Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

Tried from India on a VPN but said not available in your location. Anyone else have this issue?
    Thanks

Tried from India on a VPN but said not available in your location. Turkey was not available on the VPN I used. Anyone else have this issue?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

knipper wrote: »
    Tried from India on a VPN but said not available in your location. Turkey was not available on the VPN I used. Anyone else have this issue?
    Thanks
    Use a different vPn ?

VPN unlimited did the trick. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭arch20000

knipper wrote: »
    Thanks

Windscribe free and Turkey working for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just singed up there on my phone using Windscribe free and Revolut. Took 5 minutes.

19.99try for the HiFi sub.

I am a member of a Spotify family on here but I do a lot of my listening at home so the higher quality will be a great option.

I do wonder how long Tidal will last in its present format with the impending Apple Music HiFi rolling out soon at no extra cost to subscribers and Spotify rumoured to being doing something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Eventually got around to setting this up. Thanks to the OP. Cancelled my old Tidal account and now saving 18euros a month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Only joined tidal a few months ago based on this thread. Anyone else been getting pop ups and e-mails saying thanks for being with us 1 year and here's a complimentary 1 month free when you renew for 5 months? When you click the link it's looking to charge €49.50 up front and then you'd lose your cheaper price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Got same but not going to chance loosing my cheap price for that.

I wonder if you clicked on the link when you have a VPN on? Having said that, you're only saving 1-2 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭phantasmagoria

Yes, I got the same and I have a group hifi plan. Offer was for a singular hifi so no use to me. If you have your VPN on you should get the offer in your chosen currency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Go the same message, but apparently I'm with them 2 years!!!

"You have been with us for 2 years! Treat yourself to the TIDAL offer: 12 months of TIDAL HiFi subscription for the price of 10!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Got the same, 2years. Not touching that mail.

Tried to manually log in to tidal.com and it says I'm blocked, the app still works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yep same, not touching it. App and website still work fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

No point for a few euro , i have the Masters sub and set up the Hi res Audio ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,027 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Missed all the comments about not clicking on the offer well I got the mail from tidal and have the hifi single user plan so on with the vpn to Turkey clicked on the email link and selected the offer and it charged my Revolut card 199.90 Turkish Lira which converted to €19.92 for the next 12 months. Happy days 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

9.99 TRY was taken from my account yesterday which is fine.

My daughter uses it and it’s working fine today apart from when she goes to listen to one track in particular (a new release) and she gets a pop up telling her to get the best experience she must go Tidal Premium for €12.99 a month (Euro) which I think is the TRY9.99 plan she’s on.

Any ideas? She can still listen to all other music etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what is the track? I'll see if I get the same. Is she listening on Android?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I’m almost afraid to name it.

Liam Payne’s new one - Sunshine

Could it be that it’s not released in Turkey (or something - no idea if it has been?)

Just tried it and I get a message saying "Streaming not allowed. You have no active subscription". It could be because it is only available in HiFi format

If I now start getting suggestions about similar artists I will be back to complain strongly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

My 6 free months coming to an end next week! It’s been a good ride, Tidal

Tried it there, sunshine from the motion picture etc and worked fine (awful crap tho).

I'm on 14.99 family plan.

there is a hi fi and a masters version she might have tried the masters mqa version

So I tried that liam payne track again and I no longer get an error. all very strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

I see Tidal have just emailed to notify that the Turkey Tidal service will be discontinued in a week's time... anyone tried another cheap jurisdiction yet?

Yeah just got the email where else will work or is there no other cheap country? I suppose payment options might be limited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭archfi

Damn!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Same here. Gutted. It was great while it lasted. Any other countries available??

was good while it lasted any idea when losless high quality is coming to spotify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I think it might continue to work in the short-term. I've paid in advance up until July next year and my reading of the email was that it will only stop next week for anybody residing in Turkey and that you won't be able to renew a current sub. I'm hoping I'll still have access until the subscription runs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It was good while it lasted. I've been working from home all through the pandemic and we've been told we can stay working from home. I've been sitting here listening to tunes through a Hi-Fi streamer that supports the Hi-Res audio :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This year apparently. I think VPN via Argentina is still an option. But youll need a new account. Can transfer over playlists etc easily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Balls!!!

thanks had a look at spotify the last few days plays on high but goes wont stay on very high on the app i was using - high sounded ok to be going on with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Typical.

I only cancelled my Spotify Family account last week to switch over to the Tidal account I have had for the last 9 months and barely used.

Tidal is available in 61 countries, good few low income countries on the list so might be another option.

Argentina seems cheap enough

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/202453191-TIDAL-Where-We-re-Available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Wonder is Turkey the only one impacted, will we see the happen for Argentina...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I just signed up in Argentina it seemed to work. I wont know until the free month is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just about to do this now myself, btw did you use your initial Turkish email to sign up with Argentina and secondly have your playlists migrated across to the Arg site?

Thanks

I've created a new account (new email address) via Argentina, deleted app just in case and redownloaded.

145 Arg for HiFi (1.27euro) after 30 day free trial.

Revolut

I didn't have a huge amount of playlists so no interest in importing them over.

Hopefully this one keeps

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

So Argentina it is then. A project for the weekend.

99 ARS = 87 cents Premium

145 ARS = 1.27 euro HiFi

not to bad - ill wait and see dont want to deprive the argentinian people of masters audio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

They mentioned in the email that if you've moved from Turkey you can contact their customer support and they'll transfer across.

Might be better to keep the nose clean and start afresh though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

I would say start again. The last thing you want is them asking for some evidence of living in Argentina !

I reckon they will cop on fairly quickly when they see a load of new accounts popping up in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Feck. Though Ive been using Youtube Music a lot these days since grabbing the YT premium "bargain". I might sign again on Tidal through Argentina....

They don't care, it's miniscule in reality. They even seem to hint that they know we all just move countries......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

yeah just did the same, got a notification that they had pinged my card too, fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Turkey can get a bit cool in Nov and December whilst its Summer in Argentina so it makes sense to relocate to sunnier climes.😁

Advertisement