Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A for €199 on Vodafone - No need to switch number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭long_b

Had a go with the Supervalue code.

Props to the OP and the Supervalue code poster.

Barely 14 likes between them.. what's the world coming to? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ezio Auditore

I'm trying to port over to a spare An Post SIM I have to avail of the SuperValu offer but it keeps saying I'm already registered on the Vodafone network (I assume via An Post?). Does anyone know how I might be able to do this?

Currently have no other SIMs available to use for a few days (I have ordered a 48 but won't have it til Wednesday or Thursday and I'm worried the offer will be gone by then).

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

As per Super Value T&Cs, offer seems to be on until 9th Aug:

"The Offer may only be availed of between 12th July – 9th August 2021 only. You must redeem your discount code by 23:59 on 9th August 2021."

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

Thank you so much for your response. Can you please share the process to move it back? Do I need to wait for some time to go back to my current mobile provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

Does Lyca also allow us to receive an SMS without paying monthly fees?

• Advertisement

Ah ideal, thank you! Hopefully should be able to sort it soon so!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

On VF website T&C's are a bit different - up to end of August ; also they don't allow porting from Lyca and Tesco .

-Someone mentioned the disappointment at the quality of customer care and website functionality : some things are done on purpose !

Exclusive Supervalu Pay as You Go Offer - July 2021

Offer End Date: 31 August 2021

These terms and conditions apply to the ‘Exclusive Supervalu Pay As You Go Offer’ pursuant to which selected customers of Supervalu may avail of a promotional discount against certain handsets when they switch Vodafone Pay As You Go from another mobile network provider (excluding Lyca mobile or Tesco mobile) or when they upgrade on Vodafone Pay As You Go (the “Offer”). By availing of this offer, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:

1. This Offer is available to eligible customers only. Eligible customers are Supervalu customers who (i) have received a unique discount code from Supervalu; and, (ii) who switch their mobile number to Vodafone Pay As You Go from another network (excluding Lyca mobile or Tesco mobile) or who upgrade their handset on Vodafone Pay As You Go, using the Vodafone online sales channel at vodafone.ie. This Offer is available to Eligible Customers using the Vodafone online sales channel and is only available through Vodafone retail or franchisee stores between the 16thAugust – 31st August. Eligibility is determined by Vodafone in its sole discretion.
    2. The Offer may only be availed of between 12th July – 31st August 2021 only. You must redeem your discount code by 23:59 on 31st August 2021. Discount codes cannot be redeemed after this date.
    3. Eligible customers who avail of this Offer will be given the following Offer benefit options:
      1. If they are moving to Vodafone Pay As You Go from another mobile operator; they will receive a €100 discount off either the Huawei P40 Lite 5G, a €100 discount off the Google Pixel 4a or a €75 discount off the Nokia 3.4; OR,
      2. If they are an existing Vodafone Pay As You Go customers who is upgrading their handset; they will receive a €100 discount off the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
    4. To avail of the Offer, Eligible customers must redeem their unique Supervalu discount code at the point of purchase of their chosen handset.
    5. Each unique discount code may only be used once, is non-refundable and non-transferable and is not for exchange or resale and cannot be redeemed for cash.
    6. A maximum of one discount code may be used per customer pursuant to this Offer.
    7. Pricing of handsets is subject to change and Offer is subject to stock availability.
    8. The Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
    9. Discount codes cannot be used retrospectively, i.e. they cannot be applied to phones already purchased.
    10. Vodafone reserves the right to extend this Offer at its sole discretion.
    11. Vodafone reserves the right to vary and/or cancel the Offer at any time for valid commercial, technical, operational and/or regulatory reasons.
    12. Vodafone reserves the right at their absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions.
    13.  In the event of abuse or fraud affecting the proper operation of the Offer, Vodafone reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse participation in the Offer and/or to recover any discounts rewarded pursuant to the Offer.
    14. These Terms & Conditions form part of your contract with Vodafone and apply in addition to the General Terms & Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone’s Mobile Telecommunications Services and any service specific terms
    15. This Offer is being run in conjunction with a third parties. Customers agree that the cost of and the responsibility for complying with any such additional third party terms and conditions will be borne solely by them

-- End of T&C --

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Had the same issue and got the following response from their chat: It seems to be due to rare technical glitch. I would request you to please call our sales team on 1800 595 595 they will help you to place order. Their working hours are 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM on Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM on Saturday's and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

I got the order confirmation through after porting a 48 sim I had last night.

When should I receive the dispatch email and will I get a cancellation email if it is cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Apart from an order confirmation yesterday morning I didn't get anything else. I checked with Custimer Service this morning and they said it's pending due to low stock..

Still not going to assme anything until I get a shipped notification

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I got one for €99. I received only a confirmation email on Sunday evening and contacted Vodafone via the chat box yesterday afternoon after hearing nothing else. They told me that it was being prepared and, unexpectedly, gave me an An Post tracking number. The tracking number activated yesterday night and is now marked as out for delivery. Overall, the experience leaves a lot to be desired, even if the outcome is positive. A more conventional retailer would give a few more updates along the way.

My self and the husband ordered one each yesterday and got shipping info last night .

Ported 2 48 sims that we got last week in case something like this came up.

No problems at all.

Thanks OP.

Could this be the bargain of the year ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Tracking number this morning.

Got this phone for the missus for €180 last time but she broke the screen after 3 weeks .

Delighted this popped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Just go to the provider of your choice, order a SIM from them and when you reach the option of moving your number, enter your number (the one you moved to Vodafone).

You don't need to wait. But I'd still give it a week.

I got the dispatched email and the tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭beardo81

Damn, I switched from Lyca. The amount is still pending on my bank too. Wonder will I receive a dispatch email or are they strict enough with this...?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Can you explain this a bit more? I thought there was a requirement to enter a verification number sent to the number you're porting? Thanks in advance

Have you tried calling them yet? I'll give it a go later on this evening if I get the time to do it.

They take the money out when it actually ships from what I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Just went for this offer, €99, a few minutes ago. €99 already shown as pending on my credit card!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Nah, not really interested in having my number ported over to VF. Happy with AnPost. I've ordered a 48 sim so hopefully it'll get here soon as I will try with that one. I wouldn't put my hopes up with their call centre either. The price says 159 so unlikely you'll get it for 99 as they can't do anything on that.

It's pending, but it's not collected yet. It'll should be when it ships.

For cancelled orders it should be reverted (hopefully!).

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

They took my money straight away, and sent me tracking thia morning. But the number they gave to track doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

I got the Pixel 3A for €129 and 4A for €179 a few months back. Just bear in mind that the physical size of the 4A is smaller than 3A even though it has bigger screen.

Although €99 is a smashing price, I wouldn't get another one.

Edit: Was trying to change the title of the thread but it won't let me

What did you find about the 4a that would make you not get another one? It looks like a great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

It is a great phone don't get me wrong, I just found the size small compared to what I'm used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Yes - you do need to have received the new SIM. You put that new "disposable" SIM in your phone to receive that code. Enter the verification code on the website. Then take that SIM out again. That's literally the only thing you use it for!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭tipperary

Ordered Sunday night. Received confirmation email, but never got any dispatch email. Phone arrived this morning.

Great bargain - delighted 😀

It works, give it some time, also make sure there are no empty spaces at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

This a great deal but my 48 SIM is taking forever to arrive. Anyone know if you can pick up a Tesco Mobile SIM card in store?

Advertisement