Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Roasted in a hot oven with some lardons and plenty of salt for 20 minutes. :)

I haven’t tried them but you can get frozen sprouts all year round.

I've tried roasting them a few times, probably my technique but always a bit disappointed, bits are crispy but never what I hoped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I need one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice daily for my diet,
    Freezing is out of the question as is squeezing daily, how do people here manage to keep squeezed lemon juice fresh in the fridge?

*Not a fan of the heating the juice before storing, as I believe this wrecks the vit c in it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Bredabe wrote: »
    I need one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice daily for my diet,
    Freezing is out of the question as is squeezing daily, how do people here manage to keep squeezed lemon juice fresh in the fridge?

*Not a fan of the heating the juice before storing, as I believe this wrecks the vit c in it.

Buy two lemons a week. Every four days cut one of them into quarters. Squeeze a quarter daily for your fresh juice and wrap the rest in cling film in the fridge until you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

After you've opened a mik bottle, it weeps from the cap if you store it on its side. I tried using cling film between the cap and the bottle, but it didn't work.

Came across this video (only 1m11s) where he removes the seal carefully so it stays intact, then pushes it into the cap. It works :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's actually genius!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yeah, brilliant Tangy!

I'm going to try this, as my fridge door shelf broke and milk is leaking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭con747

A matter of time.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Anybody around? I'm finding the mobile site pretty much impossible to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Comerman

I'm here mystery egg................I think, its a disaster to navigate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Here too but not enjoying the new look!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Anseo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Yeah, have to agree. Hoping Boards HQ have it all under control but I'm really feeling for them right now. Huge amount of work involved to put it right and there's only one programmer I believe. Desktop version much better than the mobile version.

Good luck HQ! 🤞

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm here, hoping they get it all straightened out soon - for their sakes as much as ours.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm using it on my browser, I honestly can't say I'm convinced, sorry.

Fingers crossed this will be better soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I am hoping the current set-up is a temporary measure. I imagine they must have been under serious pressure to get back up and running and it wouldn't surprise me if this is a stop-gap of some kind... Maybe I'm just being optimistic though.

People never like the new version :)

However, the link to FirstUnread has gone.

The ability to show 40 posts per page has gone.

I don't like the skinny font.

I woud like the option of using the old old skin. No chance :)

We'll get used to it <sigh>.

And it appears you can't edit you comment:

Flag | Quote | Like

is what I see.

Edit :) I've now noticed the three dots in the RH corner of the bar above your post.

Post edited by tangy on

I've figured out, on mobile anyway...

That you have to touch the thread you want in a particular location to be taken to the first unread.

And also you can edit a post with the cog icon.

(But I haven't been on desktop yet, dunno if its different)

This should be a reply to sammyjo90, but it seems threading has gone.

I'm posting from a lapdog (very old reference), and I see no cogs :)

• Advertisement

I've just Liked sj90's post, but there's no evidence of my Liking.

I can see 1 like on the post, but not who its from.

I'm sure they'll fix most of the stuff eventually

However, the link to FirstUnread has gone.

After your first visit to a thread, clicking on the thread title on the Forum page takes you to the first unread post.

Queston:

Does this need to be a sticky? Started in 2008, one comment in 2014.

New software, new stickies 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

If you’re on a mobile, this link takes you to all your Followed Threads. They’re now called Bookmarks apparently.

There’s no workaround getting to your last viewed post yet so you’re going to have to start at the beginning, click on the last page and work your way back. Next time you visit the thread it will remember where you left it.

Getting there……

In fact, the links in that post give the "Leaving Boards" message, though of course you're not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Eurrrrgh! Stilted, scripted, over the top.....

How's that for a start? 🙄 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

First comment on a thread since the update. I HATE CHANGE!!!! 😔 😁 My company has also updated a load of software! 😪 Just shows how programmed we get to routine. I like knowing where stuff is. Hopefully I'll get used to it all soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's like when they move shelves in supermarkets. 😕

Advertisement