Tenet for example

Can you use the same account in different countries? Or is it country specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

dulpit wrote: »
    Can you use the same account in different countries? Or is it country specific?

Works for me for both Costa Rica - I signed up through there - and USA, haven't tried any others. I'm using the Nvidia shield

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

clevtrev wrote: »
    finally got this working on the firestick - seems very clunky app and very slow to load - im on the brazillian and i have good broadband but it throws up errors all the time. Once you get into a movie it appears to run along ok but if you pause or fast forward it takes an age to get going again

I've no issues on the firestick. did you get the app from the amazon app store or sideload android app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Hi dulpit - did you have any success getting the Chromecast TV set up with VPN. Cheers

Seems like hbo have clamped down on VPN, keep getting profiles issue as does others in Reddit. I cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Still working for me with Getflix....... for now

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

it usually takes a number of attempts before I get a US location on surfshark that works but even then I get an error when you try to load my hbomax profile. Unlikely that there will be any fix for this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Working with Express VPN. I talked to Nord support and they are aware of it and are trying to fix it.

Just tested HBO on KeepSolid there and it's working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Which server as a matter of interest? Couldn't get it to load at all yesterday on Chromecast W/TV via either surfshark or keepsolid, or Apple TV via getflix DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭ThePott

Managed to sign up from Argentina, have had HBO Max full price for about a year now so this is a great bargain if I can get it to work.

Anyone else having the issue at the profile screen where it says; "We're having some trouble switching profiles. Please try again".

Can't seem to get past it using KeepSolid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

Still okay on ControlD DNS (windscribe) paid premium version.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

There's a HBO server option on the list of VPNs (towards the end of the list).

I'm about to pull the trigger on Goggle Chromecast TV, just waiting to see feedback from folks here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I was getting that profile error on most servers on surfshark but some servers are working fine. I also talked to support and they are aware of it and looking into it.

I signed up for the annual sub for 25eur. I'm based in Slovakia and I believe it is launching here later this year so in any case I wont need a vpn then, unless to watch content not available here.

In short, great bargain, difficult to know how consistant vpns will be but it will be opening up to more regions soon (unfortunately not Ire). If Netflix are any benchmark, vpns should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone got an apk that will work on firestick?

Sideloaded one but doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Yes - that seems to be the type of error that has been popping up since around last Thursday (Boards was offline for a week so it is only getting discussed as an issue today). Seems to be that VPN is detected. Bit of a bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Really? Keep Solid and Nord stopped working for me towards the end of last week.

Are you using Keep Solid specific HBO VPN or one of their Latin American VPNs?

Registered the HBO account on Cocsta Rica VPN (wasn't having luck registering on Argentina).

To watch HBO I change the VPN to HBO VPN (all on KeepSolid)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭ThePott

That's a pain, hoping it gets resolved but given how long it's apparently been an issue it doesn't inspire confidence :(

On reddit, it seems a good few US customers who changed to cheaper south american packages, HBO not liking their own customers going on the cheap.

Doesn't look good that this will be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I looked on reddit but can't find this, have you a link by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm having this issue too, was able to sign up in Costa Rica, was able to view the library day 1 and got a chromecast with google tv following day. Installed fine but getting profile issue since then (haven't been able to post here obviously until now).

All the reports on reddit are people using VPNs, are people having better luck with smart DNS solutions?

Advertisement