Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I don't think it did..... that's been annoying me for a long time now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Somebody posted on the Amazon thread 2 minutes ago. Looks open now - may not have been when you posted:

https://boards.ie/discussion/comment/117641111#Comment_117641111

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thread titles which include quotation marks are not formatting correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I quote a post in order to reply to one or two points, in, say, a 5 paragraph post.

Previously I could delete all the bits I'm not replying to. Now I can't. There's just the whole quoted post there, which is completely useless - I can't edit that at all to cut it down, and when I finish my reply and post it, the entire quoted post is sitting there at the top.

What's the point of that?

TL;dr: Please restore the functionality to delete parts of and/or edit quoted posts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought the downtime yesterday would import the 'my forums' but I still don't have them.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Desktop - Chrome

• Functionality of "go to first new post" doesn't seem to be available any longer
    • I can't find a way to "mark all forums as read" so that I can see new stuff at a glance
    • When leaving a comment it's not obvious how to format text (though I've just noticed the "paragraph" mark to the left of where you're typing has some of functionality, but not all. Double clicking a word gives you more formatting options, like bold and strikethrough, but the icons have no alt text/tool tips for accessibility.

It's no longer simple to find new responses to a topic you've posted in easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mossie

Few issues that are bugging me:

• I can bookmark a thread but not a forum on desktop. Can follow a forum on mobile OK.
    • Read and unread threads look the same.
    • Clicking on thread title sometimes takes me to first unread, sometime just to the top of the page that includes first unread post.
    • The header bar on mobile (with menu, board logo and avatar) should remain visible when scrolling down.
    • "Breadcrumbs Trail" to forum should remain visible.
    • Time on posts is out by an hour.
    • Sometimes when writing a comment on mobile the "Post Comment" button doesn't respond - this also just happened on Desktop with this post.
    • Of course the absence of "My Forums" drop-down menu.

I'm sure these are already mention but no harm reiterating the issues.

No it didn't. I have been doing that constantly out of habit

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wanted to quote a poster who previously made a statement and wanted to look up his/her post. Click on the person's username and you can't see there old posts, this is on mobile.

Anyone trying to edit a post on mobile (not sure if I been answered already) click the cog wheel at the top of your post and it gives the edit option.

• Advertisement

The noficatio s are filli g up my screen and boards is drowning in the. Mmmhelp... Suffocating

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

You can see a users comments if you scroll right down to the bottom of their profile page, where there should be an option to click on marked "comments".

Of course, it's far more difficult, counterintuitive and cumbersome than the absolutely effortless way there was previously - and of course the way the comments are formatted and listed once you click in would break your heart - but the basic feature exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

@Lumen Cudos, i am using desk so didnt realize that. should start mentioning it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There are a *load* of them pre-enabled in your Profile - I turned the vast majority of them off.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

On the main new look boards feedback thread, my browser(Firefox on mac) tells me a page is slowing down my browser. It appears to be javascript based. Clicking on the like button takes about four seconds to register the action. If I tell firefox to stop whatever it is slowing things down and then try to hit like I get this:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Major freezing going on in both touch and desktop the last half hour or so.

Typing this to see if I can actually get a post through in one go.....

ETA ok, maybe whatever fit the site was having is over.....

On the mobile version I am still being inundated with notifications, can't find my posts and there are no second pages of forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I cant find a way to see who liked my post on my I phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

This is probably much more helpful than dozens of pages of the same Roll it Back and this is terrible posts.

Desktop Site:

• Functionality - An easy way to see another users posts. Again, I'm assuming this will be coming shortly but even something like on the mobile site where I can go to a profile and click on comments.
    • User Experience - Add a comma to the post count.
    • Functionality - To bookmark a thread that you post in, either enabled automatically by default or an option in the profile to select to do it automatically if the user wishes.
    • Bug - If there are two posts (or possibly more) by a user on the same page, then hovering over the username on the lower post activates/displays the dropdown menu on the higher post.

• Functionality - Show the the Groups that a user is a part of, moreso to ID a mod or admin type rather than just Registered Users, like it does on the mobile site.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Anyone remember what starting a car with a choke was like on a frosty morning?

If you don't it spluttered like Boards today. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You can only see on the Desktop site. I think you click 'aA' in your browser settings to change over.

On Android when you change you have to hold over the Like button, cancel the notification that tells you you react to your own post, and then you'll see the first 10 I think. This is on the ever expanding list of things to fix!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is there a way to get the Childfree by Choice forum more accessible? https://boards.ie/categories/childfree-by-choice

Currently, the only way I can get to it is by manually going to https://boards.ie/categories/whats-new and accessing it through that. It doesn't appear in https://boards.ie/categories as a child forum, and the link under the Family subcategory doesn't work. It makes the forum totally hidden unless you try really hard to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Many inbound links from Google search are of the form :

boardsdotie/ttforum/1522/10

boardsdotie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18/86?sortby=most_recent

cannot type domain as forum tries to fetch it

All are now 404 on site, which effectively nukes any SEO benefit from 20+ years of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

What's the boards slogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

• Site is way too slow. Even hovering or clicking "Like" (should be "Thank") takes ages.
    • Can't see who thanked a post without hovering and only a few can be seen.
    • Need full date and time on all posts, time can only be seen on today's posts (e.g. you want to get back to kickoff time in a sports thread to avoid spoilers)
    • Need post numbers!
    • Need an individual link for each post (as used to be on the post number)
    • Need to be easily able to search your own and other posters' posts
    • Date ordering in searches seems to be all over the place (as well as the last post date issue)
    • Posting in a thread doesn't automatically follow it
    • Threads with unread posts look the same as ones which are all read.
    • No BBcode. Formatting text is difficult and limited.
    • Waay too much wasted screen real estate. User info on the left is much too wide. Huge wasted grey area on the right. Even the big gap between one post and the next wastes space.
    • Basically on desktop we have something a bit like the old touch site, but with about half of that limited amount of functionality not working...

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Just discovered a new one :

• When you reply to a thread your post appears at the bottom, but any new posts which were added while you were typing don't appear unless you refresh the whole page

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anyone figure out how to receive email notifications from threads you have previously posted in. It always worked in the old site. I've enabled what I though was the option here already but no emails. Enabled pop up but if you don't click it instantly it disappears and then it's gone.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement