Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Yeah I remember Danno showing it off in all its glory.

Do we have any other stations that aren't part of the 25 ME observations that are considered official too besides Danno/Durrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I find it somewhat hard to believe because Northern Ireland is almost always colder than midlands parts of the republic. I think if NI hit 31 then almost certainly parts of Ireland hit the same today but just the lack of official stations across the island. It looks like 29.3 the highest official temp so far today but will know for sure tomorrow. Who knows maybe even a 30 because sometimes temps peak between 5-6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

29.4°c in Kildare now. Had to look twice. Quite difficult to sit in full sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

Warmest ever wait for a bus.... Cloncurry, Kildare near Enfield,Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Hit the three dots at the top right of your post to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wow wasn't expected to hit 30 degrees and especially in North were its usual much colder. Delighted for all in North and especially Donegal that everyone gets to share the good weather!

The heat is just unbelievable, I'm not complaining but you really have to treat the day like your abroad and take breaks in shade aswell as in the sun.

This is is one of the few days that the Irish Sea is not too cold!🏖🏝

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Three streets around here in D.16 are deserted, they'd usually be bustling with activity on a sunny day. Everyone sitting inside in front of a fan half naked like myself i presume.

Syranbruen, I've figured out how to edit. When you look at your own post their is a little kinda spool wheel in corner + when you click on that it let's you edit your post once it's in same day.

• Advertisement

This is one of those days that we will remember forever. Especially as on weekend so most people getting to enjoy it.

If you were abroad now + rang home to check in you'd be raging when they told you it's hottest day for years because you couldn't brag about the nice weather abroad 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Lip Out

Unfortunately they all flocked down here to Wicklow. Both Brittas Bay car parks have been full since 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Noticed that too! Most either flocked to the beach, stayed in their gardens or stayed indoors because they couldn’t cope with the heat!

We were in Omagh at the Ulster American Folk Park this morning. Got there early and left before 12. I kept saying to my husband that it was a long long time since I felt that kind of heat. So I would easily believe Co.Down got up to 30 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Very warm today in the West. I've spent most of the day inside.

I wonder is the humidity high?

I had the kids at football training early in the morning and after half an hour standing in the sun my top was getting wet with the sweat.

The water tub for the kids is getting great use today.

I think I will wait for the sun to cool a bit before heading out for a run.

It will be a warm night!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think I’m melting :D

Seriously though . The young lad has cul camp next week. Normally I’d be worried about the rain. Now I’m worried about him being out running around in the heat from 10-2 every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Stunning day in Castlebar, maxed out at 27.3C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Hard to believe it is still 28C here at Dunshaughlin. I don't ever remember a single day with this level of sustained heat from early morning to the evening. 28C is rarely ever achieved here and when it does it's usually only for a brief moment, maybe for an hour at most but it's been 28C consistently since about 2.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Tonight, next few nights, going to be rough for sleeping 😴

amazing to still see temps of 28 and 29 at this hour of the day. It really is a day to remember. Having beers in the garden at 7pm and it’s 27 degrees, bliss

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

GFS 12z keeps us warm up to until Tuesday 27th of July. Temperatures will cool down from Friday but low to mid 20s still possible up to Tuesday of next week, so possibly another 10 days of temperatures in the 20s and night time temperatures in the mid teens, sometimes higher.

By that stage I think alot of people will be looking forward to something fresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

The duvet is gone last two nights

Looking at the night time temps the wife is going to be gone soon too :@

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Already looking for colder, this is just awful

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SophieLockhart

Gurteen rising to its highest temp at 8pm (local time) seems very unusual -

17/07/2021 14:00 27.1

17/07/2021 14:30 27.3

17/07/2021 15:00 27.4

17/07/2021 15:30 27.0

17/07/2021 16:00 27.4

17/07/2021 16:30 27.9

17/07/2021 17:00 28.2

17/07/2021 17:30 26.7

17/07/2021 18:00 26.0

17/07/2021 18:30 28.0

17/07/2021 19:00 28.8

Ah it's not that bad. Except for sleeping it's grand.

I'd be curious to hear what other's ideal summer weather is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Can we set up a separate thread for all the weirdos moaning about the hot sunny weather??

When I saw this picture I thought you had collapsed at the bus stop 😄

Met Eireann have a heat advisory in operation from tomorrow until midday Friday.

Today was exceptional, one of the most sustained hot days I can ever remember in Ireland, it was more like what you get in Spain where the temperature shoots up first thing in the morning and stays in the mid to high twenties until nightfall. This is extremely rare for Ireland.

Temperatures in some midland and western areas could be in the low 20's until 2 or 3am.

Several locations were 28 degrees at 8pm, mad stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I never did well with the heat. Plus having an 8 month old makes it worse !

My ideal is the dry sunny days with a max of 20 degrees but nice cold nights

Do enjoy the rainy cold days too

Advertisement