Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Comments

also you said and I quote

"No, this cannot be used to stop you moving within the EU"...well it can, or rather if you have no cert of vaccination proof which most are insisting on you're not welcome to travel in the common area.

No, this cannot be used to force anyone to get vaccinated

if you sign a confession against your wishes in police custody in order to get basics like water, food or even some sleep, it's coercion.

If you take a vaccine despite not wanting to, just to get access to travel, coffee shops and indoor dining, that too is coercion.

Id go along with it if it was smallpox as people compare the situation to but it isn't. It's a more contagious strain of the original one and less likely to make you ill. The deputy CMO described the symptoms of the delta strain as different..cough, sneezing, runny or stuff nose... every hayfever symptom checked. I assume like last years FLU, hayfever is now non existent then too? the only show every in town is Covid it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Got mine yesterday in the mail. Was surprised to be honest considering what I read online about it being a disaster. I got my second dose on may 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Speak to your GP and present the documentation you have rom the US.

Certainly in the UK the GP can simply update your medical records and it works, but the UK has a functional database to track these things, we don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

My pal spent over 4hrs on the phone Tuesday waiting for an answer and his cert dropped in his letterbox this morning so it seems the wait may be worth it. Farcical situation still.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Champagne Sally

Currently on hold with the annoying jazz music for 3hrs 15mins….

Myself and hubby had 2nd vaccine on 23rd April and 4th May with GP.

Ive invested this time, not giving up now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Update - mammy got hers in the post but my GF is still waiting for hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

guess what arrived in the post today, an A4 printed digital certificate. Thankfully I didn't have to endure the disaster of the digital certificate hotline.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I got my second dose on Tuesday and my cert arrived by email at 8:05 am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Anyone have any idea of wait times at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Coverdale84

Hi all.

Probably in wrong place again!!!

Got my Cert but it only has my middle name on it. ( I am known by middle name) but my Passport has both first name and middle name. Can't get through to Helpline. Am I in trouble with this at Airports.

Many thanks.

• Advertisement

Only slight query. The issuing authority field is blank.

Shouldn't that be be the HSE or Department of Health?

Edit:

When I scanned it into the HSE COVID app, it comes up correctly with the issuing authority being the Department of Health Ireland.

Post edited by ClosedAccountFuzzy on

Well I'm currently waiting just over 4hrs 😬

They hung up on my pal this morning at exactly 3hrs!

By the sounds of it on here , it's worth sticking with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Apologies if this has been asked and/or clarified previously in the thread, but I received my cert today and my first name (which is spelled with a fada) doesn't have one on the cert.

I'm not planning to travel in the immediate future, but does this impact its usefulness and do I need to get it altered/reissued? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That's going to be a mess in France in August if you need to show your vaccinated to get access to the supermarkets.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭surm00

Just got hung up on a second time at the two hour mark. Four hours spent so far today. Anyone getting through?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

This has been rejected for supermarkets. It is not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Your mobile operator is causing that, not the helpline. Eir/GoMo cut off at 2hrs.

• Advertisement

Many phone networks are setup to do that, as a call going beyond 2 or 3 hours is considered a potential error or fault! So they reset the connection, and if someone's really there they can dial again.

Holding people for hours on a 1800 number will also cost the DoH a fortune as they're paying for your inbound call.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Frankie19

I have searched everywhere but can't find an awnser and a few of my friends are in the same position. Covid cert is in Maiden name but passport is in married name or vice versa.

If you contact the helpline will they reissue cert with correct surname or will carrying your marriage certificate suffice as proof?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I don't know the answer, but if your signature on your passport is the middle name that you use, that plus the fact that the date of birth on the passport and the certificate would match, should be a strong indicator that both are yours.

Eventually got through around the 5 hr mark. It was worth it my details were on the covax system but not on the hse system apparently. So all sorted now and certificate should issue in 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭thegetawaycar

To travel you do not need proof of vaccination, you can have a negative test or proof of recovery.

Some people can't get vaccines and it's only right that they can still travel.

Just to clear up, in Ireland you can get a coffee/food etc... you just can't eat/drink it indoors (on that premises). Nobody can for the time being.

Comparing not being allowed to consume your food/drink indoors to access to basic human needs (sleep, food, water etc...) is quite frankly absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

Anyone receive a digital cert yet after the 1 jab of the J&J from Boots or another pharmacy? Jab was got over 2 weeks ago. Boots said all info has been sent to HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Also on this..

was 2 weeks today pharmacy saying all sent through and not a peep

any Other pharmacy people received?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Got my digital cert today, got the j&j 2 weeks ago today in boots, and the cert was emailed to me

the analogy was to simplify a concept of coercion, it was obviously lost on you and I'm not up for using stick figure illustrations in this heat to be frank.

lets stick with Ireland then. Antigen testing has basis in science, it's useable in Europe and all over the world, we agree on that. Tony et all constantly tell us to stick with the science, when of course it suits him. If the antigen test were called "snake oil" by one expert, why are they now ready to be used? what science has changed? what behavioral and cultural program has been rolled out to change their use? or what new brand is in use now that has better integrity than a LIDL set. We know that integrity was not the issue or Tony would be getting a legal letter for libelous remarks.

correction also as you're being disingenuous completely, many people cannot eat indoors until October at least when it will be extended, which I bet it will. If cases level out, it will be said that this is a good balance for business and public health, lets revisit in in two months.. just watch if cases mount, they'll close shop again and say that's what other countries are doing but hey..we're top of table..or we have the best vaccine uptake in Europe..or this or that or the other..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Got my second dose of Pfizer on Monday and got my cert on Wednesday by email

Advertisement