Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Unreadable, impossible to navigate, completely unnecessary. Can’t see myself using this site any more if this is how it’s staying. At least add an option for legacy mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm going to try to delete this.

Can't do it and don't know what this code block is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Feel sorry for the poor developer. He's gonna be under a lot of pressure over the coming days/weeks to fix the teething issues.

On the other hand there are some nice things about the new layout. I think once it goes back to a format similar to the old and users find their way around the new features it should be good.

Oh, is there anyway of reverting back the like button to a thanks? makes it seem too much like facebuke, especially with the "f" beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My Threads shows in the order of last post. However, My forums does not. A completely random selection of topics instead of showing the most recent post at the top.

And the whole thing looks pretty horrible on android mobile.

The preview of private messages on the desktop is nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If there is vote to remove "f" and "birdything" i'm in. These two polluting every site on internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Or... user definable for those who like those birdy and f things

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

Any hope of getting a more distinct/thicker line between posts on the mobile site? All posts look like they are running into each other.

• Advertisement

One of significant reasons i came to boards years ago - minimal-to-non adds and no link to "them". My personal stand. If it comes to the point where i want "them", i will get my accounts set up "there". But not here, thank you but NO, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I've added 2 screenshots. One is the new Boards touch site. The other is a Manchester United forum I visit.

The Boards site is awful for scrolling through comments, it's always just one giant block of white with no obvious dividers between comments. Let your eyes go blurry for a second and it looks like one giant block of text.

Compare it to the other forum screenshot where it's very obvious where one post ends and another begins.

Please implement something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

how do you find out who has visited your profile page and missing the glowing green circle to know when someone is online? maybe it there but I am missing it?

I can see this to be status indicator, when/if...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Copy/paste image attachments are neat. But I'd love to use the full page width without zooming in the page on browser. So much wasted space on a 1440p monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Clicking outside of tabs breaks the page:

https://imgur.com/FGm5ZTx

No preview for posts.

Edit: gif uploads as an image

Clicking on links asks to go to external site, ctrl clicking or clicking middle mouse button so the link opens directly in a new tab also asks to open external link, too many clicks.

No preview when editing also, original post shows above the edit which might make larger posts that need editing harder to do so.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/vcOd9FO.gif[/img]

embedding not working,

Edit: gif uploads correctly to imgur but apparently after you click something goes wrong.

Try here:

https://gifyu.com/image/BVxA

Post edited by iLikeWaffles on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Difficult to see, but it's grey writing on a blue background.

See below.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

What's happened to the "bargain alerts" forum? please let me know, it was my favourite!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thanks!

• Advertisement

That breakage has been reported already

Preview when editing, is this not basically WYSIWYG now i.e. add a pic, see the pic, add a bulleted list, see the bulleted list

Agree about the annoyance around external links though I am guessing this is a safety thing for less techy users. Its common across most sites these days

Imbedding images works, remove the tags and use the "Insert Media option", your gif should work then

Anything beyond 4 "Like" and you cant see who is on the list, again do to spacing/"white" space. Original site looked better in this regard(and other) even if post get 1000 thanks

Correction: "Like" list expand as height of the post itself

Where’s Soccer? I’ve seen a few people post that it’s easy to make it visible again without actually saying what you need to do.

There seem to be a few gaps or missing posts in "bargain alerts" - lots of posts from July 21 on page 1 then suddenly 2014 & 2016 (Tesco bargains etc) then 2021 again.

When you want to add an emoji the symbol for animals confused me until I figured out it was a moose. I'm guessing thats because vanilla is canadian. Low priority, but changing it to something like a mouse/cat/dog (more generic) would be a small improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

This notifications thing is driving me nuts. Now I've got 39 notifications, 36 of which are telling me there are new posts on this thread. I only need one notification of new posts on the thread, not one message for each post. The side effect is that there is one post on a thread that I'm following which is lost in the mass of "+1"s on this thread; and the other two are for that fekkin thread that I unsubscribed from years and years ago. 🤬

I think I'll have just turn off all notifications until that's sorted out.

Old boards URL's no longer work and are being flagged as external site links. Clicking on the link just brings you to the homepage, not the post in question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

New boards is like new coke!

Soon it will be classic boards again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Is there a way to change your avatar? Feeling like a change for this new “layout”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement