Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

You drive, let her take the kids on the plane, I'm sure she won't mind :D

I'm sure she wouldn't at all until I tell her the places I stayed in the meantime lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You drive, let her take the kids on the plane, I'm sure she won't mind :D

Paying double for one journey. Not really ideal. Reminds me of some people who have an electric car which also has an internal combustion engine on board :pac:

unkel wrote: »
    Paying double for one journey. Not really ideal. Reminds me of some people who have an electric car which also has an internal combustion engine on board :pac:

Yeah but the Rex had helped me out a lot over the last 3 years 8 months less so during the scamdemic of course but nevertheless it's been great to have, not so sure how I'd cope around Ireland even with 78 Kwh and a crap public charging infrastructure and I think a trip to Germany would be a lot of hassle with all the different charger companies and methods of payment, needing to register with this company and that company bollocks. It would be a lot less hassle to take the Outlander !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Saw an ad on TV for this, they're quite nice looking. Are they really a crossover? Looks like a standard car to me. I like the more boxy shape.

It's a strange design that might look old after a short time ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Saw an ad on TV for this, they're quite nice looking. Are they really a crossover? Looks like a standard car to me. I like the more boxy shape.

It's like someone scaled up a hatchback. It's crossover/SUV-sized though.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Not a bad review on Autogefuhl for the Ioniq 5, worth a look https://youtu.be/40UqsmZMLcU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Ha. I'd call that one in investment in my mental health :D

(The airplane I mean, BEVs FTW :))

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I think a trip to Germany would be a lot of hassle with all the different charger companies and methods of payment, needing to register with this company and that company bollocks.

No hassle in a Tesla ;)

No apps, no cards, no methods of payment, no registering for anything, no range anxiety, no worry about queues or broken chargers or figuring out where to charge next...

No hassle in a Tesla ;)

No apps, no cards, no methods of payment, no worry about queues or broken chargers or figuring out where to charge next...
    Charging at a supercharger doesn't give a Tesla superpowers. A trip to Germany from Ireland is unpleasant even in a good diesel car with enough range to complete the trip on one tank of fuel.
    Sticking to the Ionity Network most of the way removes the issues you describe with charging and for me I could use either of my two charge cards to access that network and a huge number more besides, in fact I'll go so far as to say with my two charge cards that the only problem I've got is an excessive number of choices as to where I could possibly charge rather than the sparse Supercharger network which forces Tesla drivers to abandon the network in certain locations to pay for CCS charging elsewhere.

Thankfully, ABRP plans routes for me and knows which chargers are available and suit me best.

• Advertisement

I was making my way between Data Centres when I saw an Ioniq 5 out of the blue, probably one of the first non Hyudai staff in Ireland to see one, it was making it's way back to Hyundai in Park West.

It looks a lot smaller than I had thought it would be, doesn't look much larger than a Kona, it's larger but doesn't look much larger but it was a fly by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Did anyone who registered interest yet hear anything? Really looking forward to a spin in one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

To me it looks like a Lancia Delta has been to gym and got buff. I don’t think it will age at all.

Maybe maybe not time will tell. You could be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,939 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

h

First review I seen where they never showed the car at all, then again.. maybe I was just distracted....

I know Anna, and she's all about the drive and interior, she's a easy going reviewer,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Rory Reid (ex top gear presenter) reviewed it recently on YouTube. Gave it a very favourable review. I like it. Reminded me of an HF Integrale. Inside was very trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It has a longer wheelbase than an RR sport apparently. Dont be fooled by the exterior size. This is the first EV from Hyundai designed ground up as an EV and they have done some cool things to maximize space

• Advertisement

He'll be doing the 1000km trip in a 72kwh ioniq5 tonight. I expect he'll get below 9h30 as he will be able to do 800v charging all the way on his route.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,989 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i really like the look of these, love the mk2 golf, lancia inegrale look, i doubt id ever buy one but im glad it exists.

Same wheelbase as an Audi Q7, a Tesla Model X and a Volvo XC90. The three biggest cars for sale at the moment.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Body dimensions wise, it's pretty much the same as the ID.4 but has a longer wheelbase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Fine looking car alright, well done Mad_Lad for getting the scoop..🤗

Prefer those wheels to the ones normally in pics, but think I would rather the lighter interior.

Doesn't look so bad in the flesh I suppose but don't know why car manufacturers insist on making electrics so different inside and out.

It's longer than the kona alright but thought it would have been bigger than it is.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I think that's a side effect of making the wheelbase longer, they've used the dedicated platform to make a car that's much bigger on the inside. Looks like they've done a better than job than VW did with moving the wheels to edges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Watched the Autogefühl review of this and I think it looks class, love the boxy styling and little details inside like on the door trim. Not sure how I feel about the white bezel on the screens but at least they're joined so they don't stick out massively from the dash which I'm not a fan of. Good utilisation of interior space too. The sliding center console is very cool but the cupholders look tacked on, it's like they purposely try to make something on the inside look cheap with EVs.

It's an odd crossover. It looks like a normal hatchback, is only 4cm taller than an ID.3 but lower than a 5008. The ride height looks a bit higher but there's also a lot of headroom as the seating position doesn't look high so more crossover on the exterior than interior. It's a sport suspension option away from being a normal car!

Between this, the new Kia EV I'm seeing advertised on Twitter and the Cupra Born there's a lot of nice looking stuff coming out.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh and giving it a test drive, hopefully selling my Ioniq 28 for a change early next year. still undecided - had a look at the id4 and it is a nice car. just 'nice' though for me it doesn't really stand out. i reckon the decision will be between the ioniq 5 and the Tesla SR+ at a stretch . How did you like the ioniq 5 when you saw it - was it as stylish as all the online reviews suggest?

Advertisement