Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

I had my jab at Citywest during the week. I arrived an hour early, walked in and nothing was said to me. I would say just go and if anything is said play dumb and say you thought the appointments were the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 34 R.M.

Are there many people 30+ still waiting for first appointment? I registered straight away and haven't heard anything yet. I'm hearing a lot of younger people in Dublin with appointment dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

28 registered yesterday got appointment date this morning for Tues morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭prunudo

You should be fine, we were 20 mins apart and no one batted an eye lid. Was just going to explain we went together for moral support if questioned but never arose.

Only minor thing will be that when you sign in your wife's name will be a couple of pages further down the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

1st vaccine

age 26

date : 21st July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

I have a friend who is 36, registered on the 21 of June, and just got his jab on the 14th of July. Dublin South.

I’m 27, registered Friday and still have to hear anything.

Guess it’s a bit random, but if you waited for more than 2-4 weeks I’d ring the hotline, just to be sure. (You’ll probably get a “just wait” answer)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

Thanks. We got in today at 2.05pm. No question asked. Got out at 2.40pm. Very busy yet very organised venue. Can’t complain anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Got my Pfizer vaccine in Citywest yesterday (30yrs old). Went an hour earlier just to see I'd get seen to quicker. Brilliant, quick setup. Loads of people but no queues or waiting. Was in and out in 10 mins (well, you have to wait 15 mins in the observation area after you get your vaccine). Fair play to everyone there in getting it set up so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Year: 1986 (Age 35)

Dose 1: 29th June

Dose 2 appointment received: 19th July

Dose 2: Scheduled for 26th July

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Year: 1979 (Age 42)

Dose 1: 24th June (Punchestown)

Dose 2: Text 19th June, Appointment for Wednesday 21st June (27 days, Citywest)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Have you checked the portal? I have friends who registered and didn't get a text but it was scheduled and on the portal. You should have had your first dose by now judging by the general rollout. Might be a good idea to call the HSE helpline after checking the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

This is good to know. My brother and I are scheduled 20 minutes apart with his appointment first. I would rather go in at his time to avoid me sitting in the car thinking about what is to come and fainting before I go in (it has happened before 😳).

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Just got my first dose appointment for Pfizer in UCD, 1994 (26) Friday 23rd July 4:30pm. OH 1995 (25) didn't get a text but checked the portal and hers is Sunday 25th at 9:30am also UCD and Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Son in law got a vaccine from GP . He then got a text from HSE for one

He rang the helpline to cancel the HSE appointment . Girl on phone was very grateful and thanked him for cancelling etc

He has since had 3 texts from HSE with a new appointment !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭prunudo

My oh was quite nervous going in, more so the fear of the unknown. So it was nice just to queue together so she had someone to talk to and not be there for 20 minutes queuing with an idle mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

Text received: today

Appointment: Sunday 25th July

MVC: Swords

Vaccine: Pfizer (second dose)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

I got first dose of Moderna vaccine over 3 weeks ago - should be getting second dose this coming Sunday ( 28 days after first dose). I haven’t had any text yet from the HSE though - I got a text a the Sunday before my appointment - a week before my appointment. I just rang the helpline but they are closed. Will ring in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Age 27 (1994)

registed on the 17th of july

got a text today

appointment in UCD for Pfizer on the 23rd. (I also opted in for AZ).

too efficient, I’ll have to reschedule as I’m outside of the country until the 25 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

got my second Pfizer vaccine today.

Birthday yesterday and going on Holidays Friday.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

MVC: Citywest

Text: 19th July

1st Dose: 22nd July

Vaccine: Pfizer/BioNTech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mostlycloudy

Just got text for second Pfizer at Show Centre in Swords next Sunday. Age 39. 26 days after first dose in Helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Got my second dose of moderna today - 33 Dublin.

hearing many saying second dose of moderna is bad for side effects - anyone experienced that?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

35 and no appointment yet. Registed 4 weeks ago on Saturday. Has anyone just shown up to national show centre in hope of a cancellation or someone who doesn't turn up & been successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Yes, my husband was quite flu-y after his second dose. He was very cold and shivery and then very hot the next minute. He took the day after he received it off work, that was the Thursday I think and was fine again on the Friday. Lemsip was good if you can take it. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah after a few hours I started to feel the side effects after the second dose, was sweating had a headache and pains in my bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I got the first dose of that today and feel fairly okay but the woman that gave it to me did say I'd probably feel worse after the second one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

You need to ring them ASAP. By the looks of it 35s in Swords are only getting 1st jab 21st/22nd July the most delayed group in the country, if you haven't got a text now or an update on the portal then it sounds like your appointment fallen through the cracks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I had first dose on 28 June.

Just received a text with appointment for second dose scheduled for 23 July.

Perfect timing as it is just after work on Friday at 15:20 so will have whole weekend to recover in case I get bad side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

First dose due Thursday 22nd in Punchestown. Age 29.

GF first dose due Wednesday 21st in Punchestown. Age 27.

She registered Friday, a day before I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

MVC: Limerick Racecourse

Text: 19th July

1st Dose: 21st July

Vaccine: Pfizer

Very quick and efficient!

Advertisement